Jump to content

The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2


istersay
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Nick’s my 2nd favorite coach, behind Kelly…

He’s just so entertaining and he deep down rly cares for his artists and wants them to succeed. He also doesn’t care too much abt winning, just helping his team to the fullest

me thinking he is one of the blandest coaches to be on 💀

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Nick’s my 2nd favorite coach, behind Kelly…

He’s just so entertaining and he deep down rly cares for his artists and wants them to succeed. He also doesn’t care too much abt winning, just helping his team to the fullest

Confused Chrissy Teigen GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing about Nick is that I think he lacks the "bite" to be a coach. And what I mean by that, is having the gift of gab, selling your team, presenting yourself in front of an audience as a teacher and mentor. (I know the coaches don't do nearly as much as the show wants us to believe, but you get the point). People like Alicia, John, Blake and Kelly leave him in the dust on those aspects. For the record, I'm not totally sure Gwen has that either :stealth:, but she did seem to have a clear vision for what she wanted on her team. 

 

 

And in terms of the entertaining aspect, put him against Blake or Kelly and he's gonna ger overshadowed hard (Just watch any blind audition of S18 and S20). Even John, who I found pretty boring at first, got much snarkier last season and burned him several times. 

 

I think he has some positive qualities, he has given some good advice in the sessions, and definitely has some wisdom to offer due to starting as a kid, and on Broadway. But this particular job just wasn't for him.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The thing about Nick is that I think he lacks the "bite" to be a coach. And what I mean by that, is having the gift of gab, selling your team, presenting yourself in front of an audience as a teacher and mentor. (I know the coaches don't do nearly as much as the show wants us to believe, but you get the point). People like Alicia, John, Blake and Kelly leave him in the dust on those aspects. For the record, I'm not totally sure Gwen has that either :stealth:, but she did seem to have a clear vision for what she wanted on her team. 

 

 

And in terms of the entertaining aspect, put him against Blake or Kelly and he's gonna ger overshadowed hard (Just watch any blind audition of S18 and S20). Even John, who I found pretty boring at first, got much snarkier last season and burned him several times. 

 

I think he has some positive qualities, he has given some good advice in the sessions, and definitely has some wisdom to offer due to starting as a kid, and on Broadway. But this particular job just wasn't for him.

I think you summed it up really well although I did have to look up what "the gift of gab" meant and was confused when the first result was an American Rapper

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

You say this like they won’t bring him back 👻 

They probably will, and I´m not in love with the idea at all, but if he pulls a S17 Gwen and does a 360, maybe. 

 

Either way, there´s no way we won´t have a Gwen/Blake season coaching together as a married couple, so when Ariana leaves this season, they´ll likely have Gwen back for S22, so no need to worry about Nick until S23 lol (If the show still lasts ofc lol).

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The thing about Nick is that I think he lacks the "bite" to be a coach. And what I mean by that, is having the gift of gab, selling your team, presenting yourself in front of an audience as a teacher and mentor. (I know the coaches don't do nearly as much as the show wants us to believe, but you get the point). People like Alicia, John, Blake and Kelly leave him in the dust on those aspects. For the record, I'm not totally sure Gwen has that either :stealth:, but she did seem to have a clear vision for what she wanted on her team. 

 

 

And in terms of the entertaining aspect, put him against Blake or Kelly and he's gonna ger overshadowed hard (Just watch any blind audition of S18 and S20). Even John, who I found pretty boring at first, got much snarkier last season and burned him several times. 

 

I think he has some positive qualities, he has given some good advice in the sessions, and definitely has some wisdom to offer due to starting as a kid, and on Broadway. But this particular job just wasn't for him.

worded it so perfectly. one of the reasons why i thought s18 and s20 blinds were so boring to watch

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also idk if this belongs in this thread but it kinda pisses me off that Kelly’s all the way in the other side of Blake, she literally does a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of entertainment…

I liked better in S16 where they were next to each other and got to banter more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly? I thought Nick was a solid coach in terms of decision-making. The thing is he doesn’t really add anything to the show. Adam was a messy coach, but at least he was entertaining. On the other hand, Gwen isn’t a comedic genius but her teams are usually less cookie-cutter than the others, bringing a breath of fresh air to the seasons she’s on.

