The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Kata's tone was really rough around the edges, it wasnt the type of tone that IDF usually likes for country females. Not for everyone.

I guess it didnt help that she auditioned with Redneck Woman, which is the female equivalent of a song to bro country.

I personally didnt mind her. I enjoyed her KO.

Edited by Misirlou

18 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Kata's tone was really rough around the edges, it wasnt the type of tone that IDF usually likes for country females. Not for everyone.

I guess it didnt help that she auditioned with Redneck Woman, which is the female equivalent of a song to bro country.

I personally didnt mind her. I enjoyed her KO.

Her Knockout was good, but I didn’t care about the rest of her performances. I preferred the other 4 people from her playoff team, but at least she was better than Nick.

2 hours ago, DaVoice said:

GNT is a shit winner. You could give Bekah 2 howler monkeys and as long as they stayed roughly on pitch with her, people would still vote for them, because hARmOnIES 🥰 and middle murica needed someone to vote for when none of the cuntry males could make it to the lives. Which btw was intentional for reasons we all understand…but you failed again voice producers, didn’t you? 🤣

Stay pressed, the audience voted their is nothing you can do about , the audience has a preference just like you do, don’t go around and PRACTICALLY judge others preferences for voting for GNT , your opinion should not be absolute , you’re  such a hypocrite. You are sick and rude . The voice for me is not about who the best vocalist is( well it is a part of it but not entirely it) it is who the audience prefers or which voice you or the general public wants ti hear , my sister would rather listen to Olivia Rodrigo’s voice than Celine Dion’s but it does not mean that Olivia can s better Celine vocally .

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, DaVoice said:

GNT is a shit winner. You could give Bekah 2 howler monkeys and as long as they stayed roughly on pitch with her, people would still vote for them, because hARmOnIES 🥰 and middle murica needed someone to vote for when none of the cuntry males could make it to the lives. Which btw was intentional for reasons we all understand…but you failed again voice producers, didn’t you? 🤣

“Howler monkeys” oh please they could probably sing better than you. Besides, even if you don’t like their voices, there were people that loved them. I thought all three members of GNT had great voices and blended well.

Also, I think GNT was able to appeal to more than middle America because they won.

You’re entitled to your opinion but I thought your descriptions were critical yet also comical. 🤣

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mohammad said:

It’s my opinion, you can have yours . Well on second thoughts , their run wasn’t the best , so they are good winners I’ll leave at that .

They’re fine. I like them. The group vs. solo still bugs me, but whatever. They got the most votes. 

• Like 1

Since The Cross Battles were brought up on another thread, I´ll resume again: The whole thing was a mess, but all of the Team Blake members that won their matches deserved to do so.

In fact, I´d argue that Oliv, Dexter, Carter and Andrew Sevener were really good there. Special mention to Oliv and Dexter since they sang without in-ears (they went on the first week, where TPTB stupidly didn´t have them have those). Kim was entertaining. I didn´t like Gyth´s performance but he deserved to win that one if you looked at how his opponent did. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Since The Cross Battles were brought up on another thread, I´ll resume again: The whole thing was a mess, but all of the Team Blake members that won their matches deserved to do so.

In fact, I´d argue that Oliv, Dexter, Carter and Andrew Sevener were really good there. Special mention to Oliv and Dexter since they sang without in-ears (they went on the first week, where TPTB stupidly didn´t have them have those). Kim was entertaining. I didn´t like Gyth´s performance but he deserved to win that one if you looked at how his opponent did. 

So you are calling me out, ah?? :haha: 

Nah, i checked the pairings on Wikipedia again, yes, you are right. While i'm convinced that the format should not be back because the audience is biased for Blake, for that particular season, it was clear that Blake's contestants deserved to win their matches. 

There were only three contestants that i don't consider that they were deserving of winning their matches: Jej, Jimmy and Rebeca. Yes, i know IDF loves some country females (i do, too), but sorry, Beth deserved to win that and there is nothing that can change my mind about that

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The Blake contestants getting voted through in cross battles wasn’t the problem in cross-battles. The main issue was that contestants were doomed if they were on a certain unpopular coach’s team (I liked a few contestants’ performances from the team that lost better than their opponents). The playoffs was where Blake had too many PV’s, but it’s still unfair that it made coaches lose artists they didn’t want to get rid of in the first place. The save order made it so a couple contestants with good performances got eliminated, since the coaches saved artists without knowing the results from other teams.

