The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

43 minutes ago, Daillon said:

In Maelyn’s case, I think it mattered a lot, specially on the season she was on. She was the only one who could sing live consistently well and that’s what gave her the win imo

I was trying to point out that winners and finalists often solidify their status even before the live shows begin.

Taking a wild guess here and say Gyth and Maelyn were probably a lock for the top 2 after blinds.

6 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Exactly. Tamara, Cami, Ben all had to saved every step of the way. I would not have minded if that happened to Julia. Julia is way more interesting than the entire top 8 (and maybe even the entire top 17). I rarely make strong statements like this. She has the stage presence, the look, she's fresh, she's current. But yeah, contestants like her are not meant for this show. 

In a show where Maggie Rogers is considered an extreme song choice (let alone Billie Eilish lol) girls like Julia don't have much business to do.

And we all know both Tamara and Ben had more votes than Cami.

• Like 1

It’s all or nothing with Kelly. 

6 seasons, 5 finalists, 3 winners. 

S14 - Winner, Brynn 

S15 - Winner, Chevel

S16 - No finalist

S17 - Winner, Jake 

S18 - 5th place, probably would have missed the finale if not for the format change. 

S19 - 4th place, Desz likely would have needed and instant save, under the old format, so maybe she would have missed this one as well. 

Remember all of the talk of Kelly surpassing Blake in popularity? Oops. She needs the right contestant and circumstances to win. I think she got lucky. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

S14 - Winner, Brynn 

S15 - Winner, Chevel

S16 - No finalist

S17 - Winner, Jake 

S18 - 5th place, probably would have missed the finale if not for the format change. 

S19 - 4th place, Desz likely would have needed and instant save, under the old format, so maybe she would have missed this one as well. 

Remember all of the talk of Kelly surpassing Blake in popularity? Oops. She needs the right contestant and circumstances to win. I think she got lucky. 

DeSz had a season to me that reminded me of Rose Short, where Gwen shouldered a lot of blame for not getting Rose higher.  

38 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

S14 - Winner, Brynn 

S15 - Winner, Chevel

S16 - No finalist

S17 - Winner, Jake 

Yep. That´s exactly what she needs. An average Blake contestant is more likely to coat to the finale than an average Team Kelly contestant. Kelly needs Minivan appealing types, like Hoot or Chevel. I remember Brynn got a lot of flack on FB during her season but she still won so... 

Kelly never has had the runner up or third placer on her team throughout her seasons.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

There are two kinds of winners: members of Team Blake and contestants who'd win with any coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, that’s so true. I’m content though since she produced two of my favorite winners, Brynn and Chevel. 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shere Khan said:

There are two kinds of winners: members of Team Blake and contestants who'd win with any coach.

Yep. Contestants like TSoul, Courtney Harrell, Paxton, Hannah Kirby or Reagan James wouldn´t have gotten as far as they did had they not chosen Blake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Yep. That´s exactly what she needs. An average Blake contestant is more likely to coat to the finale than an average Team Kelly contestant. Kelly needs Minivan appealing types, like Hoot or Chevel. I remember Brynn got a lot of flack on FB during her season but she still won so... 

Kelly never has had the runner up or third placer on her team throughout her seasons.

To her credit, when she gets a minivan appealing contestant (particularly country), she knows what to do with them. She just can’t drag any contestant of her choosing to the finale like Blake can. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

To her credit, when she gets a minivan appealing contestant (particularly country), she knows what to do with them. She just can’t drag any contestant of her choosing to the finale like Blake can. 

Exactly. I agree with @Daillon that Jake/Brynn/Chevel wouldn't have won with any other coach(Except Blake). But that's not because Kelly is very popular as compared to others, that's because she knows what to do with them unlike other coaches(Except for Blake).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Exactly. I agree with @Daillon that Jake/Brynn/Chevel wouldn't have won with any other coach(Except Blake). But that's not because Kelly is very popular as compared to others, that's because she knows what to do with them unlike other coaches(Except for Blake).

Let’s look at who the other coaches were...Adam - he could get any contestant to the finale toward the end, let alone win. Alicia and JHud - The have no clue what to do with a country singer. So I guess that’s probably right. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yep. Contestants like TSoul, Courtney Harrell, Paxton, Hannah Kirby or Reagan James wouldn´t have gotten as far as they did had they not chosen Blake.

Yep, I'd put Jim Ranger and Ian in that category as well. IMO, they wouldn't have made it to the Finale without Blake. 

Edited by echoap
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Let’s look at who the other coaches were...Adam - he could get any contestant to the finale toward the end, let alone win. Alicia and JHud - The have no clue what to do with a country singer. So I guess that’s probably right. 

You mean couldn't?  Because toward the end, yeah, he couldn't do it.  Early on, though, he could.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rodney said:

You mean couldn't?  Because toward the end, yeah, he couldn't do it.  Early on, though, he could.

Of course. He couldn’t have gotten Celine Dion to the finale toward the end. 

With all of the producer manipulations, it’s difficult to win this show without some help. It’s impossible to know who could have won with which coaches, or in which seasons. A runaway winner of one season, could have been fodder in others, depending on the whims of TPTB. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

This one goes a little back : I rewatched Dave Fenley's performance of "Use Me" and I enjoyed quite a lot honestly. It was different and entertaining, and I have to commend him for taking a risk that no other country artist (except maybe for Sundance)would have taken on the show.

Kelly's worst team was season 15- the only good contestants were Cody (who withdrew) and Chevel- who was the only member of that team that should have made the top 13. 

2 hours ago, AmyNicole said:

Kelly's worst team was season 15- the only good contestants were Cody (who withdrew) and Chevel- who was the only member of that team that should have made the top 13. 

Finally, an opinión that actually belongs on this thread 😁(Btw, i disagree)

Edited by Gustavo527

On 12/16/2020 at 8:52 AM, Misirlou said:

I don't know.  I think that Paxton could've gone far with Pharrell, too.  But I agree with the others.