The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Battles

Jack > Sabrina - Hear me out. Sabrina was cool, but Jack's tone is so unique. Sabrina sounds like everyone else out there already, and her body language seemed off for a song like Cardigan.

Parker > TCS - Parker killed it, especially in her solo moments. She deserved a steal!
Vaughn > Katherine - Not sure why Katherine got picked here. Vaughn is just amazing!

Knockouts

Katie > Raquel - Katie's ability to emote is just amazing. I felt what she was trying to say through the song she picked.

Katherine > Bella (this one is probably really unpopular but I feel like Katherine would be able to deliver live) - Bella was off. Katherine was too, but it was just song choice. Any other song in her comfort level - she would've won.

David > Ryleigh - David was so good HOW DO YOU NOT PICK HIM AFTER THAT?

And honestly after rewatching and rewatching and rewatching the knockout...

Holly > GNT - This is probably really unpopular. GNT had my favorite KO like a week ago. But after listening to the video again and again and again, there's something about Holly that we just can't ignore. Her dynamics, her connection to the song, her vocals, her delivery. Both of their performances screamed WINNER (which is ironic because one of them is technically losing the knockout), but Holly's just amazing at her comfort level. Strategically speaking, I'd pick GNT tho but Holly has my heart! It's a shame Kelly let her go, I feel like she would've thrived in the lives with the right song choices (which Ariana didn't provide her with). 

Picking GNT was strategic but honestly, Holly KILLED IT and she was under shadowed by them. If she was paired WITH ANYONE ELSE ON TEAM KELLY, she'd win by a landslide

On 12/7/2021 at 3:47 AM, VoiceFan! said:

Battles

Jack > Sabrina - Hear me out. Sabrina was cool, but Jack's tone is so unique. Sabrina sounds like everyone else out there already, and her body language seemed off for a song like Cardigan.

Parker > TCS - Parker killed it, especially in her solo moments. She deserved a steal!
Vaughn > Katherine - Not sure why Katherine got picked here. Vaughn is just amazing!

Knockouts

Katie > Raquel - Katie's ability to emote is just amazing. I felt what she was trying to say through the song she picked.

Katherine > Bella (this one is probably really unpopular but I feel like Katherine would be able to deliver live) - Bella was off. Katherine was too, but it was just song choice. Any other song in her comfort level - she would've won.

Holly > GNT - This is probably really unpopular. GNT had my favorite KO like a week ago. But after listening to the video again and again and again, there's something about Holly that we just can't ignore. Her dynamics, her connection to the song, her vocals, her delivery. Both of their performances screamed WINNER (which is ironic because one of them is technically losing the knockout), but Holly's just amazing at her comfort level. Strategically speaking, I'd pick GNT tho but Holly has my heart! It's a shame Kelly let her go, I feel like she would've thrived in the lives with the right song choices (which Ariana didn't provide her with). 

Picking GNT was strategic but honestly, Holly KILLED IT and she was under shadowed by them. If she was paired WITH ANYONE ELSE ON TEAM KELLY, she'd win by a landslide

IDK what Kelly was thinking pairing both of them together, Holly should have been against Jeremy they are the most similar IMO, Holly and Jermey are great but I wonder what Holly’s live run could have been with Kelly as her coach 

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VoiceFan! said:

Battles

I agree with all of these :ph34rwave:

15 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Holly > GNT - This is probably really unpopular. GNT had my favorite KO like a week ago. But after listening to the video again and again and again, there's something about Holly that we just can't ignore.

This

10 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

https://twitter.com/buterapetitte/status/1468027628489621504?s=20

That she was ready to let Holly go.  Kelly knew before IDF . . .

Seriously why not keep all her strong contenders, well atleast the great thing about Kelly is she pairs 2 artist on a similar level for an even playing field knowing a steal is most likely going to happen but still , Holly>Jermey for me personally even tho both are great.

Edited by Mohammad

9 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Seriously why not keep all her strong contenders, well atleast the great thing about Kelly is she pairs 2 artist on a similar level for an even playing field knowing a steal is most likely going to happen but still , Holly>Jermey and it ain’t even close.

I don’t know how you can come to this conclusion. Not only did they get eliminated in the same week, but I would argue Jeremy had the better run. Plus Kelly is likely going have two finalists, including the winner. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t know how you can come to this conclusion. Not only did they get eliminated in the same week, but I would argue Jeremy had the better run. Plus Kelly is likely going have two finalists, including the winner. 

Jeremy was definitely more consistent in the lives.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, British Man said:

I have a feeling y'all ain't going to like this one

Sasha >>>> Joshua (from GNT)

Honestly, Joshua hasn't showcased enough on the show for us to fairly judge his singing ability comparing to someone like Sasha. I can see them giving the same level of performance though if they were to compete as soloists. However, in a group setting, I don't think Sasha can harmonize as well as Joshua does.

• Like 2

I feel as if Paris actually did not deserve a finale spot. He is very talented, but I thought his T13-T10 performances were just okay for him. I could have said Wendy, but her pre-lives and T10/T8 did more for her than Paris's run did. If anyone is robbing Jershika/Joshua of a spot, it's definitely him. 

Also, Kelly's comments after Joshua's IS performance about him doing musical theater were on the dot. Literally from the start, I was thinking, why exactly is he on this show when his vocal talent is definitely better off anywhere else?

Edited by Rat!

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

You have a point ,  but then again we don’t know what hat Holly’s run would have been with Kelly , last dance was a horrible song choice that I think Ariana gave her , so we never know what song Kelly could have given her . Jermey did have a slightly better live run overall , Holly most definitely had the better pre-lives run  , again we don’t know how things could turned out with Kelly as Holly’s coach in the lives. Both Jermey and Holly are great vocalists with bright futures.

Just now, Mohammad said:

You have a point ,  but then again we don’t know what hat Holly’s run would have been with Kelly

Kelly had a stacked team. Holly benefitted from going to Ari's mainly because of that team's underwhelming POs night and her being the most minivan appealing there (debatable with J&S but that's another topic lol), while she did ok in comparison. She wouldn't have been able to get past GNT and Hailey in Kelly's, and who knows about Jeremy, considering they were eliminated at the same time.

i am glad hailey went to kelly team because kelly team was stacked and considering the situation she easily could have been a battle elimination. i think kelly seeing hailey in the battle and stealing her put her in a new light and was a real benefit for her and the audience as well and the rest was history

• Like 2

So I know no one from this show becomes a big star but I would not be surprised if Sasha finds the most solo success in the music industry. He's not the best vocalist but he has the charisma and the IDGAF attitude that pop/rock music looks for. I wonder if Jim could co write/produce a produce for him..

Just now, sneaky said:

So I know no one from this show becomes a big star but I would not be surprised if Sasha finds the most solo success in the music industry. He's not the best vocalist but he has the charisma and the IDGAF attitude that pop/rock music looks for. I wonder if Jim could co write/produce a produce for him..

he seems like a great storyteller considering he loves taylor swift and has fanbase (even though that doesnt seem like it on twitter) if he plays his cards right and with the help of ariana, i could see mild success

39 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

i am glad hailey went to kelly team because kelly team was stacked and considering the situation she easily could have been a battle elimination. i think kelly seeing hailey in the battle and stealing her put her in a new light and was a real benefit for her and the audience as well and the rest was history

Kelly spotted it right away. I still can’t believe Ariana whiffed on that.