The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The main reason I didn't rage quit Season 16 after the Cross Battles: Maelyn and a friend of a friend made it through (even though I preferred the latter's opponent).

Maelyn is the only reason why I even bothered watching (and some trainwrecks were also fun to watch :haha:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think the second week of Cross Battles was actually not that bad, mainly because they perhaps had a week to process how this thing works and be more  prepared, and the fact they had in-ears this time. LB, Kendra, Carter, Andrew, Shawn, Rebbeca and Beth stood out to me here, as opposed to just Maelyn, Rod, Dexter and Domenic from last episode. 

That being said, I still believe that the Top 11 from S11 was worse.

5 hours ago, Daillon said:

S14 almost made me quit the show (the playoffs and the Top 12 are some of the worst Voice episodes I have watched) but it’s always interesting to hear other opinions.

perhaps the reason is that i didn't actually watch the show that season. i watched my favorites' performances on youtube, so it diluted a lot of the "bad" for me. however, a lot of my favorites were ones that people said were inconsistent. i was actually shocked to see it so disliked on here, but yeah, it is interesting to see different opinions 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Unpopular but I rly liked the top 13 of S17 (with the exception of Shane and I wish Damali was there instead but Shane wasn’t even that bad). Max, Katie, Rose, Ricky, Hello Sunday, Jake, Myracle and Marybeth were AMAZING!

yes! i agree! the ones that were controversial on here were kat, shane, will, and hello sunday, and i liked both hello sunday and kat! i also liked the other 9 that i didn't mention, so i did enjoy the top 13 that season a lot!

8 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Unpopular but I rly liked the top 13 of S17 (with the exception of Shane and I wish Damali was there instead but Shane wasn’t even that bad). Max, Katie, Rose, Ricky, Hello Sunday, Jake, Myracle and Marybeth were AMAZING!

Agree. I loved S17.

13 hours ago, QueenCami said:

This also reminds me, i recently listened to WILKES' cover of "The Climb" in the knockouts and, (possibly?) unpopular opinion: I liked it more than I liked Carter's. Carter's was technically very good, but WILKES' voice has so much character and he held out some of those notes for a REALLY long time. That was a really really good performance!

This, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this.

• Like 4

On 12/29/2020 at 8:33 AM, Misirlou said:

I think the second week of Cross Battles was actually not that bad, mainly because they perhaps had a week to process how this thing works and be more  prepared, and the fact they had in-ears this time. LB, Kendra, Carter, Andrew, Shawn, Rebbeca and Beth stood out to me here, as opposed to just Maelyn, Rod, Dexter and Domenic from last episode.

Uh . . . was Lisa a joke to you?  She did very well, too, that week.

28 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Vey Underrated.

One of the best contestants to ever come to the voice stage.

Tough call but this is my favorite performance from Matthew.

And I agree on the second part. Is it an unpopular opinion here? 

Just now, Shere Khan said:

And I agree on the second part. Is it an unpopular opinion here? 

IDF mainly talk about his Hallelujah performance. Cosmic Love is very underrated here(At least among the current active users).

2 minutes ago, Shere Khan said:

Tough call but this is my favorite performance from Matthew.

Mine too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

IDF mainly talk about his Hallelujah performance. Cosmic Love is very underrated here(At least among the current active users).

I haven't seen much talk about it, but I don't think its underrated here. From what little I've seen, it's pretty well-received.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Vey Underrated.

OOOH YES was a fan of this dude ever since his audition. His battle with Jacob is so so good too!! He and Jacquie were the reasons why I've been interested to watch the season during that time

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Vey Underrated.

I don’t think this is underrated at all, but this is probably my #1 favorite performance from the Voice US.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Preston deserved to win his battle over Mendeleyev. :stealth:

Now that is an unpopular opinion lol. I liked Preston, but Mendeleyev took him out easily, and considering he wasn´t nearly as good in the battle as in his blind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2021 at 7:09 AM, Bk1234 said:

Preston deserved to win his battle over Mendeleyev. :stealth:

I’m probably the only IDF user who agrees with you.😹 I think Preston was eliminated at a good time. His battle was my favourite performance from him and it showed a lot of potential. It’s just tough because Mendeleyev didn’t deserve to be eliminated during the battles, but Preston definitely earned his win and he stood out in that performance. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Season 17’s finale should have been Marybeth, Kat, Rose, and Ricky. 

I actually would have preferred Hello Sunday over her (thank god none of them made it tho)

Kat’s tone combined with her pitchiness drove me nuts. I know many people love her, but she’s probably one of my least favorite contestants ever.

• Like 2