The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

30 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

yes!!! oliv blu was very good imo. also, cecily's BA was deserving of way more than 1 turn imo, and she should NOT have gotten out in the battles, against selkii of all people

Blake choosing Selkii wasn´t that controversial at the time, since she was fairly liked back then. By the time the Cross Battles came though, IDF´s opinion on her and Blake´s decision changed.

Unpopular opinion now: I thought Selkii fairly won that battle, and while yes, she obviously flopped later, what could have guaranteed that Cecily wouldn´t have done the same? The Cross Battles were hell for the contestants. 

Not to mention all non country people on Team Blake were irrelevant that season. She would have had no chance against the country dudes either way.

Edited by Misirlou

4 hours ago, QueenCami said:

also, cecily's BA was deserving of way more than 1 turn imo

Agreed.  But unfortunately, two of the coaches were Kelly and John, the pickiest of the picky.  It was inevitable that they wouldn't turn.  Also, that man had grown shockingly picky since at least season twelve, so another problem there.  She was damn lucky that Blake went for her.

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

Agreed.  But unfortunately, two of the coaches were Kelly and John, the pickiest of the picky.  It was inevitable that they wouldn't turn.  Also, that man had grown shockingly picky since at least season twelve, so another problem there.  She was damn lucky that Blake went for her.

Or maybe teams were really filling up by the time she auditioned?

Edited by FloorWax

22 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Unpopular opinion now: I thought Selkii fairly won that battle, and while yes, she obviously flopped later, what could have guaranteed that Cecily wouldn´t have done the same? The Cross Battles were hell for the contestants. 

yeah, i can't guarantee that. i don't know if i've listened to selkii's Cross Battle performance, but I prefer Cecily over Selkii anyway, so even if she flopped like Selkii, I'd probably still have preferred Cecily's Cross Battle.

4 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I really loved S16. I'll explain if anyone wants to know why???

Yeah that season gave King Gyth's, King Dexter's and King Andrew's over the top stunning and other-worldly performances. 😂

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, David68 said:

Explain

It's because that season gave me one of my eternal snowflake, Maelyn. It felt really amazing to see Queen Maelyn destroying all the competition every single week(And yes falling water too). My ears were blessed by her amazing vocals every single week.

Same is the case with S9.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

It's because that season gave me one of my eternal snowflake, Maelyn. It felt really amazing to see Queen Maelyn destroying all the competition every single week(And yes falling water too). My ears were blessed by her amazing vocals every single week.

Same is the case with S9.

That’s a great reason to love the season. 😁 It just goes to show how much of an impact the Queen made during her season. :wub: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Amber Carrington is overrated and Danielle Bradbery deserved to win Season 4. :stealth:

Amber Carrington is UNDERRATED imo. I think she's one of the most underrated contestant ever.

I can't argue about Danielle winning tho. She was good as well. But still Amber was robbed of a spot in the finale.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Amber Carrington is UNDERRATED imo. I think she's one of the most underrated contestant ever.

I can't argue about Danielle winning tho. She was good as well. But still Amber was robbed of a spot in the finale.

I watched her entire run recently to see if I could be swayed and was bored out of my mind. I guess she deserved to make finale though. 🤷‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I watched her entire run recently to see if I could be swayed and was bored out of my mind. I guess she deserved to make finale though. 🤷‍♂️ 

Btw during the time of 2013-2014, Saying that Danielle deserved to win was the most popular opinion here. But I guess, now majority of her fans aren't here anymore.

Back to topic. I disagree that she's boring but I think I can't argue about that since it's subjective. Also, I really appreciate that you think she deserved the finale spot.

• Like 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Oh, I wasn’t here back then. :rofl:

She has 114 fans on her fan thread. I believe that's the highest on THE VOICE FORUM.

Btw fan threads can really really help you understand who was the most popular here. Out of the remaining fan-threads(some of them were completely lost after the system malfunction) here are the most populated on this forum.

Addison and Chloe are second and third and they have 86 and 73 respectively. Then comes Lauren with 69, then Matt with 68, then Brynn with 63, then Sawyer with 62, then Maelyn with 61, then Cassade with 49 and then Chris J with 48.

