The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

I'm in love with Girl Named Tom and I think they're the most interesting act since the golden days of the show. They remind me of what I hoped Andi & Alex would be, and I'm really hoping they win this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weirdoo said:

I'm in love with Girl Named Tom and I think they're the most interesting act since the golden days of the show. They remind me of what I hoped Andi & Alex would be, and I'm really hoping they win this season.

No need to hope, they're going to win this season.

In the live discussion thread people didn't seem to like Gymani's top 11 instant save performance.

Despite a few rough patches, i thought she did good. Especially the belting. That's the most power anyone has brought in the lives so far.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

In the live discussion thread people didn't seem to like Gymani's top 11 instant save performance.

Despite a few rough patches, i thought she did good. Especially the belting. That's the most power anyone's brought in the lives so far.

Who tf gave her that song bc im 100% sure that was NOT her doing

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Despite a few rough patches, i thought she did good. Especially the belting. That's the most power anyone has brought in the lives so far.

why do people gas Gymani up like this while simultaneously ignoring Jershika's existence 

7 minutes ago, Rat! said:

why do people gas Gymani up like this while simultaneously ignoring Jershika's existence 

Are Gymani and Jershika that similar? I can see the Wendy and Jershika comparisons, but Gymani's voice is really different IMO. 

18 minutes ago, Rat! said:

If anything it's a good thing Jershika is rarely mentioned here.

This is an unpopular opinions thread, if I wanted to bring Jershika into this this It would be a negative opinion, since the general consensus on here is that all her performances have been at the very least, good, which is a sentiment I agree with.

Gymani's top 11 instant save performance wasn't well received on here and that's why I brought it up.

Edited by Hsamid

10 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Are Gymani and Jershika that similar? I can see the Wendy and Jershika comparisons, but Gymani's voice is really different IMO. 

None of them warrant a comparison, I'm moreso referring to the large amount of praise for Gymani (who has had her moments) for her vocals while there are simply better and more consistent vocalists still in the competition 

20 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Actually, I liked it much more than her Top 13 Instant Save performance 

Edited by British Man

I would suppose this isn't that unpop but I refuse to hunt down the general discussion thread from the depths. I just want another female country artist to be a frontrunner on this show. Need a refresh since it's been almost 10 seasons since Lauren. 

Just now, Rat! said:

I would suppose this isn't that unpop but I refuse to hunt down the general discussion thread from the depths. I just want another female country artist to be a frontrunner on this show. Need a refresh since it's been almost 10 seasons since Lauren. 

There was Chevel S15 I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

There was Chevel S15 I guess.

I literally had a first draft of this that mentioned Chevel and I blanked. Oops. She's not my type of country, especially in comparison to Lauren, but she was exceptional in that time. Still, a big gap of time since!

Edited by Rat!

6 hours ago, British Man said:

Actually, I liked it much more than her Top 13 Instant Save performance 

I think I might also prefer her latest IS. Even though that performance was more vocally sound throughout, I'm not too fond of the scatting she did near the end.

To me they are around the same level of performance though.

Edited by Hsamid

On 11/23/2021 at 10:52 PM, Rat! said:

Jershika has a lot of power and good tone but from what I've seen her range is limited. She struggles with notes that are are not even very high

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

What? A lot of people seem to forget that range includes low notes too.

Exactly jershika’s range is wide and she can go high , i think he/she meant that we upper-belts are somewhat limited and I don’t see/hear that because she does go pretty high and so damn low. she is an insane vocal technician with a very wide range

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1

More unpopular s21 opinions..

Ryleigh Plank's best performance was her audition.

Gymani's top 13 performance is the best she's been live. It's her 2nd best right after pov. She didn't miss a single note, her runs were well executed and perfectly placed, the belting at the end felt earned and emotional. Unfortunately the band drowns her out sometimes.

Even though I like Hailey and GNT's best performances more, I think Jeremy has been more consistent than either of them.

Paris battle > his ko and blind.

GNT had the worst team kelly performance twice now during the lives. (Playoffs and Top 11). The performances themselves were alright though. 

Edited by Hsamid