The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

25 minutes ago, sneaky said:

I dont think she meant it like that assuming she is good friends with Joshua. I know he's married to a woman but he's not the  evangelical Christian version of a man so I dont think she's that close minded.

Yeah, she probably has no idea. We discovered the real meaning of the song here a few weeks ago lol

I didnt care that there were noticeable pitch issues in Jershikas performance, the emotion was there and she made me feel something. As Kelly once said, "I take passion over perfection anytime." With a song like that, if she sang it perfectly with no emotion whatsoever, it would've been boring. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

She started really shaky and pitchy, likely because of nerves and being there for a second time. But she killed the ending, but the hype for it likely was because everyone was so excited that she was singing Break Every Chain.

As far as her IS performances go, I'll take "What is Love" every day of the week. That one was flawless.

I also noticed how sore she sounded singing it, was she sick?

5 hours ago, Mohammad said:

There is a considerable level of hypocrisy or double standards to be more specific in IDF and this is what I mean , I don’t want to stir up anything but this just really annoys me. Certain IDF users gave low to mediocre scores to other contestants and groups this season especially in the lives for having pitch issues yet these exact same IDF users gave jershika’s semifinals IS performance who had noticeable pitch issues in her performance high scores like a 9,9.5, and a 10,  everyone has their own opinion I know that .I liked that performance by jershika , she was powerful but we can’t deny she had several pitch issues in her performance, I gave her an 7.85 or an 8  i think , she was not awful,  she was really good but there were undeniable pitch issues , her IS performance IMO is not something below a 7/10 but it isn’t something above an 8.75. I get everyone has their favorites but if you are gonna penalize and judge other contestants and groups for pitch issues , you have to do the same with your favorites and that goes to other favorites not Just jershika’s IS performance (Jershika has been one of my faves since the start). So basically my point is regardless of scores or performances if you are gonna penalize another group or contestant for having pitch issues you have to do the same with your favorite too or one of your faves . One of my top 3 fave acts this season is GNT and even I can admit they had pitch issues like their creep performance which I gave a 6/10 I think  ,  their more hearts than mine performance which I gave an 8/10 , even their viva la vida which I gave an 8.5/10 . People on Facebook are entitled to their opinions , if they don’t like the way an AA powerhouse is singing then they don’t like it, I know they are not screaming , they are belting but there were AA powerhouses that sounded shrilled or like they were screaming bloody murder when they belt. A lot of idf users bash and harshly judge an actually good country male vocalist and calling  that specific country artist bad and a snow flake killer , well that is fine that is your opinion but don’t get mad when others In Facebook stating their opinion on a female AA powerhouse that she is screaming , that is their opinion even tho it might be obscure or if we don’t agree with it , it still is  THEIR opinion.  

Welcome to IDF. :haha: Artists that people stan can do no wrong in their eyes. There is certainly a large % of people that stan the AA women and in their eyes none of them can do no wrong. But the same thing applies to other genres as well. We got a large portion that stan the teen girls and think they are all going to be the next Ariana or whatever so it is what it is I guess. Just try to not let it bother you I guess. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mohammad said:

There is a considerable level of hypocrisy or double standards to be more specific in IDF and this is what I mean , I don’t want to stir up anything but this just really annoys me. Certain IDF users gave low to mediocre scores to other contestants and groups this season especially in the lives for having pitch issues yet these exact same IDF users gave jershika’s semifinals IS performance who had noticeable pitch issues in her performance high scores like a 9,9.5, and a 10,  everyone has their own opinion I know that .I liked that performance by jershika , she was powerful but we can’t deny she had several pitch issues in her performance, I gave her an 7.85 or an 8  i think , she was not awful,  she was really good but there were undeniable pitch issues , her IS performance IMO is not something below a 7/10 but it isn’t something above an 8.75. I get everyone has their favorites but if you are gonna penalize and judge other contestants and groups for pitch issues , you have to do the same with your favorites and that goes to other favorites not Just jershika’s IS performance (Jershika has been one of my faves since the start). So basically my point is regardless of scores or performances if you are gonna penalize another group or contestant for having pitch issues you have to do the same with your favorite too or one of your faves . One of my top 3 fave acts this season is GNT and even I can admit they had pitch issues like their creep performance which I gave a 6/10 I think  ,  their more hearts than mine performance which I gave an 8/10 , even their viva la vida which I gave an 8.5/10 . People on Facebook are entitled to their opinions , if they don’t like the way an AA powerhouse is singing then they don’t like it, I know they are not screaming , they are belting but there were AA powerhouses that sounded shrilled or like they were screaming bloody murder when they belt. A lot of idf users bash and harshly judge an actually good country male vocalist and calling  that specific country artist bad and a snow flake killer , well that is fine that is your opinion but don’t get mad when others In Facebook stating their opinion on a female AA powerhouse that she is screaming , that is their opinion even tho it might be obscure or if we don’t agree with it , it still is  THEIR opinion.  