NOTE: S13 is an exception where Chloe was more positively received as compared to Addison.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Btw during the time of 2013-2014, Saying that Danielle deserved to win was the most popular opinion here. But I guess, now majority of her fans aren't here anymore.

I really doubt that. I wasn’t on IDF but after reading the old threads back when you could access them I’m pretty sure everyone was split between Michelle and Danielle. I’m open to be corrected tho if someone who was actually here on 2013 says otherwise.

Danielle has a really big and passionate fanbase, but she has always been really polarizing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I really doubt that. I wasn’t on IDF but after reading the old threads back when you could access them I’m pretty sure everyone was split between Michelle and Danielle. I’m open to be corrected tho if someone who was actually here on 2013 says otherwise.

Danielle has a really big and passionate fanbase, but she has always been really polarizing.

Everyone has haters. Sawyer had too. But overall he was IDF favorite. I mean the amount of his haters would be around 5-10. But the amount of his fans are 62. Same is with Danielle. She may have haters but overall she was IDF Favorite.

EDIT: By no means I'm a Danielle and Sawyer fab but that's what it is.

Edited by Jordan Smith Fan

1 minute ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Everyone has haters. Sawyer had too. But overall he was IDF favorite. I mean the amount of his haters would be around 5-10. But the amount of his fans are 62. Same is with Danielle. She may have haters but overall she was IDF Favorite.

I don’t think the number of fans a fan thread has really counts as a measure of popularity imo.

Example: Thunderstorm in S18 was the most popular contestant here (he won almost every performance poll) but his fan thread was basically dead compared to some of the others.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I don’t think the number of fans a fan thread has really counts as a measure of popularity imo.

Example: Thunderstorm in S18 was the most popular contestant here (he won almost every performance poll) but his fan thread was basically dead compared to some of the others.

Well that means he had some fans(around 22) but none of them were die-hard imo. Joanna was the most liked here. She had the most fans + the most active fan thread. She didn't do well in the polls during remote live shows beacuase her performances were bad latter on and people voted in the polls for who gave the best performance.

Danielle gained instant fans after her PO performance. Her fan thread was the most active on this forum. She had many die-hard fans.

Now please don't say that only one fan is required to make the thread active because one or two fans can't make a fan thread of 1600+ pages.

Just now, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Well that means he had some fans(around 22) but none of them were die-hard imo.

Danielle gained instant fans after her PO performance. Her fan thread was the most active on this forum. She had many die-hard fans.

True, but that’s because she has had some success and she has kept releasing music consistently over the years. What I’m trying to say is that Danielle had more support than Michelle after the show ended (thanks to her post-show music and dedicated fanbase), but that doesn’t mean that during S4 she was the most popular.

In fact I’m confident that Michelle won the “Who do you want to win? polls during her season. She was really likeable and the majority of people here don’t like country (at least compared to the core audience)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Daillon said:

True, but that’s because she has had some success and she has kept releasing music consistently over the years. What I’m trying to say is that Danielle had more support than Michelle after the show ended (thanks to her post-show music and dedicated fanbase), but that doesn’t mean that during S4 she was the most popular.

In fact I’m confident that Michelle won the “Who do you want to win? polls during her season. She was really likeable and the majority of people here don’t like male country singers (at least compared to the core audience)

Corrected your statement.

• Haha 1

@Daillon Danielle reached 100+ pages during the show and 1000+ during 2014 imo. She was really talked about during the show as well.

Also, polls aren't always accurate. Don't forget Micah got votes than Tstorm on WHO DO YOU WANT TO SEE WIN POLL lol. And Todd and Micah were always 2nd and 3rd(Except for Micah's KO) in the polls. Would that mean they were more liked than Joanna, Allegra, and Zan?

• Haha 1

We shouldn’t make the mistake of judging IDF popularity, based on fan thread activity or number of fans on a fan list. Neither Kyla nor Kennedy had active fan threads, during or after their seasons, yet they were very popular here. I don’t even think their fan threads were revived after the platform change. 

I’ll say the same thing about polls with less than 50 people voting. It’s basically useless. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1