 

Nick doesn’t have any of that. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

Honestly? I thought Nick was a solid coach in terms of decision-making. The thing is he doesn’t really add anything to the show. Adam was a messy coach, but at least he was entertaining. On the other hand, Gwen isn’t a comedic genius but her teams are usually less cookie-cutter than the others, bringing a breath of fresh air to the seasons she’s on.

 

Nick doesn’t have any of that. 

I LOVED Nick and Kelly's rivalry in S18....

 

it was so fun and it felt so fresh and also his interactions with Blake in S18 but idk what happened in S20 (that's why he's my 2nd fav). at least his decision-making made sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

Honestly? I thought Nick was a solid coach in terms of decision-making. The thing is he doesn’t really add anything to the show. Adam was a messy coach, but at least he was entertaining. On the other hand, Gwen isn’t a comedic genius but her teams are usually less cookie-cutter than the others, bringing a breath of fresh air to the seasons she’s on.

 

Nick doesn’t have any of that. 


Yes, Adam has a personality. Nick unfortunately does not. I’d take Adam back in a heartbeat, just for the entertainment value (which includes his messy coaching). 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Yes, Adam has a personality. Nick unfortunately does not. I’d take Adam back in a heartbeat, just for the entertainment value (which includes his messy coaching). 

this. I mean, Nick host of BMA 😴

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Yes, Adam has a personality. Nick unfortunately does not. I’d take Adam back in a heartbeat, just for the entertainment value (which includes his messy coaching). 


When I started watching the show, Adam was definitely one of my favorite coaches. This was when the Blake banter was still fresh, and when Adam would always have good teams, and he used to have so many of my favorites. I thought he was great in the “classic” seasons. Around S10, he began to decline, but when Kelly joined, he declined even more, and the audience had turned against him by his last season (we all know why). He was great for a while, but I think he was ready to leave at the end 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I´ve definitely disagreed with several battle/KO decisions over the seasons, but at the end of the day, I see it as it is: They were ultimately picked for a reason. They may not have moved me, but they could have moved their coach enough to take them to the next round, or gained their belief. At the end of the day, I respect that.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hoot deserved the W. His voice is CRYSTAL CLEAR and powerful and he can go high and low without pitch problems. He was like the only one besides Rose + Katie in the Top 13 who could actually sing on key without technical problems. I also find him way more interesting than the usual country singer, and his "I Would've Loved You" single is great!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

not sure where to put this, but in TVAUS, i thought Joe didn't even give Homegrown a fighting chance against Sally. he wanted them to show off their harmonies more, but then gave them a song where they couldn't. i love Sally and she's one of my favorites, along with Aydan, but that battle felt so unfair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Angeles said:

not sure where to put this, but in TVAUS, i thought Joe didn't even give Homegrown a fighting chance against Sally. he wanted them to show off their harmonies more, but then gave them a song where they couldn't. i love Sally and she's one of my favorites, along with Aydan, but that battle felt so unfair.

Here’s my take: He didn’t necessarily want them to show off their harmonies more, but just to be more confident in them. The arrangement was littered with harmonies, so I think he gave them the opportunity to do that. The only thing is that Sally is a vocal beast and made their harmonies look like a joke (no offense to them, but Sally is insane.) 

 

Regardless, I think we can all agree that Joe is a much better coach than his brother. :stealth: 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Regardless, I think we can all agree that Joe is a much better coach than his brother. :stealth: 

oh 100%. he seemed so genuine in his coaching and he had 2 of my all-time favorite contestants and didn’t screw up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Here’s my take: He didn’t necessarily want them to show off their harmonies more, but just to be more confident in them. The arrangement was littered with harmonies, so I think he gave them the opportunity to do that. The only thing is that Sally is a vocal beast and made their harmonies look like a joke (no offense to them, but Sally is insane.) 

 

Regardless, I think we can all agree that Joe is a much better coach than his brother. :stealth: 


He was really good with Aydan, and even had him fly off a platform during what was my favorite performance from him

 

Joe was also more interesting than his brother, as he never seemed boring

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cookie73 said:

He was really good with Aydan, and even had him fly off a platform during what was my favorite performance from him

Yeah, he really helped Aydan expand on his performing abilities. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...