The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

I'm sure Maelyn can manage to make these songs work, but she doesn't the rasp to be perfect in a few cases.

That said, you all Kelly fans know very well how awesome she is. Please don't be offended by a particular opinion, there's no need for pointless comparisons. They're both amazing singers, imo.

Right on. You can't compare one of the biggest stars in the world to someone who hasn't made it yet.

That being said...I would put Maelyn's pure voice up against anyone in the world, but I'm hardly unbiased.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

Yeah, Kelly is ruthless. Unless you're country, it's dangerous to have a fav on her team. I don't count Brynn bc that season was the equivalent of the Legendary Season. Kelly had to win.

She could've guided Max into a more popular direction, but instead she decided it was a good idea to turn him into a belter! :wacko: I was right when I felt he'd have been better off with Gwen. He's the type of singer Gwen might have guided with more flair and he could've lasted a little longer.

The truth is, imo, that Max was getting a bit too popular for Kelly's taste, and she did what she had to do to get rid of Max to protect bae and pawn.

Yeah Brynn was TCO. Also, Brynn's style is way too overstylized for my taste so it fits my description of Kelly's preferences. :haha:

I agree that Max was with the wrong coach, but I still don't think Kelly is aware of her actions, she just happens to have a very particular taste, imo.

Right on. You can't compare one of the biggest stars in the world to someone who hasn't made it yet.

That being said...I would put Maelyn's pure voice up against anyone in the world, but I'm hardly unbiased.

:yes:

Two versions of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"....

Brynn Cartelli, Released Nov. 25th: 453,949 Spotify plays

Maelyn, Released Nov. 29th: 12,049 plays after winning the show 6 months earlier, and performing it during the finale. This is the definition of "flop."

My opinion? I like Maelyn's version better.

Maelyn, Released Nov. 29th: 12,049 plays after winning the show 6 months earlier, and performing it during the finale. This is the definition of "flop."

I agree. It's a shame Maelyn doesn't have a famous coach who could aggressively promote her. Oh wait....

I agree. It's a shame Maelyn doesn't have a famous coach who could aggressively promote her. Oh wait....

Sure, that helps, but it doesn’t tell the whole story. Maelyn’s version gained less than 1000 streams overnight, following her performance. She has 70k+ Instagram followers, yet just over 2000 people have found her song on Instagram, despite it being linked in her bio. That’s not good no matter how you spin it. The only positive I see is that the people who have found it listen repeatedly.

Edited by TeamAudra

I have listened to both and agree Maelyn's version is better. I am not a huge Christmas song listener so those songs aren't getting played repeatedly by me. With that being said it's very clear that Brynn has a much better team behind her. Between Kelly and Kelly's husband and all the other people helping her they are doing a much better job than Maelyn's team.

Sure, that helps, but it doesn’t tell the whole story. Maelyn’s version gained less than 1000 streams overnight, following her performance. She has 70k+ Instagram followers, yet just over 2000 people have found her song on Instagram, despite it being linked in her bio. That’s not good no matter how you spin it. The only positive I see is that the people who have found it listen repeatedly.

I dont have IG or spotify so I dont know, but could the name change have anything to do with that or nah? I remember some on here where having trouble finding it a couple weeks back.

I dont have IG or spotify so I dont know, but could the name change have anything to do with that or nah? I remember some on here where having trouble finding it a couple weeks back.

Yes, I think the name change is a huge part of it.

Maelyn's numbers are sad rn, but let's not lose focus on what really matters.

If you're a Maelyn fan or a fan of Alternative Pop in general, check these clips on IG and skip all the covers, focus on the originals. Did you hear a single bad song?

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE...5061804_8711151

I don't. That's why I'm not sad at all.

Whether she makes it or not, it'll depend on a mix of luck + Maelyn herself. Right now she's not in a good spot because we all know RR doesn't care anymore, but that's just out of our hands. :))

And Brynn’s televised performance is only hitting the airwaves today. In my market, it won’t be on until 3-4 pm.

I don't even think Kelly has that much to do with Brynn's streams. Brynns going on the Kelly Clarkson show today but that hasn't even aired yet. I think her streams more have to do with her getting put on Spotify's "New Music Holiday" playlist (likely her label's doing)...although maybe indirectly as im sure Brynns management knows she needs to get on playlists to stand a chance thus push for it.

Edited by XoBrynn

I have listened to both and agree Maelyn's version is better. I am not a huge Christmas song listener so those songs aren't getting played repeatedly by me. With that being said it's very clear that Brynn has a much better team behind her. Between Kelly and Kelly's husband and all the other people helping her they are doing a much better job than Maelyn's team.

Look no further. Chances are RR won't lift a finger for Maelyn, she's basically on her own.

Meanwhile Kelly and Co are the dream team when it comes to aggressive promo. We'll see if Jake gets the same treatment when hubby doesn't sign him.

I don't even think Kelly has that much to do with Brynn's streams. Brynns going on the Kelly Clarkson show today but that hasn't even aired yet. I think her streams more have to do with her getting put on Spotify's "New Music Holiday" playlist (likely her label's doing)...although maybe indirectly as im sure Brynns management knows she needs to get on playlists to stand a chance thus push for it.

