The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

27 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

After rewatching Vaughn vs Katherine, I think I actually agree with the Arianators thinking Vaughn should have taken it. 

I enjoyed his tone more than hers. He did what he could with the awful song choice 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

I enjoyed his tone more than hers. He did what he could with the awful song choice 

same. I enjoyed Katherine's tone in her pre-show covers but Idk what's up with her audio on the show that make her sound super plain.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

After rewatching Vaughn vs Katherine, I think I actually agree with the Arianators thinking Vaughn should have taken it. 

Out of the two, I think he was just more memorable. The song choice didnt do favors to neither of them. And they are good singers, they could have given us something great with a better song.

But I do agree with the Arianators on something: Kat got to sing the melody, Vaughn was a supporting player, by planned placement. This is obviously not the first time a coach/TPTB has done this in battles, in fact, it happens every season, but I do agree with them here.

• Like 2

Also, The Joy Reunion were the first group I found about this season and I got super hooked to them. 

Once GNT came along though I had a new #1 group this season, but I still was looking forward to TJR.

That being said, I wasnt a fan of their run on the show, as short as it was. Their harmonies just sounded weak and muted throughout both of their performanced. They were disjointed in their blind (with poor sound mixing to boot), and though I liked them better in the battle, they still got overpowered by Peedy at every turn. 

Maybe it was the sound mixing or simply this particular stage wasnt for them, but I'm not surprised they were cut that early.

They're still right my alley and I do enjoy the music they've put out, so I'll still follow what they do.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I think that Vaughn should have won, too, though I see why Ariana picked Katherine instead.

choose Katherine still doesn't make sense to me when Bella is on the same team

and yes, Vaughn should have won

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pauwis said:

choose Katherine still doesn't make sense to me when Bella is on the same team

and yes, Vaughn should have won

I think with (almost) any other song choice, Vaughn could've easily won. But Dilemma was such a bizarre pick that they both sounded weird the whole time and KK sounded sufficiently strong enough to warrant a win. In the long run, Vaughn would've definitely been the smarter pick I think. But of course Ari didn't know the kind of feedback Vaughn would get when she made the decision.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I think with (almost) any other song choice, Vaughn could've easily won. But Dilemma was such a bizarre pick that they both sounded weird the whole time and KK sounded sufficiently strong enough to warrant a win. In the long run, Vaughn would've definitely been the smarter pick I think. But of course Ari didn't know the kind of feedback Vaughn would get when she made the decision.

If Vaughn hadn't been the leak, he would barely be acknowledged by Arianators, imo. Or even anyone.

• Like 5

I’m sorry but Jack Rogan should’ve got a steal. I cant say he should've got stolen over someone else because this season is too stacked but he deserved a steal. 

BTW Joshua Vacanti is a insane vocalist and is one of the best theater voices this show ever had. One of my favorites right now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Raquel Trinidad is a pre-season favorite of mine, but on-the-show performances aren't doing it for me so far, sadly.

Hoping she can get me back on track on KOs

sad but true

6 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

I’m sorry but Jack Rogan should’ve got a steal. I cant say he should've got stolen over someone else because this season is too stacked but he deserved a steal. 

BTW Joshua Vacanti is a insane vocalist and is one of the best theater voices this show ever had. One of my favorites right now.

Absolutely

9 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Raquel Trinidad is a pre-season favorite of mine, but on-the-show performances aren't doing it for me so far, sadly.

Hoping she can get me back on track on KOs

I personally liked her blind, but take in account i didn't really checked any of her material pre-season, so perhaps i didn't have any certain expectatives on her, and that's why her blind managed to impress me.

I'm actually excited for her KO's performance. Basing on the spoilers, i can't wait to listen to her singing that song. 

• Like 1

TCS vs. Parker had my favorite battle this season

My least favorite battle was definitely Raquel vs. Hailey, I'm sorry but it did nothing for me personally. 

Gymani vs. Aaron's battle is being a little underrated

Lana was better than Hailey G in that battle for me. She just has that "it factor". But I'm happy that both of them are win the knockouts.

Aaron deserved a steal over Manny....

Kinsey didn't do enough for 3 steals/1 save moment. Samara deserved that status!

The person that improved the most from blinds to battles is definitely KATIE RAE! She's getting so slept on. 

Team Ariana is officially my least favorite team. Ryleigh is being VERY overrated! Only Katie and Bella are good. Katherine is just generic and Jim/Sasha are meh. 

• Confused 1

I liked Joshua and Keilah's battle..

Sure it was messy at some parts. But I thought there was some genuinely impressive vocal moments between the two of them.

At least it wasn't boring or underwhelming like some other battles.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

TCS vs. Parker had my favorite battle this season

My least favorite battle was definitely Raquel vs. Hailey, I'm sorry but it did nothing for me personally. 

Gymani vs. Aaron's battle is being a little underrated

Lana was better than Hailey G in that battle for me. She just has that "it factor". But I'm happy that both of them are win the knockouts.

Aaron deserved a steal over Manny....

Kinsey didn't do enough for 3 steals/1 save moment. Samara deserved that status!

The person that improved the most from blinds to battles is definitely KATIE RAE! She's getting so slept on. 

Team Ariana is officially my least favorite team. Ryleigh is being VERY overrated! Only Katie and Bella are good. Katherine is just generic and Jim/Sasha are meh. 

hold awn let me put my reading glasses on for these opinions 

8 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I liked Joshua and Keilah's battle..

Sure it was messy at some parts. But I thought there was some genuinely impressive vocal moments between the two of them.

At least it wasn't boring or underwhelming like some other battles.

It definitely has grown on me quite a bit. It sure was an experience lol.

• Like 1

The Cunningham Sisters vs. Parker was in my Top 5 Battles of the season

I liked Ryleigh more in her blind than her battle

I actually enjoyed Sophia Brombergs audition aside from the whistle note 

Kaitlyn Velez audition is underrated 

Edited by erik g
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, erik g said:

Hated the battle between Raquel and Hailey 💀

I've seen a lot of these already in here, so I don't think that's unpopular lol

imo, that battle was good (now this is unpopular). but y'all just had certain standards that you set for the two, hence with the disappointments (not their fault, they did their absolute best, for sure)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sydneysam said:

I've seen a lot of these already in here, so I don't think that's unpopular lol

imo, that battle was good (now this is unpopular). but y'all just had certain standards that you set for the two, hence with the disappointments (not their fault, they did their absolute best, for sure)

I think the main issue for me was the bandzilla, which isn’t even their fault. I’m just excited for the Knockouts where I know the both of them will shine. ✨

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1