The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Celia Babini was never all that good to begin with. How she got four chairs and Cecily Hennigan only got one, baffles me.

Celia had a very good Blind. It was just that everything else that followed was garbage. (Her Battle with Karly was decent enough, but even then, she was outsung by her.)

As for Cecily, you have to remember that other than Blake, the coaching panel was incredibly picky that season, mainly because three out of four coaches were way too picky. John and Kelly, even now, are the King and Queen of Picky, for example, and Adam, who had formerly been more general in his selections, had also been overly picky since at least season twelve. So it was and wasn't surprising to me that Cecily only got Blake's turn.

Also, she did come late in the rotation, so that might've played a part, too.

Still salty about Cecily, if it was another season, she could have gotten far. Its just that Selkii was prefered by Blake in the battle and the other coaches were flops(mostly) with their steals.

Her battle came at a time when only Blake had a steal left, sadly. :(

And if she'd auditioned in an earlier taping she could've ended up with Kelly or another coach for her

She would've been stolen 100% had she gotten a better placement.

Andrew Sevener was (easily) the (best) male country singer of season 16. His performance of "Simple Man" was great.

Sarah Grace deserved to make finale XXXX XXXXXX

Celia Babini was never all that good to begin with.

You got 2 1/2 of these right. You get half credit for noting Sara Grace should have made the finals but lose half credit for saying over Chevel instead of Chris.

• 3 months later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_N8vPBnDY3/?igshid=nkzz0215qso7

Vote for Sam! Unpop Thunderstorm 8th best performance out of 10 KOS aired. Tired of four chair turns being KEPT in the competition. Tayler DESERVES that steal. Kelly did right picking Micah, he's great. Ranked Micah 3rd. Cedrice the best of the night, great pickup for Kelly.

Thunderstorm and Todd T. are incredibly overrated, hopefully the Queens cut through. 

Cedrice > Toneisha btw

Toneisha is like that powerhouse singer who's suppose to be like Rose, Kymberli, and Queen Kyla, but falls short to like a Regina Love or Tonya. Even Judith Hill was better lmao.

Micah, won't even get Top 9 even if some assume his finale spot is locked in.

Castillo did a beautiful rendition of "Stand By Me"

• Like 1

This place will never learn.  The Voice is at least 60% about the coaches and 40% (at most) about the contestants.  The coaches fan base(s) are a zillion times larger than the contestants.  Kelly Clarkson has won 3 out of her first 4 seasons - all three with arguably lesser talented contestants within the field.  The coaches performances with the contestants, IMO, is also one of the most important deciding factors in competition - and Kelly Clarkson is by a million miles the best singer to ever perform on The Voice.  

1 hour ago, Cranberrys said:

This place will never learn.  The Voice is at least 60% about the coaches and 40% (at most) about the contestants.  The coaches fan base(s) are a zillion times larger than the contestants.  Kelly Clarkson has won 3 out of her first 4 seasons - all three with arguably lesser talented contestants within the field.  The coaches performances with the contestants, IMO, is also one of the most important deciding factors in competition - and Kelly Clarkson is by a million miles the best singer to ever perform on The Voice.  

How in the hell did Blake ever win then, let alone 6 times? Not saying he is a terrible singer, but none of his duets were good iirc

Chevel would have won with Blake, and it probably would have been an easier win. I’m not sure about the other two, though. It’s could be argued either way. 

That comment about coach-contestant duets being the most important deciding factor might be the most delusional comment I’ve every seen on IDF, and that’s saying a lot. 

No one is going to argue Kelly's talent...but to say she is "a million miles" better than Xtina or Alicia Keys is a bit of a stretch.

1 minute ago, ATX29 said:

No one is going to argue Kelly's talent...but to say she is "a million miles" better than Xtina or Alicia Keys is a bit of a stretch.

Alicia, Kelly IS WAY better. Don't forget JHud too.

JHud, Xtina, Kelly greatest vocalists on The Voice USA.

