The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Remember the pissed off look on her face when Sarah Grace got the PV in the PO?

Yeah, she -- what? She was pissed about that? I didn't even notice! Whom did she want?! Abby?! After that performance?!

She was outwardly hostile to Maelyn. I guess that's Kelly getting her "Darkside" on.

Whoa, I don't think that Kelly was hostile to Maelyn AT ALL. Fearful of her threat status, certainly. But I never got the feeling that she hated her.

Max for example. She could've guided him into a more popular direction, but instead she decided it was a good idea to turn him into a belter! :wacko: I was right when I felt he'd have been better off with Gwen. He's the type of singer Gwen might have guided with more flair and he could've lasted a little longer.

The truth is, imo, that Max was getting a bit too popular for Kelly's taste, and she did what she had to do to get rid of Max to protect bae and pawn.

Hey, don't blame Kelly for that. Max had the choice, and Gwen was right there. He made his bed, so he got to lie in it.

Yeah, she -- what? She was pissed about that? I didn't even notice! Whom did she want?! Abby?! After that performance?!

Whoa, I don't think that Kelly was hostile to Maelyn AT ALL. Fearful of her threat status, certainly. But I never got the feeling that she hated her.

Hey, don't blame Kelly for that. Max had the choice, and Gwen was right there. He made his bed, so he got to lie in it.

I think she wanted Chevel and Kymberli to get the PV, and save Zaxai.

Edited by TeamAudra

( A ) I never said she hated her. I said she was hostile. "Threatened" may be one of the reasons she was hostile. I have other ideas why....but she was hostile AF. I'll never look at Kelly the same way again. Kelly was petty and emotionally childish towards Maelyn.

( B ) That's just silly. She picked against her every time she had a chance. Maelyn stomped her competitors into a mud hole and Kelly picked the bones out of the mud and call them winners.

Kelly's a piece of :censored:

She acts all nice but her true colors shine easily. Example was with Maelyn.

The Voice became way worse with her nonstop talking and meaningless pitches to the contestants. Toxic asf fanbase that worships her and her garbage show.

:whistling:

Kelly's a piece of :censored:

She acts all nice but her true colors shine easily. Example was with Maelyn.

The Voice became way worse with her nonstop talking and meaningless pitches to the contestants. Toxic asf fanbase that worships her and her garbage show.

I wouldn't go THAT far. Admittedly, I did have her on a pedestal until then. Fact is, she's human like the rest of us. I guess the take away is, no matter how much you admire a celeb they will eventually let you down....just like the rest of us will.

Lol Maelyn not being Kellys favorite of the season doesnt make her a terrible person.

No it doesn't, but acting petty towards a contestant you have influence over, for selfish reasons, is not her best look.

I don't want to get in the middle of this one too much, but I was just thinking about what a huge advantage it must be for a coach to have a daily talk show that averages nearly 2 million viewers. It probably helps The Voice ratings too.

LOL! I call that Pigeon posting. You know....fly in > drop poop in the thread > fly away. :teehee: :haha:

Anyway...I suspect you are correct. Kelly is making new Stans by the dozen. :yes:

I don’t want to get in the middle of this one too much, but I was just thinking about what a huge advantage it must be for a coach to have a daily talk show that averages nearly 2 million viewers. It probably helps The Voice ratings too.

They definitely promote The Voice a good amount on her show. Of course Brynn was just on and Kaleb Lee was as well but even outside of the contestants, i think Blake and John have both been on at least twice alone and then Gwen, John and Blake were all on their together one time as well. A good amount of AGT people have gone there too. They're def using Kellys show to promote other shows on their network.

They definitely promote The Voice a good amount on her show. Of course Brynn was just on and Kaleb Lee was as well but even outside of the contestants, i think Blake and John have both been on at least twice alone and then Gwen, John and Blake were all on their together one time as well. A good amount of AGT people have gone there too. They're def using Kellys show to promote other shows on their network.

So she's a tool :haha:

Her show airs on CBS and ABC in some areas. I wonder how those networks feel about The Voice being promoted on their airwaves?

Edited by TeamAudra

Yeah, It's hilarious how hard Kelly fights for some contestants just to immediately get rid of them in the battle rounds. :haha:

Sound like you're saying she fights like a bulldog over a bone. Later, she realizes she didn't REALLY want that bone she just wanted to win the fight so she buries it in the yard. Yes? No?

