The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

4 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Okay this is ridiculously random 😭 … I know Selena Gomez isn’t like … a very good live singer LOL … but I would really like her as a coach at some point. She just seems like she would fit so well and I think she would do really well. 

According to Ellie Lawrence, she was terrible as an advisor.  I can't see her being a good coach.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Would she be worse than Shakira or Ariana, though?

Yes LOL. Both of them can outsing and outperform her. She has her roots as an actress before she is a musical artist.

Edited by Rat!
  • Like 2

Just now, CocoaPuffs said:

Why would Ellie say that? Selena is literally the sweetest and is very hard working. She looked like she did pretty well from what I saw. 

She didn't offer anything useful.  She pretty much just nodded and agreed with everything that Gwen said.  Ellie said that, and many other Team Gwen members from that season backed her up on that.

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

She didn't offer anything useful.  She pretty much just nodded and agreed with everything that Gwen said.  Ellie said that, and many other Team Gwen members from that season backed her up on that.

I can see that. Jeffery Austin has admitted many times how much of a mess his battle was

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I live for Queen Ellie throwing shade to untalented celebrities  :giggle: 

Okay well calling her untalented is just a lie😭… she’s a successful singer, actress, producer, and much more … and been working her butt off since she was a child… just saying

• Like 1

I haven't been here for a while (like, I missed the last season lol), so forgive me if some of these are actually popular or have already been stated.

• I absolutely love GNT's female singer. But the male singers really don't do it for me unless they're harmonizing with her.
  • As much as I dislike Jim & Sasha's performances, they're so adorable.
  • Gymani was one of the most talented singers who has been on the show in a really, really, really long time.
  • I really want to like Lana. Something's not connecting for me.
  • Joshua is one of the best singers who has been on the show, but he also isn't connecting with me. He's SO GOOD, but I feel nothing when he sings.
  • Like 1

The show hasn't had an actual moment since S13 (Total Eclipse of the Heart) and I think people who kept watching the show didn't notice the drastic decline in the quality of the artists who have been auditioning since then, which I blame on the show no longer being able to pretend that the people who make it far (or win) have any shot at making it in the industry. I'm not gonna pretend the shows were good back then, The Voice rarely had a season where the quality of most acts was consistent (S5, 8 and 10 being the closest), but there used to be moments here and there that would remind us that the show could still deliver.

Nowadays, I feel like people just take any performance that's not awful as a moment, because they want to clinge onto their hopes that the show is "getting good" again, but things like some comments here, polls of "who sung it best" where the winner is usually the most recent artist, or even Charlie Mason's random-ass grades makes me wonder if people have any idea of what an actual moment is supposed to be. For what it's worth, I respect anyone who's admittely biased by recent seasons, and I don't take Charlie seriously at all, but I think his A+ grade to Joshua Vacanti last night made me wonder if that person knows what an A+ performance is supposed to sound like.

• Confused 1

Sometimes I miss Adam Levine as a coach, at least before he completely lost interest in the show. I mean he's horrible in general, but when a contestant like Connor Christian came on the show and his best choice was Blake just feels...wrong. Ideally Gwen would be like something in that direction, but in reality she just gets obsessed with very young boys.

I don't even know if I make any sense, and I genuinely hated him as a coach for the most part during his time on the show. But sometimes I do miss him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Weirdoo said:

The show hasn't had an actual moment since S13 (Total Eclipse of the Heart)

Isn't it the truth🤭 In fact the show quality really went downhill after S13 with the messy production and no pre-live studio. But what can you do. These days I'm just watching for fresher song choices.

27 minutes ago, Bouli said:

I haven't been here for a while (like, I missed the last season lol), so forgive me if some of these are actually popular or have already been stated.

• I absolutely love GNT's female singer. But the male singers really don't do it for me unless they're harmonizing with her.
  • Gymani was one of the most talented singers who has been on the show in a really, really, really long time.
  • Joshua is one of the best singers who has been on the show, but he also isn't connecting with me. He's SO GOOD, but I feel nothing when he sings.

1. I get what you are saying, honestly, and in fact, i sort of agree. (But they work perfectly as a trio, imo👌)

2. Yes! Their father-son bond is so pure, i love it. 🥺 

3. She is really talented but there have been a lot of talent on this show, so i wouldn't go that far (but i completely respect your opinion)  

4. That's fine, everyone have their tastes, so it's fine if she is not everyone's cup of tea. 

5. The same as the last point. He is not everyone's cup of tea and there is nothing wrong with that 👍

41 minutes ago, Bouli said:

i’m happy to see you posting again!! i absolutely love Gymani🥰 she’s been one of my favorites this season and i’m crushed that she went home last week😭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

I mean, Rose Short and “God’s Country” says hi, but I get where you’re coming from.

Wouldn't really call that a moment as much as I consider it one of the good performances of recent years, since it didn't put her anywhere else she already wasn't before. She didn't get the Apple Music bonus, was still middle 3 the next round, and had to be instant saved only to get 4th place. 

7 hours ago, Weirdoo said:

The show hasn't had an actual moment since S13 (Total Eclipse of the Heart) and I think people who kept watching the show didn't notice the drastic decline in the quality of the artists who have been auditioning since then, which I blame on the show no longer being able to pretend that the people who make it far (or win) have any shot at making it in the industry. I'm not gonna pretend the shows were good back then, The Voice rarely had a season where the quality of most acts was consistent (S5, 8 and 10 being the closest), but there used to be moments here and there that would remind us that the show could still deliver.

Nowadays, I feel like people just take any performance that's not awful as a moment, because they want to clinge onto their hopes that the show is "getting good" again, but things like some comments here, polls of "who sung it best" where the winner is usually the most recent artist, or even Charlie Mason's random-ass grades makes me wonder if people have any idea of what an actual moment is supposed to be. For what it's worth, I respect anyone who's admittely biased by recent seasons, and I don't take Charlie seriously at all, but I think his A+ grade to Joshua Vacanti last night made me wonder if that person knows what an A+ performance is supposed to sound like.

I think of this from time to time and I’m still not sure if it’s me being extremely biased towards the earlier seasons or if there’s actually a decline in talent. 

Maybe the lack of diversity in the voting audience (it was bad before but it’s even worse now that the show has decreased in popularity) leaves no room for underdog runs, and therefore no room for moments?

16 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I think of this from time to time and I’m still not sure if it’s me being extremely biased towards the earlier seasons or if there’s actually a decline in talent. 

Maybe the lack of diversity in the voting audience (it was bad before but it’s even worse now that the show has decreased in popularity) leaves no room for underdog runs, and therefore no room for moments?

I didnt really start watching consistently until after the first Idol ended. But I think whatever top 5 we have this season is going to be head and shoulders above last season. Cam was really the only one that I felt did anything to deserve the finale. This year all but two I would say deserve it. And I quite enjoy one of the two acts that probably doesnt.

8 hours ago, Weirdoo said:

I agree that Joshua didn't deserve A+ but the first and third performances that you've posted didn't either. IMO(especially third)

15 minutes ago, sneaky said:

I didnt really start watching consistently until after the first Idol ended. But I think whatever top 5 we have this season is going to be head and shoulders above last season. Cam was really the only one that I felt did anything to deserve the finale. This year all but two I would say deserve it. And I quite enjoy one of the two acts that probably doesnt.

Oh I completely agree. I enjoyed S20 as a whole (if I ignore the awful format ofc) but the finale was terrible.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1