The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

I'm beginning to miss the days when Blake was the top dawg. Who knew? :ermm:

Gosh, I'm not. I much prefer her to Blake at this point. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she and possibly John were being groomed to be the new duo of coaches headlining the show in case Blake ever finally leaves (which, with Adam gone, is quite likely). Frankly, I'd be all for that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

Gosh, I'm not. I much prefer her to Blake at this point. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she and possibly John were being groomed to be the new duo of coaches headlining the show in case Blake ever finally leaves (which, with Adam gone, is quite likely). Frankly, I'd be all for that.

As long as Blake is making $30 million per year, he isn’t going anywhere. Why would he need Adam?

As long as Blake is making $30 million per year, he isn’t going anywhere. Why would he need Adam?

Because they both gave multiple interviews admitting that if one left, the other would, too? Just pointing that out.

Because they both gave multiple interviews admitting that if one left, the other would, too? Just pointing that out.

I know they said that years ago. And yet, he has signed on for at least two more seasons since Adam left. Do you believe what you hear, or what you see?

From Forbes list of highest paid country stars (2017)...

8. Blake Shelton: $31.5 million

Blake Shelton makes most of his millions from his gig as a judge on "The Voice."

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/forbes-lis...ountry-stars/2/

Edited by TeamAudra

:yes: Kelly is an exceptional singer/performer, but I don't like her as a coach and TV personality.

I'm beginning to miss the days when Blake was the top dawg. Who knew? :ermm:

I know right?

FTR: I've been to over 220 concerts in my life (Don't judge, it's my thing). Kelly Clarkson 2005 at the Fox Theater in Atlanta is on my top 5 list. She is exceptional live. :wub:

Do you believe what you hear, or what you see?

Um . . . hear? I thought that'd be obvious by now.

In any case, is his contract cycle up after next season or the one after? Whichever one, if he renews again, then I'll switch to "see."

In any case, is his contract cycle up after next season or the one after? Whichever one, if he renews again, then I'll switch to "see."

Sure thing. I say they’ll need to drag him out of there. If the show gets cancelled, look for him to find another TV gig of some sort. Did you know Kelly’s husband manages both of them? He’s probably closer to Kelly than he ever was with Adam. You should know by now that we can’t take everything they say literally.

____

I know right?

FTR: I've been to over 220 concerts in my life (Don't judge, it's my thing). Kelly Clarkson 2005 at the Fox Theater in Atlanta is on my top 5 list. She is exceptional live. :wub:

Who are the other 4 in your top 5?

Edited by TeamAudra

So...then do you also believe it when Blake said in front of 2000 people a week after the S12 finals the results were "bullshit"? Or do you pick and chose your truths to suit you? Just askin'. :)

Who are the other 4 in your top 5?

Are you really asking me to date myself like that? :P

Linda Ronstadt and Allison Krauss both at the Fox, Jason Isbell at the Lucas Theater in Savannah, Steely Dan at Walnut Creek.

FTR: Linda had the best voice ever live. As an impressionable teenager she literally changed my life and fostered my love for music.

HM Lynyrd Skynyrd (unplugged) at the Ryman, Pink Floyd at Radio City, Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Ryman, Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett at the Kennedy Center, Also, a concert I was virtually dragged to by co-workers, Justin Timberlake at the MGM Grand.

Guessing few know who the Tedeschi Trucks Band is....Just a stadium headliner.

xbOlgESKbIc

I actually think Kelly just has a good eye for what viewers like to see. It's part of the reason she won American Idol. I dont think her stans and the show demographics are the same. Her biggest fans from what I've seen are largely in their 30s. Her music was most popular when they were in high school or college

So...then do you also believe it when Blake said in front of 2000 people a week after the S12 finals the results were "bullshit"? Or do you pick and chose your truths to suit you? Just askin'. :)

Are you really asking me to date myself like that? :P

Linda Ronstadt and Allison Krauss both at the Fox, Jason Isbell at the Lucas Theater in Savannah, Steely Dan at Walnut Creek.

FTR: Linda had the best voice ever live. As an impressionable teenager she literally changed my life and fostered my love for music.

HM Lynyrd Skynyrd (unplugged) at the Ryman, Pink Floyd at Radio City, Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Ryman, Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett at the Kennedy Center, Also, a concert I was virtually dragged to by co-workers, Justin Timberlake at the MGM Grand.

Guessing few know who the Tedeschi Trucks Band is....Just a stadium headliner.

xbOlgESKbIc

On the Tedeschi Trucks Band...I’ve checked them out before. They sound good. I know they won a Grammy and have very modest album sales and social media followings, yet, I see lots of pictures on their Instagram performing in very large and packed venues. How do they pull that off? Is it a situation of a smaller, but much more dedicated fanbase?

Yes, I do. And yes, I do, in fact, do that.

On the Tedeschi Trucks Band...I've checked them out before. They sound good. I know they won a Grammy and have very modest album sales and social media followings, yet, I see lots of pictures on their Instagram performing in very large and packed venues. How do they pull that off? Is it a situation of a smaller, but much more dedicated fanbase?

All I call tell you is they have fans in high places and not just in the music business. Their fans are the best I ever met...respectful and appreciative but total chill. It's kinda crazy because they are simultaneously one of the best kept and one of the best know secrets in the music business. If you ever get the chance...go.

Yeah, It's hilarious how hard Kelly fights for some contestants just to immediately get rid of them in the battle rounds. :haha:

They're all like that though. They hear something they like in the blinds, and then it's not there for the battles or knockouts. Or they clash with that contestant.

Or.... they care more about beating another coach but don't care about the actual contestant they won.