• Like 2

The only way to fix the problem of Blake’s contestants having an advantage is to cancel the show and come up with something else.  It will always be a problem, regardless of format. I’d argue that the playoff quotas allow some to sneak through who shouldn’t and screw others. 

Edited by TeamAudra

16 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

6 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

There were only three contestants that i don't consider that they were deserving of winning their matches: Jej, Jimmy and Rebeca. Yes, i know IDF loves some country females (i do, too), but sorry, Beth deserved to win that and there is nothing that can change my mind about that

What should’ve happened: Beth winning her CB, Rebecca getting Kelly’s Save (which would’ve been deserved imo)

What actually happened: Results being announced in an order that screwed Beth over

At least the results weren’t as questionable as they could’ve been considering the Blake-heavy bias of the audience, I guess 🙃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

What should’ve happened: Beth winning her CB, Rebecca getting Kelly’s Save (which would’ve been deserved imo)

What actually happened: Results being announced in an order that screwed Beth over

At least the results weren’t as questionable as they could’ve been considering the Blake-heavy bias of the audience, I guess 🙃

Yeah, it would have been better if Beth won and Rebecca got saved. She would have been a way more deserving save than Abby anyway

6 minutes ago, Daillon said:

When people talk about S16 they usually forget how weak the non-country cast was. Yeah, the X Battles were a disaster but what ruined the season for me was the lack of talent, not Blake’s domination.

Another unpopular opinion perhaps, but apart from Maelyn, Shawn, Presley and Domenic, the country guys were easily the best of the playoffs night, even Gyth. I didn´t want them all voted through, but in a way, I get why it happened. The others didn´t show me why they deserved it.

Edited by Misirlou

17 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I agree with all of this. I will say Rebecca was deserving of advancing in my opinion based on her CB, but as everybody imagined, it would have been with a Beth win and a Rebecca save.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Another unpopular opinion perhaps, but apart from Maelyn, Shawn, Presley and Domenic, the country guys were easily the best of the playoffs night, even Gyth. I didn´t want them all voted through, but in a way, I get why it happened. The others didn´t show me why they deserved it.

Yeah, Maelyn and Shawn’s performances got PVs for a reason, but it was disappointing how Presley and Domenic didn’t even get a save. Gyth had his only performance in Lives I really liked, and Dexter was also good. Yeah, those were probably my Top 6 that night. I didn’t mind Carter that night either, though he wasn’t country. I just thought 5 Blake members getting PV was too much, and didn’t allow for diversity in the Semis. Though a problem was that I was not happy with the coach saves that night. IDF was so upset with results that night because of all the country guys getting voted through and the saves being less popular on IDF than other contestants that got eliminated on those teams

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

Yeah, Maelyn and Shawn’s performances got PVs for a reason, but it was disappointing how Presley and Domenic didn’t even get a save. Gyth had his only performance in Lives I really liked, and Dexter was also good. Yeah, those were probably my Top 6 that night. I didn’t mind Carter that night either, though he wasn’t country. I just thought 5 Blake members getting PV was too much, and didn’t allow for diversity in the Semis. Though a problem was that I was not happy with the coach saves that night. IDF was so upset with results that night because of all the country guys getting voted through and the saves being less popular on IDF than other contestants that got eliminated on those teams

Yes, I really think that the Playoffs would've been a lot better that season had there just been team quotas again.  Two voted through for each team, one saved.  Then, the Comeback vote.  If things go like that, then the teams going into the Top 13 look very different.

On 12/25/2021 at 7:38 AM, Mohammad said:

Stay pressed, the audience voted their is nothing you can do about , the audience has a preference just like you do, don’t go around and PRACTICALLY judge others preferences for voting for GNT , your opinion should not be absolute , you’re  such a hypocrite. You are sick and rude . The voice for me is not about who the best vocalist is( well it is a part of it but not entirely it) it is who the audience prefers or which voice you or the general public wants ti hear , my sister would rather listen to Olivia Rodrigo’s voice than Celine Dion’s but it does not mean that Olivia can s better Celine vocally .

My opinion IS absolute and irrefutable. Your opinion is subjective, biased, and completely untethered from reality - Olivia Rodrigo is obviously a better singer than Celine.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, DaVoice said:

My opinion IS absolute and irrefutable. Your opinion is subjective, biased, and completely untethered from reality - Olivia Rodrigo is obviously a better singer than Celine.

Are you actually saying Olivia is better than Celine? 

Take this mask 🤡

• Like 1
  • Haha 3