Ya think?

Brynn’s version seems like a low budget recording to me, but I wouldn’t expect the label to invest much in a release like this, and I doubt they’re promoting it much, if at all.

From the time she left the show, she has had much stronger streaming numbers than anyone else over the last 8 seasons. It was probably that way when she was on the show, but they don’t share those numbers. She tapped into the segment of the audience that streams. These are not great numbers when compared to successful stars, of course. She still has a loooooong way to go.

Is a name change with winners actually a good idea? I get wanting to get away from the voice stigma but arguably Jordan, Cassadee and Danielle are the most successful winners and none of them have separated their Spotify profiles from their The Voice music. Not criticizing anyone that chooses to do so, just wondering if it does more harm than good?

Brynn’s version seems like a low budget recording to me, but I wouldn’t expect the label to invest much in a release like this, and I doubt they’re promoting it much, if at all.

From the time she left the show, she has had much stronger streaming numbers than anyone else over the last 8 seasons. It was probably that way when she was on the show, but they don’t share those numbers. She tapped into the segment of the audience that streams. These are not great numbers when compared to successful stars, of course. She still has a loooooong way to go.

Right.

As for her streaming numbers, Kelly's street teams are formidable.

Yeah, Kelly is ruthless. Unless you're country, it's dangerous to have a fav on her team. I don't count Brynn bc that season was the equivalent of the Legendary Season. Kelly had to win.

Max for example. She could've guided him into a more popular direction, but instead she decided it was a good idea to turn him into a belter! :wacko: I was right when I felt he'd have been better off with Gwen. He's the type of singer Gwen might have guided with more flair and he could've lasted a little longer.

The truth is, imo, that Max was getting a bit too popular for Kelly's taste, and she did what she had to do to get rid of Max to protect bae and pawn.

I don’t think Unaware was a belter. Sure it wasn’t the best song choice, but I have faith Kelley thought it would work.

Is a name change with winners actually a good idea? I get wanting to get away from the voice stigma but arguably Jordan, Cassadee and Danielle are the most successful winners and none of them have separated their Spotify profiles from their The Voice music. Not criticizing anyone that chooses to do so, just wondering if it does more harm than good?

Maelyn used to be "Maddy Jarmon", but around a year before the show, she changed it to "Maelyn". Then she changed it again to "Maelyn Jarmon" for the show.

She probably never thought that winning was a very real possibility. :haha:

Edited by echoap

Maelyn used to be "Maddy Jarmon", but around a year before the show, she changed it to "Maelyn". Then she changed it again to "Maelyn Jarmon" for the show.

Didn't Noah or Hunter, or both also close their Voice account on Spotify?

I mean I don't think it hurts that much tbh. Those who still follow contestants after the show know where to find them. The others are unlikely to buy/stream their new stuff anyway.

Max for example. She could've guided him into a more popular direction, but instead she decided it was a good idea to turn him into a belter! wacko.gif I was right when I felt he'd have been better off with Gwen. He's the type of singer Gwen might have guided with more flair and he could've lasted a little longer.

Has Max confirmed that he had nothing to do with choosing Unaware? That seems like an awfully random song choice for TPTB (or a coach) to foist on to someone during Dedication week. It seems like a week where the contestants would have more control (although some of them surely had no say after Dedication week).

In fact I thought the song choice was a direct result of Max being clever and deciding to sing whatever he felt like singing and then just pretending his toddler niece/nephew like it - hey, what baby doesn't love Allen Stone? :lol:

Also, it's not really a belter song? Didn't he sing it mainly in falsetto? Maybe it wasn't sentimental enough to connect with the audience during a particularly gloppy week, but I don't think it was a bad song choice for Max. Other contestants survived with less well known songs and songs that were less well-suited to them (and to this show).

I think Max would have stayed and bounced back if he hadn't messed up his IS song.

I mean I don't think it hurts that much tbh. Those who still follow contestants after the show know where to find them. The others are unlikely to buy/stream their new stuff anyway.

Yep, I'd say it's for their own good tbh. Only a few (usually fodder) are allowed to showcase their actual musical direction.

Yep, I'd say it's for their own good tbh. Only a few (usually fodder) are allowed to showcase their actual musical direction.

Yeah. By now all would-be contestants are aware of that. The only benefit to them--since the $100k prize isn't a realistic outcome--is to meet some of the stars, start networking, and hopefully connect enough with their coaches to score some gig here or there.

Noah’s Voice songs are still on his Spotify account with his post-show stuff, as far as I can tell.

Hunter released music, post-show, with his brother, under “Plake,” so that explains that change. His Voice stuff is still on Spotify.

Hunter released music, post-show, with his brother, under “Plake,” so that explains that change. His Voice stuff is still on Spotify.

Ah yes, it was Hunter who released new music under a different account. I remember now.

Ah yes, it was Hunter who released new music under a different account. I remember now.

^Although he's no longer doing the duo with his brother as of a couple months ago, so all of their stuff got moved to "Hunter Plake" again.