I don’t want to get in the middle of this one too much, but I was just thinking about what a huge advantage it must be for a coach to have a daily talk show that averages nearly 2 million viewers. It probably helps The Voice ratings too.

I have been saying this all season long. The Voice is using Kelly/her show as much as Kelly is using the Voice. There is NO WAY any other coach was going to win. Her not standing for Rose in the finale was just pettiness on her part.

I don’t know about that, but there’s no way they were gonna let her be shut out from the finale. They need the Kelly Show stans tuning in. The same can still be said about Blake, but to a lesser degree, I think. His fans may or not be avid TV watchers. The demographics of the Kelly Show audience are probably similar to those of The Voice. If they’re watching TV in the morning/afternoon, there’s a pretty good chance they’ll still be on their couch, with remote in hand, when The Voice comes on.

Edited by TeamAudra

I have been saying this all season long. The Voice is using Kelly/her show as much as Kelly is using the Voice. There is NO WAY any other coach was going to win. Her not standing for Rose in the finale was just pettiness on her part.

Yeah...it's the lack of respect towards peeps chasing their dream that I find most troubling about Kelly. She doesn't have to prefer them but she should respect them. I'm saying when a contestant has a moment respect the moment. It's not the time for passive/aggressive prissiness because it doesn't fit her agenda.

Yeah...it's the lack of respect towards peeps chasing their dream that I find most troubling about Kelly. She doesn't have to prefer them but she should respect them. I'm saying when a contestant has a moment respect the moment. It's not the time for passive/aggressive prissiness because it doesn't fit her agenda.

:yes: Kelly is an exceptional singer/performer, but I don't like her as a coach and TV personality.

I'm beginning to miss the days when Blake was the top dawg. Who knew? :ermm:

I hate these types of shows, but it seems like hers won’t be going away any time soon!

Kelly Clarkson’ Is a Ratings Winner — and a Throwback to Old Days of Talk Shows

.... Clarkson has delivered an impressive performance so far with her move into the daytime talk-show arena as host of “The Kelly Clarkson Show.” Since its September debut, the hourlong talk-variety show, distributed by NBCUniversal, has proven to be a ratings contender, ranking No. 4 among all syndicated daytime talkers, ahead of such veterans as “Maury,” “Rachael Ray” and “The Wendy Williams Show.” ....

.... But the track record for first-run programming in the past decade has been dismal. “Kelly Clarkson” is the first newcomer to register a real pulse since Steve Harvey launched his talk show in 2012. NBCUniversal has already renewed the series for a second season.....

....Kelly Clarkson” has averaged about 1.8 million viewers for the season to date (through Nov. 8). That puts her behind only “Dr. Phil” (3.2 million viewers), “Live With Kelly and Ryan” (2.7 million) and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” (2.5 million) among daytime talkers....

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/kelly-clar...ngs-1203417288/

Edited by TeamAudra

I hate these types of shows, but it seems like hers won’t be going away any time soon!

Kelly Clarkson’ Is a Ratings Winner — and a Throwback to Old Days of Talk Shows

.... Clarkson has delivered an impressive performance so far with her move into the daytime talk-show arena as host of “The Kelly Clarkson Show.” Since its September debut, the hourlong talk-variety show, distributed by NBCUniversal, has proven to be a ratings contender, ranking No. 4 among all syndicated daytime talkers, ahead of such veterans as “Maury,” “Rachael Ray” and “The Wendy Williams Show.” ....

.... But the track record for first-run programming in the past decade has been dismal. “Kelly Clarkson” is the first newcomer to register a real pulse since Steve Harvey launched his talk show in 2012. NBCUniversal has already renewed the series for a second season.....

....Kelly Clarkson” has averaged about 1.8 million viewers for the season to date (through Nov. 8). That puts her behind only “Dr. Phil” (3.2 million viewers), “Live With Kelly and Ryan” (2.7 million) and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” (2.5 million) among daytime talkers....

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/kelly-clar...ngs-1203417288/

:yes: Kelly's show is the first talkshow in a while to feel both unique and genuine. It probably helps to have a world-class singer opening the show with covers :haha: (She also cries a lot :haha: )

:yes: Kelly's show is the first talkshow in a while to feel both unique and genuine. It probably helps to have a world-class singer opening the show with covers :haha: (She also cries a lot :haha: )

I haven’t checked it out lately, but I remember reading that she wasn’t going to be on all of the local stations that Ellen is on initially. If that’s the case, I would imagine the full roll out is coming soon.