• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

Brooke Stephenson was the most robbed artist this season tbh.

Not Lauren Hall?

Sometimes, I get the impression these comments are purely for shock value. It’s sort of what xfactor does. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. We all have our quirks.

Not Lauren Hall?

Sometimes, I get the impression these comments are purely for shock value. It’s sort of what xfactor does. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. We all have our quirks.

Excuse me, but my comments are very real, and not for shock value. And if you want to talk about me, at least quote me, instead of posting and hoping the post will be one I won’t see!

Not Lauren Hall?

Lol of course not.

Lauren was great of course, but Brooke didn't even get a chance to shine.

Excuse me, but my comments are very real, and not for shock value. And if you want to talk about me, at least quote me, instead of posting and hoping the post will be one I won’t see!

If I quote you, how does that make it more likely that you’ll see it? Is there a notification feature that I’m not aware of?

Nah, the thing they wanted badly was all four coaches in the finale. Carson mentioned that several times. They also obviously wanted to prevent Gwen from being humiliated by being locked out of the finale once again.

Beyond that, I don’t think they really cared.

I don’t agree that they didn’t care. There is no doubt that Katie did not get the same prime spots as the other 3 contestants in the past 4-5 weeks. That is always done to hurt a contestant. Also, there is no way one would think that the soft ballad Katie would sing would be a soft rock (that only charted bc it was Katie and she can slay the phone book). In what planet has she sung soft rock on this show? When they want to help a singer, they give them prime charting songs like they gave Ricky “Let it Be,” or Jake “Desperado.” And of all the Finale Originals, you think its a fluke Ricky got the best song? No I’m sorry, I’m not a conspiracy nut, but I can see evidence when it is presented and see the facts unfold as they did. The fact that many of us were thinking Katie would no longer win in the past week based on songs and show slots is further confirmation (and the corresponding outcome) that this is what was planned by TPTB.

It would explain a lot. Like why Blake came up with a lame excuse to explain why he didn't turn for Jake (he's turned for much worse), why nobody else turned, why Blake got rid of all of his country artists one way or the other, why he waited for the semis to finally give Ricky a competition-friendly song, why Katie got songs that would invariably make people call her screamer, why she never got the pimp spot after the POs, why she opened twice, why the wtf covers in the finals for Katie and Ricky. Meanwhile Jake was getting competition-friendly songs the whole time and racking up bonuses. The votes showed Rose was no threat, so a second pimp spot couldn't hurt. Did I forget anything?

Wow, I couldn’t have said it better myself!! Well said! :thumbs::thumbs:

Imo, Brooke picked the wrong coach. Blake literally offered her the Finale, but she did reject his offer.

For some reason that defies normal human behavior, Kelly hates singer-songwriter types. Remember that she would've eliminated Maelyn before the playoffs last season.

Team Kelly is very powerful and, therefore, very tempting; but I would think twice before leaving my fate in Kelly's lovely but particularly selective hands.

Edited by echoap

Imo, Brooke picked the wrong coach. Blake literally offered her the Finale, but she did reject his offer.

For some reason that defies normal human behavior, Kelly hates singer-songwriter types. Remember that she would've eliminated Maelyn before the playoffs last season.

Team Kelly is very powerful and, therefore, very tempting; but I would think twice before leaving my fate in Kelly's lovely but particularly selective hands.

Here’s what I think Kelly does.....she assembles her team and decides very early on who she thinks she can win with....her TCO. So far, she’s been right 3 out of 4 times, with Jej being her miss. Other than a couple other sentimental favorites (D.R. King, Kymberli) the rest are just extreme fodder to her. Remember the pissed off look on her face when Sarah Grace got the PV in the PO? She knows what she’s doing. EDIT: Hello Sunday was this season’s sentimental favorite. She knew they didn’t have a shot. She basically took a hatchet to her entire team to protect them and Jake.

Edited by TeamAudra

Here’s what I think Kelly does.....she assembles her team and decides very early on who she thinks she can win with....her TCO. So far, she’s been right 3 out of 4 times, with Jej being her miss. Other than a couple other sentimental favorites (D.R. King, Kymberli) the rest are just extreme fodder to her. Remember the pissed off look on her face when Sarah Grace got the PV in the PO? She knows what she’s doing. EDIT: Hello Sunday was this season’s sentimental favorite. She knew they didn’t have a shot. She basically took a hatchet to her entire team to protect them and Jake.

I've noticed this too, she's super strategic and tbh as long as she keeps those sentimental favorites she's good for me as my chosen ones never win or are far from being the typical right away front runner

Edited by fredcr123

I agree that Kelly is a very biased coach. However I think that, unlike Blake, she's clueless about what works and what doesn't; she just happens to like country, which I suspect is a very popular genre among the viewers. :haha:.

From what I've seen, Kelly genuinely thinks that every powerhouse has a chance to win the show. Of all her saves, 4 out of 4 have been big voiced vocalists with strong gospel/soul influences. (Btw, Of all those saves, only the diva madet it all the way to semis :P)

Other than these details, I mostly agree. Kelly is a biased and very emotional coach.

