The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

On 12/6/2021 at 7:47 PM, VoiceFan! said:

Battles

Jack > Sabrina - Hear me out. Sabrina was cool, but Jack's tone is so unique. Sabrina sounds like everyone else out there already, and her body language seemed off for a song like Cardigan.

After listening more, I agree. As a fan of Jack, I thought they were equal at first, but listening the past few weeks, I definitely prefer Jack and think he was really robbed. I mean, did Vaughn deserve a comeback over him?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anybody354 said:

After listening more, I agree. As a fan of Jack, I thought they were equal at first, but listening the past few weeks, I definitely prefer Jack and think he was really robbed. I mean, did Vaughn deserve a comeback over him?

Jack >>> Samara

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Kelly had a stacked team. Holly benefitted from going to Ari's mainly because of that team's underwhelming POs night and her being the most minivan appealing there (debatable with J&S but that's another topic lol), while she did ok in comparison. She wouldn't have been able to get past GNT and Hailey in Kelly's, and who knows about Jeremy, considering they were eliminated at the same time.

Remember that Jeremy had more votes than Hailey that round, even though Hailey ended up lasting longer

What killed Jeremy was song choices. He got a Minivan friendly one on POs, and he got PV over a now finalist.

The diva songs didnt help, his CCM one was too tame, he probably should have gone bigger if he was going into the religious route, and of course his T10 one was a bus.

I will say, he did remain vocally consistent most of the time in the lives, so props.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anybody354 said:

Jack’s improvement from his blind was so impressive. He easily beat Sabrina IMO. I get that Kelly and the other coaches were obsessed with Sabrina’s tone, but I honestly didn’t get what was so special about it, Jack had a much more interesting tone anyways.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Jack’s improvement from his blind was so impressive. He easily beat Sabrina IMO. I get that Kelly and the other coaches were obsessed with Sabrina’s tone, but I honestly didn’t get what was so special about it, Jack had a much more interesting tone anyways.

Jack would've just been fodder for Joshua, anyway.  I really think you ought to let that one go.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

If Holly was in Katie's place, I don't think that would've changed anything for Team Kelly's lineup.

Given song choice, I'd think you're correct. I think Gymani > Holly that night (and pretty much every week tbh) and Kelly would've seen that as well. I think at most we could've possibly seen Holly over Hailey for WC but still.

One thing I have learned in the last 2 seasons is that the hypocrisy of society is even represented on a little idolforum blog.

I am not a major country fan, but the hate when Blake has 2 or more, white country singers in the finals is mindblowing. His fanbase is accused of either being racist, being too “minivan”, being too country, being sheep,  being narrow-minded, being  …..whatever…

When Blake’s fanbase votes zero country singers into the finals for 2 seasons in row i.e

one AA R&B male winner followed by (a season later) 2 AA non-country singers into the finals …. 🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

Personally I am beyond delighted this show has exposed me to queen Wendy Moten. She is the only Voice contestant in 10 years that I would travel around the country to watch live. Even more so than ANY of the coaches. I may finally visit the Opry - just to watch her live!

Also, I will miss Ariana!  I became a HUGE fan of her thanks to this show. (But thank the Lord her toxic fans will not be missed.) 

PS: congrats GNT🤗

Edited by MusicMedicine
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MusicMedicine said:

When Blake’s fanbase votes zero country singers into the finals for 2 seasons in row i.e

one AA R&B male winner followed by (a season later) 2 AA non-country singers into the finals …. 🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

What are you trying to achieve here? IDF was nothing but happy when minivan/Blake stans voted Cam and Wendy/Paris through 

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rodney said:

Jack would've just been fodder for Joshua, anyway.  I really think you ought to let that one go.

I think Jack may have been paired with Samuel and put in the second or third taping. I think Samuel would have won, but you never know.

And from a KOs standpoint, pairing Sabrina and Samuel would have made more sense from a genre standpoint.

I don’t know how far Jack would have made it, but I would have wanted to hear more performances from him. At least he has released music and some covers on his Insta, TikTok, and YT.

Edited by Anybody354
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MusicMedicine said:

One thing I have learned in the last 2 seasons is that the hypocrisy of society is even represented on a little idolforum blog.

I am not a major country fan, but the hate when Blake has 2 or more, white country singers in the finals is mindblowing. His fanbase is accused of either being racist, being too “minivan”, being too country, being sheep,  being narrow-minded, being  …..whatever…

My main issue is lack of diversity. We see too many of the same kinds of artists make it far on this show: teens, country males, and AA powerhouses. AA powerhouses frequently get robbed, but they still make it decently far. I want more diversity on this show. That’s why artists like Libianca, Jack, David, Samuel, and Raquel excited me. They are different.

• Like 1

Despite the shameless bus attempt, I think that in everything after 0:50, Shadale sounded AMAZING and gave easily one of the best live vocal performances we've heard this season. Her runs were flawless, her strong notes landed perfectly... It was honestly a great moment for Shadale, and I think she deserved to get saved over Gymani that week, despite Gymani also performing very well. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ikwonic said:

Despite the shameless bus attempt, I think that in everything after 0:50, Shadale sounded AMAZING and gave easily one of the best live vocal performances we've heard this season. Her runs were flawless, her strong notes landed perfectly... It was honestly a great moment for Shadale, and I think she deserved to get saved over Gymani that week, despite Gymani also performing very well. 

I wouldn't go as far to say she deserved the save over Gymani.. but this is probably the best she's sounded live. Better than I remember.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ikwonic said:

When I watched it live, I also preferred her over Gymani and thought she deserved the save more. I actually thought Gymani's was a bit oversung, but it did grow on me eventually.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ikwonic said:

yeah... 100% with you. I actually prefer this to her KO, which was amazing as well. 

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Alright, we're going for Hailey opinions.

I preferred "Traitor" to "Jar of Hearts". 

Same. Although I do think "Jar of Hearts" was more impressive and impactful considering how many expected her to crumble under pressure during the lives. She kept her cool and delivered a great IS, taking down a couple of strong competitors a few minutes after she was sobbing backstage for being in that position. 

• Like 1