They're all like that though. They hear something they like in the blinds, and then it's not there for the battles or knockouts. Or they clash with that contestant.

Or.... they care more about beating another coach but don't care about the actual contestant they won.

Like most everything else it's a spectrum. Some are much worse than others.

IMHO Blake and Alicia are on the more sincere side. It's my impression they typically genuinely believe what they say. Yes, it doesn't always work out for a lot of reasons....but.

Kelly and Adam are the least sincere side. I don't believe a word they say in the blinds.

Kelly and Adam are the least sincere side. I don't believe a word they say in the blinds.

I agree wholeheartedly about Adam (of course).

Kelly . . . I think it's about half-and-half. The ones over whom she's clearly losing her mind are the ones toward whom she's more sincere. The ones in whom she only seems casually interested? Not so much. If she has a rather calm excitement to being chosen, she's dropping that artist at the first opportunity. If she is really, truly excited about someone who chooses her, she's going to try and take him, her, or them far, even if the viewers don't want her to.

I have zero agreement on Blake, though. I think Adam rubbed off on him, because I don't buy a word he says. I keep shaking my head when I remember that, prior to her Battle, Joana Martinez called him "genuine" and said that that was why she picked him in the Blinds. Dude doesn't have a genuine bone in his body. He may have at one time, but that's been gone for several seasons now.

I would put Alicia, Pharrell, John, and Gwen at the upper end of the genuineness scale, and Adam, Blake, and sometimes Kelly at the lower end. Usher, Shakira, Christina, Ceelo, Miley, and Jennifer all run somewhere in the middle to me.

I'll really be interested in seeing where Nick falls next season.

I agree wholeheartedly about Adam (of course).

Kelly . . . I think it's about half-and-half. The ones over whom she's clearly losing her mind are the ones toward whom she's more sincere. The ones in whom she only seems casually interested? Not so much. If she has a rather calm excitement to being chosen, she's dropping that artist at the first opportunity. If she is really, truly excited about someone who chooses her, she's going to try and take him, her, or them far, even if the viewers don't want her to.

I have zero agreement on Blake, though. I think Adam rubbed off on him, because I don't buy a word he says. I keep shaking my head when I remember that, prior to her Battle, Joana Martinez called him "genuine" and said that that was why she picked him in the Blinds. Dude doesn't have a genuine bone in his body. He may have at one time, but that's been gone for several seasons now.

I would put Alicia, Pharrell, John, and Gwen at the upper end of the genuineness scale, and Adam, Blake, and sometimes Kelly at the lower end. Usher, Shakira, Christina, Ceelo, Miley, and Jennifer all run somewhere in the middle to me.

I'll really be interested in seeing where Nick falls next season.

IPB Image LOL! Like the total throw down she had over Brennan Lassiter? Has she ever fought harder? Nope. Has anyone ever fought like that for someone they dump at the earliest opportunity? Nope. Genuine as a $25 Rolex. I can't stop laughing.

All she wanted was to take a country girl from Blake. Period. It was the most disingenuous ego feast in the history of the Voice.

All she wanted was to take a country girl from Blake. Period. It was the most disingenuous ego feast in the history of the Voice.

What about when Adam fought hard to win that four-chair country artist (from Blake) and then cut her in the battles?

True. None of these coaches is 100% reliable, maybe Blake is easier to read but we can't trust him either.

You have to be more specific :D

No seriously, too many artists on this show.

She wasn't very good though. (In Adam's defense)

And to defend all of them, sometimes what we see on television is not reality. I liked Brennan a lot too, but it might have been apparent to Kelly in rehearsals that she wasn't ready for the live stage. Especially considering Brennan is exactly the type of artist Kelly usually loves.

I think most coaches just have a specific preference for types of artists, and they'll give a great contestant up if they don't fit that mode (Except for John). If you aren't a powerhouse female vocalist or a country singer, don't bother with Kelly. If you weren't a powerhouse female vocalist, male indie singer, or rock singer..don't bother with Adam etc..

And generally speaking, the same goes for Blake. 80s rock, indie girl, or country, otherwise don't bother. It's just that most of the time, artists who aren't those three things don't ever go to Blake - whereas people out of Kelly and Adam's wheelhouse will give them a try.

Give it a name.

I think they're talking about the one that sat in all of the chairs (An Ush and Shakira season)..I forget her name too. :haha:

But to be fair, Adam rarely beat Blake out for a country singer. :haha:

Edited by mercfan3

What about when Adam fought hard to win that four-chair country artist (from Blake) and then cut her in the battles?

I answered that before you even asked... :P

Still...Adam can't touch Kelly's full on groveling.

Sometimes the singers just aren't ready for the show, but all we have to go on is their blind audition. You can't tell me it was Blake's plan all along to keep Nic Hawk and discard Holly Henry. Nic was clearly the one being bussed there.

Sometimes the singers just aren't ready for the show, but all we have to go on is their blind audition. You can't tell me it was Blake's plan all along to keep Nic Hawk and discard Holly Henry. Nic was clearly the one being bussed there.

That is an unpopular opinion. Holly said she was given an arrangement she begged them to fix because it didn't fit her style.and then she asked for a different song. TPTB said: No & no. The bus came. It saw. It conquered.

Not sure if these are unpopular... But they're definitely opinions.

(From recent seasons)

Andrew Sevener was the male country singer of season 16. His performance of "Simple Man" was great.

Jake Wells' knockout was a flop, but it was 10x better than whatever Colton did to get Jennifer's steal.

Sarah Grace deserved to make finale over Chevel

Celia Babini was never all that good to begin with. How she got four chairs and Cecily Hennigan only got one, baffles me.

Hello Sunday is way too overhated. Chelsea's tone is superb.