Jump to content

The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2


istersay
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, British Man said:

The Cunningham Sisters is the only group that benefits from being a group

 

All the other groups would just as good (if not better) if you made one of them a solo artist

 

 

Weird, I feel the opposite.

 

Of all the groups, the Cunningham Sisters are the strongest individual vocalists imo.

 

I think GMT benefit the most from being a group.

 

I'm not really sure which one of our opinions is the unpopular one tho lol.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, British Man said:

The Cunningham Sisters is the only group that benefits from being a group

 

All the other groups would just as good (if not better) if you made one of them a solo artist

Heavily disagree with that. In fact, I think the sisters are individually stronger. Macie's got a sweet pop/R&B style with very well placed high notes, Marie is basically a baby Lauren Daigle at only 14.  And they both have a level of confidence that a lot of more seasoned singers lack. 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by echoap
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Weird, I feel the opposite.

 

Of all the groups, the Cunningham Sisters are the strongest individual vocalists imo.

 

I think GMT benefit the most from being a group.

Heavily agree with this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, British Man said:

The Cunningham Sisters is the only group that benefits from being a group

 

All the other groups would just as good (if not better) if you made one of them a solo artist

Gotta disagree here in regards to GNT. They work as a three headed monster, even if all three are solid vocalists on their own right that can easily step up when needed, it all comes back to the tight harmonies.

 

I do agree in regards of KCK3. The girl that first sang in their battle is the standout in my opinion, and I feel she would open up more as a solo artist than in a group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Who is the Cunningham that wears glasses? I think she's really strong as a vocalist and has an incredible tone. I would've liked her solo.

Marie. Very distinctive sound indeed.

 

I mixed up the names 😆. Just edited my post btw

Edited by echoap
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, B-B said:

Samuel and KJ’s battle was better than both of their blinds

I saw your profile photo in this thread and i was expecting something more controversial, considering you are very honest with your opinions, no matter if they are negative :haha: (Don't take this as an offense, please. I genuinely think it's cool that you are not afraid to speak your mind out) 

 

With that said, i agree with KJ, she was, in my opinion, better in her battle than in her blind. But, on the other hand, i think Samuel's song choice in the blinds let him actually shine more, considering it's a song actually in his lane, where he slayed the emotional aspect of it, while his battle song was a song totally out of his wheelhouse and didn't let showcase all his talent and connect emotionally, (he still did great though)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually preferred Wyatt in the battle montage snippet :ph34rwave: then again out of all of the montages, "Sunny" and "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" were the two that I felt less intrigued about and didn't really feel the need to see the whole thing. Holly is still great tho

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I saw your profile photo in this thread and i was expecting something more controversial, considering you are very honest with your opinions, no matter if they are negative :haha: (Don't take this as an offense, please. I genuinely think it's cool that you are not afraid to speak your mind out) 

 

With that said, i agree with KJ, she was, in my opinion, better in her battle than in her blind. But, on the other hand, i think Samuel's song choice in the blinds let him actually shine more, considering it's a song actually in his lane, where he slayed the emotional aspect of it, while his battle song was a song totally out of his wheelhouse and didn't let showcase all his talent and connect emotionally, (he still did great though)

Agreed.

 

Samuel's blind >>>>>> his battle, but KJ's battle performance >>>>>> her blind.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I actually preferred Wyatt in the battle montage snippet :ph34rwave: then again out of all of the montages, "Sunny" and "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" were the two that I felt less intrigued about and didn't really feel the need to see the whole thing. Holly is still great tho

yes! but I really wanted to hear the full performance just for Wyatt, his voice is beautiful

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2021 at 4:42 AM, starkguy said:

I think the reason TPTB are not overhyping Ariana and her playoffs team (like they're supposed to) is because they're afraid the Arianators gonna take over the live shows? which would seem unfair to other teams ofc.

 

On 10/6/2021 at 4:59 AM, FloorWax said:

Why would they be afraid of that? In fact, I'm pretty sure they would want that because it would be proof of them attracting a younger audience. Wasn't that the point of them getting Ari in the first place?

That would be kind of rich if they're afraid of that, given how much the Blakers have more or less taken over the show, and they've still done nothing about it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, starkguy said:

Yeah I also don't know why I forgot about the country voters/Blakers having their way in most of the seasons of this show 😅

. . . Kind of put the post of mine that you quoted in another thread.😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

. . . Kind of put the post of mine that you quoted in another thread.😜

I'm just intrigued of Ari stans voting power. Idk maybe bcoz my top 2 this season is on her team? and I'd be happy if one of them wins

Edited by starkguy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gymani is great but I feel like it’ll be rly hard for her to match the level of her audition (her audition was probs my favorite this season tied with wendy)

 

Hailey Green > Katie steal-wise. Also Yes LiBianca is good, but I would much rather LISTEN to Hailey.

 

Raquel was just meh. It’s “The Voice”, not “the style” or “the dance moves” or “the fit”. She needs to control her voice a bit better like how she did in the battles (her best imo).


I didn’t really like Holly’s KO. I expected MUCH more, and I have no interest in listening to it again. Yes it was vocally impressive, but it wasn’t captivating.


I think Jeremy has finale potential. He’s got that Corey Ward rasp and Joseph Soul runs and Victor Soloman’s power. Super great performances so far, can’t wait to see his KO.

 

Carolina A was ROBBED! So was Parker >>> TCS. Also how’d they get the audition pimp spot like bella deserved that.

 

Joshua shocked me the most from blinds to KO’s. I mean he gave a finale performance.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Gymani is great but I feel like it’ll be rly hard for her to match the level of her audition (her audition was probs my favorite this season tied with wendy)

 

Hailey Green > Katie steal-wise.

 

4 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

 

Raquel was just meh. It’s “The Voice”, not “the style” or “the dance moves” or “the fit”. She needs to control her voice a bit better

 

Agree with these. After rewatching Raquel's, I realized it was kinda messy. It doesn't matter how many cool runs she did, most of the performance just felt rather flat. She had her moments, but unfortunately I still haven't been impressed by her, which I wasn't expecting pre-season.

 

 

Edited by FloorWax
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VoiceFan! said:

It’s “The Voice”, not “the style” or “the dance moves” or “the fit”.

 

Sorry but this is rude and unnecessary. Say that she's not cup of tea, but to say this? you're discrediting her capabilities as a vocalist lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Katie Rae has been perfectly consistent throughout the prelives and she deserved that steal. I hope she makes it to Kelly's Top 3, one way or another. She's definitely the one I'm rooting for the most on Team Kelly ATM.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...