The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

I used to think Gihanna was the clear winner in her battle with Halley, but upon a relisten, it's much more even than I remember. Halley had some off moments (your lovin aaarms), but so did Gihanna (thou-u-sand stars). Plus, Halley had the whistle note going for her. I might actually pick Halley now, since I like her tone more :stealth:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Not a fan of Reagan, at all, but she deserved the PV in the Playoffs 

Kameron should have gotten the save over Tyke, though (I'm sure this is not unpopular, but still). Also, i never got the hype over Radha, she was, as someone here called her before a belter with no emotion.

I only cared for her audition tbh

What did everyone think of Michael Lee´s playoff performance? ("Every Time I Roll the Dice"). It definitely wasn´t his best and it´s understandable that he didn´t get PV, but I thought it was pretty entertaining, and that Blake would at least give him the save.

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

What did everyone think of Michael Lee´s playoff performance? ("Every Time I Roll the Dice"). It definitely wasn´t his best and it´s understandable that he didn´t get PV, but I thought it was pretty entertaining, and that Blake would at least give him the save.

this, but I don't think anyone expected Chris to gets PV and Dave was Blake's clear favorite. 

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again: my tinfoil hat theory was Blake wanting two of Kirk/Dave/Michael as the PVs, with the one that didn’t get the vote as his save. Enter Chris Kroeze throwing a wrench into that plan and Blake having to pick between someone Nashville-based and someone Texas-based.

Whether or not Blake made the right call is another matter.

Personally, it was my least favorite of Michael’s run on the show, but that’s more a testament to how good his pre-lives rounds were than a knock on the performance itself.

• Like 1

Just now, pauwis said:

this, but I don't think anyone expected Chris to gets PV and Dave was Blake's clear favorite. 

Kirk and Dave were the predicted PVs. The save was up for grabs, but nobody thought Chris would get it. Everyone thought he would get eliminated in playoffs. He was considered a middle of the pack contestant his whole run

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I used to think Gihanna was the clear winner in her battle with Halley, but upon a relisten, it's much more even than I remember. Halley had some off moments (your lovin aaarms), but so did Gihanna (thou-u-sand stars). Plus, Halley had the whistle note going for her. I might actually pick Halley now, since I like her tone more :stealth:

Agree, Gihanna's prelives weren't exactly outstanding. Not bad, just felt very overhyped by the coaches. Glitter in the Air was great and a step in the right direction before the lives where she exceled.

7 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Ryan Gallagher >>> Marisa Corvo. :stealth:

I much prefer his tone to hers, but I think she definitely did the heavy lifting on the battle, to the point of overshadowing him several times, especially with the dramatic nature of the song. So I agree with her winning.

That being said, this opinion definitely wasn´t unpopular to Minivan, I can tell you that lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I dont care if you hate me y'all I've been waiting for this moment for so long.

Season 17 Gwen was the worst. She kept using her relationship with Blake to get the contestants. She and Blake were really childish. The last straw for me was during Gracee's audition. Why did she scream "what" when Gracee picked Kelly? Like I honestly thought that was coming. Not only that but Gwen threw Kelly under the bus (shaming her for not letting the artist get a 4-chair turn) and why does she act pissed whenever a contestant did not pick her? The rest of the coaches clap for the contestants even if they do not get picked while Gwen just sits there acting all entitled (that was a beautiful moment with Alex Guthrie and you did not even clap for both of them?). At least S19 Gwen knew her worth.

1 hour ago, professorX said:

Season 17 Gwen was the worst. She kept using her relationship with Blake to get the contestants. She and Blake were really childish. The last straw for me was during Gracee's audition. Why did she scream "what" when Gracee picked Kelly? Like I honestly thought that was coming. Not only that but Gwen threw Kelly under the bus (shaming her for not letting the artist get a 4-chair turn) and why does she act pissed whenever a contestant did not pick her? The rest of the coaches clap for the contestants even if they do not get picked while Gwen just sits there acting all entitled (that was a beautiful moment with Alex Guthrie and you did not even clap for both of them?). At least S19 Gwen knew her worth.

It seems like you overanalyzed every little detail to find things to complain about.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, professorX said:

You're making so many assumptions here over the littlest things 💀 and for what?

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, professorX said:

Just seems like an upset Kelly stan to me… 👀 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, professorX said:

I think you are taking a lot of these made up assumptions out of proportion, Gwen is by far one of the sweetest human beings ever and she supports her artists and other artists regardless on what team they are on

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

It seems like you overanalyzed every little detail to find things to complain about.

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Just seems like an upset Kelly stan to me… 👀 

Ok you're right. I definitely overanalyzed but I was never trying to find things to hate on Gwen. I just picked them up. Plus the only time I complained about the show was when Nick let Zae go. I found this show on Season 19 and Gwen actually seemed sweet to me (plus I wanted artists to pick her because she seemed to be picked less). And you're also right about me being an upset Kelly stan. I became attached to Kelly the moment I found her coaching on The Voice. When I was re-visiting Season 17 I picked up what I mentioned that were little details on "some" blind auditions. So when I picked up these details I definitely was upset, and that comment I made was just one of my tantrums... a week ago. 

Anyways, I would've just disregarded your comments but I wouldn't because I know mine was just WRONG.

And yes I do think Gwen is sweet and humble that was just a phase of me doubting that. Sorry y'all :peace:

• Like 2

Nick’s my 2nd favorite coach, behind Kelly…

He’s just so entertaining and he deep down rly cares for his artists and wants them to succeed. He also doesn’t care too much abt winning, just helping his team to the fullest

10 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

nick's not bad okay he's like severely underrated in this forum

Hmm… let’s see… (and this is coming from someone who was optimistic about Nick for S20) 

-Treating Lindsay like fodder. :( 
-Adore You and Rewrite the Stars in the Battles :wacko:

-The entire thought process that went behind Andrew vs. Raine (and then proceeding to drop Raine… :?)

-Pairing Dana and Keegan, Jose and Raine in the Knockouts.

47 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

That’s a big “no.” He got Toneisha as a background singer for one of his performances though. 

I like his coaching tho

With Nick’s help, Rachel kept improving and improving after each performance and he doesn’t care too much about winning, he just wants to treat his artists right. Plus he’s strategic as a coach, I’ve never disagreed with any one of his choices, and his team had great battles: Joana vs Roderick, Allegra vs Michael, Bradley vs Rachel, etc. 
ALSO he doesn’t care abt how many chairs a contestant has turned (5 of his 6 one chair artists in 2 seasons made his live playoffs team)

15 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

With Nick’s help, Rachel kept improving and improving after each performance and he doesn’t care too much about winning, he just wants to treat his artists right

You’re giving him too much credit there considering actual vocal coaches do much of the work when it comes to that. If he truly cared about his artists he would have let Rachel sing Joni in the Semis, like she wanted to, instead of “Human.”

• Like 3