Not sure if I'm among these certain idf users your referring to since my favourite singers tend to be the ones with wide ranges. But I actually agree with you. Especially regarding Jershika, while she sounds very good throughout the majority of her performances. She still had pitch issues and/or poorly executed runs in every performance except her first instant save and semifinal.

That being said, the same can be said for GNT fans overlooking their pitch issues and messy harmonies at points. They've only had 1 pitch perfect live performance which was their semifinal. I still can't wrap my head around anyone thinking Viva La Vida or creep was a good vocal display but to each their own.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

That being said, the same can be said for GNT fans overlooking their pitch issues and messy harmonies at points. They've only had 1 pitch perfect live performance which was their semifinal. I still can't wrap my head around anyone thinking Viva La Vida or creep was a good vocal display but to each their own.

Tell The Tea GIF by Dreezy

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Not sure if I'm among these certain idf users your referring to since my favourite singers tend to be the ones with wide ranges. But I actually agree with you. Especially regarding Jershika, while she sounds very good throughout the majority of her performances. She still had pitch issues and/or poorly executed runs in every performance except her first instant save and semifinal.

I agree that is why I actually gave their performance of creep a 6/10 and their performance of viva la vida an 8.5/10 . They are are my top 2.

The reality of a singing competition is that everyone is going to have off days. Whether they missed a note in lives sang a song that wasn't suited to their voice or whatever the case maybe. Now it's certainly fine to still enjoy these performances because small things here or there isn't a big deal it's fine. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

The reality of a singing competition is that everyone is going to have off days. Whether they missed a note in lives sang a song that wasn't suited to their voice or whatever the case maybe. Now it's certainly fine to still enjoy these performances because small things here or there isn't a big deal it's fine. 

Weeks, for some. But yeah I agree🙂

Edited by Hsamid

23 hours ago, Daillon said:

Just rewatched the Instant Saves to add my scores in the ratings thread, and I have to say, Jershika’s performance was MUCH worse than I remembered. She deserved a PV on Monday so ig it cancels out.

No need to rewatch that, it was a bad performance indeed. Jershika won because she's a popular type of contestant + her previous performances were great enough to give her a pass. 

Imo, she deserved the PV and was a lock for the Finale after "God Only Knows", but for some reason (maybe a more diverse Finale?) TPTB pimped Joshua instead and she got buried with obscure song choices. 

Edited by echoap

GNT is going to win, but they got here but singing mostly old, dated songs. They’ll release some music, and in the short term, I think they’ll have some streaming success. Where do they fit into the actual music industry? Are they a niche artist, or could they actually have mainstream success? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gmm99 said:

I also preferred S20. Had more "inspiring" songs and performances.

Pretty much. 

Bluesy Clapton for Jordan, Stand Up and Freedom for Cam and Victor respectively, which turned out in killer performances for all three.

I love Heartland too, even though Kenzie didnt pull it off, it was nice having it on the show.

We had way too many recycled songs this time around.

I preferred GNT's upbeat performance to their ballad. The first solos from the boys were iffy and Bekah didn't quite hit that last note, but everything else was pretty much on point and the harmonies were still *chef's kiss*. 

Their ballad was pleasant but felt standard for them. I think they fared much better on "The Chain" than "Viva La Vida" in terms of going upbeat.

Edited by FloorWax

22 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

The Chain is my favorite performance from GNT. 

Agreed the chain is actually my fave live performances of them as a whole . While Wichita lineman is my fave GNT performance of the season and my favorite performance of the season.

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1

Now that GNT already won I can say what I wanted to without being attacked by the raging fans of Wendy

Yes, OTR was a vocal masterclass, but I really disliked the tone she gave to the song and the amount of things that were added to a melody that’s meant to have emotion as its focus. OTR and You’re All I Need to Get By were great vocally, but she had a lot to work on in the emotions department and at the choices she made for each of her performances.

11 minutes ago, Weirdoo said:

Now that GNT already won I can say what I wanted to without being attacked by the raging fans of Wendy

Yes, OTR was a vocal masterclass, but I really disliked the tone she gave to the song and the amount of things that were added to a melody that’s meant to have emotion as its focus. OTR and You’re All I Need to Get By were great vocally, but she had a lot to work on in the emotions department and at the choices she made for each of her performances.

This needs to be printed out, put in a frame, and pushed into the face of all of her fans -- on here and elsewhere.

Wendy had a great voice and was clearly talented.  But she sang with little to emotion in every . . . single . . . performance.  It felt like she wasn't connecting to any of the songs.  The few performances of her that I did watch, it felt like she was singing at the audience, not to them.  There was no "there" there.

Still ecstatic that she lost.

• Confused 3