I agree that Kelly is a very biased coach. However I think that, unlike Blake, she's clueless about what works and what doesn't; she just happens to like country, which I suspect is a very popular genre among the viewers. :haha:.

From what I've seen, Kelly genuinely thinks that every powerhouse has a chance to win the show. Of all her saves, 4 out of 4 have been big voiced vocalists with strong gospel/soul influences. (Btw, Of all those saves, only the diva madet it all the way to semis :P)

Other than these details, I mostly agree. Kelly is a biased and very emotional coach.

I don't think she thought any of those 4 would win the show. She has a clear TCO and a D.R. King, pretty much every season. I think she legitimately thought Kymberli had a shot at the finale, though.

Her song choices for country singers are pretty good. For everyone else, it's a mixed bag. She grew up a country fan, and evolved into a pop star. She clearly is more in tune with what the country audience likes.

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

I took a listen to her audition again (I'd only listened to it once when it aired and never cared for it again).

Turns out her voice is really lovely. It's on her for choosing Kelly instead of Blake though. I'm not sure if she could've gone too far with Blake just because his team became relatively competitive towards KO's.

I think she may have even had a shot to last another few rounds on Team Gwen. She self-identified as Americana, not country - so there could've been some interesting work there. She could've been paired with Kyndal, Brennen, or Kiara and it would've been a much more fair battle. If she'd lost at least it would've been a fair fight, unlike Damali.

For some reason that defies normal human behavior, Kelly hates singer-songwriter types.Remember that she would've eliminated Maelyn before the playoffs last season.

Yeah, I can not, for the life of me, reconcile that part of her personality. She was outwardly hostile to Maelyn. I guess that's Kelly getting her "Darkside" on. Despite the bubbly exterior, she definitely has a cold place in some part of her heart. I know we all do but that hers is sooo obvious was a surprise.

Yeah, I can not, for the life of me, reconcile that part of her personality. She was outwardly hostile to Maelyn. I guess that's Kelly getting her "Darkside" on. Despite the bubbly exterior, she definitely has a cold place in some part of her heart. I know we all do but that hers is sooo obvious was a surprise.

Its always the bubbly ones with the darkest side. She's also jealous that Maelyn could outsing her any day of the week 24/7.

If Maelyn really wanted to, she could have belted EVERYTHING and give ALL the SOUL in the universe to shatter modern day "singers"

But alas... Maelyn isn't like that, and prefers a more restraint route, with a storytelling journey through her vocals.

I have to take something back here. She didn’t even save Hello Sunday in the PO. She saved Shane. HS had to win the wildcard. Shane was her sentimental favorite. She bet all of her chips on Jake from the beginning, and got rid of any possible threats. It worked!

Its always the bubbly ones with the darkest side. She's also jealous that Maelyn could outsing her any day of the week 24/7.

If Maelyn really wanted to, she could have belted EVERYTHING and give ALL the SOUL in the universe to shatter modern day "singers"

But alas... Maelyn isn't like that, and prefers a more restraint route, with a storytelling journey through her vocals.

somehow i doubt freakin Kelly Clarkson, the biggest pop star ever to come from a singing competition show, is jealous of someone who hasnt even made it yet. :huh: i like maelyn but come on :lol:

Until I see Maelyn sing old school hard rock, Heart, old school Aretha, Post Malone, and Ave Maria--- no

Edited by sneaky

:huh:

I don't think it's that dark. IMO, Kelly simply can't live in a world in which a singer doesn't use every single technique available, which is weird considering that she's not known for being an oversinger.

Do you like original arrangements or an storytelling focused performance? Kelly be like: "F**k this! Where's the range? Where are the Ad-libs? NEEEEXT" :haha:.

I don't think she thought any of those 4 would win the show. She has a clear TCO and a D.R. King, pretty much every season. I think she legitimately thought Kymberli had a shot at the finale, though.

Her song choices for country singers are pretty good. For everyone else, it's a mixed bag. She grew up a country fan, and evolved into a pop star. She clearly is more in tune with what the country audience likes.

Fair enough. If you're on team Kelly, you better be TCO, country or a big voiced singer. Otherwise, you are fodder.

Until I see Maelyn sing old school hard rock, Heart, old school Aretha, Post Malone, and Ave Maria--- no

I'm sure Maelyn can manage to make these songs work, but she doesn't the rasp to be perfect in a few cases.

That said, you all Kelly fans know very well how awesome she is. Please don't be offended by a particular opinion, there's no need for pointless comparisons. They're both amazing singers, imo.

Fair enough. If you're on team Kelly, you better be TCO, country or a big voiced singer. Otherwise, you are fodder.

Yeah, Kelly is ruthless. Unless you're country, it's dangerous to have a fav on her team. I don't count Brynn bc that season was the equivalent of the Legendary Season. Kelly had to win.

Max for example. She could've guided him into a more popular direction, but instead she decided it was a good idea to turn him into a belter! :wacko: I was right when I felt he'd have been better off with Gwen. He's the type of singer Gwen might have guided with more flair and he could've lasted a little longer.

The truth is, imo, that Max was getting a bit too popular for Kelly's taste, and she did what she had to do to get rid of Max to protect bae and pawn.