Edited by QueenMae16

8 hours ago, ATX29 said:

I'm going to say it again - and again and again.  Kelly Clarkson is a vastly more talented vocalist than Alicia Keyes or Jennifer Hudson.  KC is one of a precious few of the best vocalists on earth. She's been proving it for almost two decades and continues to prove it every day. Kelly Clarkson is one of only two people on earth, and in history, to win more than one "BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM" GRAMMY. Kelly Clarkson is the only person in history to be GRAMMY nominated for "BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM" 5 times and win the award multiple times.  Alicia has neither the range, timbre, texture, power, versatility, or emotive infusion to keep up with KC. Alicia's primary artistic skill is writing R&B ballads - and singing the songs she writes.  Alicia's covers are unremarkable.  Jhud has taken extensive vocal lessons & training since her time on American Idol. She has blossomed as a singer since Idol and is now a very good vocalist - but she's not very versatile, she has less range & power, and most importantly - she doesn't emote as well as Kelly Clarkson (or Alicia Keyes for that matter).  Still - Alicia is, by far, the weakest vocalists of the three - and not considered by the professional vocal community as a "great" vocalist (in any competitive or measurable metric) in the same way Miley Cyrus and Meghan Trainor are not considered "Great" vocalists.

eta - Xtina has ZERO credibility covering anyone and she lacks versatility. Her success has been controversial throughout her career.  Her voice's weakness is it's cold tone and damaged timbre & texture from bad technique.  Aguilera's constant and unyielding tendency to over-sing has almost ruined her career and has, in fact, destroyed her relationship with the most talented writers and producers in the music industry.  Xtina's voice is damaged and has declined so drastically she is incapable of singing her catalog in anything remotely approaching it's original keys.

Edited by Cranberrys

I'll rank all the female coaches on The Voice

1. ALICIA KEYS

2. CHRISTINA AGUILERA

3. MILEY CYRUS

4. JENNIFER HUDSON

5. KELLY CLARKSON

6. SHAKIRA

7. GWEN STEFANI

Sorry but Alicia and Xtina are queens who didn't need a singing competition to be famous.

Edited by JOMZ
Forgot gwen and miley

3 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

I'll rank all the female coaches on The Voice

1. ALICIA KEYS

2. CHRISTINA AGUILERA

3. JENNIFER HUDSON

4. KELLY CLARKSON

5. SHAKIRA

Sorry but Alicia and Xtina are queens who didn't need a singing competition to be famous.

Miley and Gwen?

15 hours ago, asheryusop said:

I am just gonna say this once and for all: Kyla was good but she's overrated by many. Kymberli Joye is far better than her as she can bounce around different genres. Break Every Chain solidifies Kymberli's greatness.

Yup I really love Kymberli. Her Battle (Mercy) KO (The Middle) PO (Radioactive) are my favorites. She's really one of the most consistent singer on The Voice that never fails to impress the coaches.

Just a reminder. (!)  Please be respectful to other members and do not throw out offensive terms. 

On 11/13/2019 at 9:19 AM, istersay said:

Forum Rules

Member Conduct & Etiquette

• No flaming or name calling. Be respectful of other posters. This rule applies to posts made on the open board, as well as to Private Messages (PM's) sent to fellow members. Flaming, name calling, harassment in any form will absolutely not be tolerated. This type of conduct can and will result in temporary suspension or permanent suspension. Each individual situation will be dealt with accordingly. Flaming or name calling of (past/current/future) contestants is also not allowed as it is sure to result in arguments/fights between board members. Any such violation will be evaluated case by case and will also be dealt with accordingly.

Just now, Misirlou said:

Unpopular opinion: I loved Will Breman from last season, I thought he brought a lot of fun to what I thought was kind of a dull season. His duet with Ricky in the T8 still remains one of my favorites.

I agree. He was very frustrating to root for because of his inconsistency, but even with his vocal misses, I still loved seeing him on my TV. 

That's not to say he was my absolute favorite. That would go to Queen Rose