The CBS RTV Rankdown

Alex95

MAX & KATIE

IvUVm7Y.gif

Max & Katie were a newlywed team that competed on The Amazing Race 22. At first they were the villainous underdogs, but they ended up becoming a threat toward the end of the season. They won the last three legs before the finale, but they ultimately finished in second place. I know Max & Katie have fans, but they aren't favorites of mine at all. Throughout the season, they came across as wannabe villains that were rude and egotistical. They bickered with each other as well, with Katie often blaming all their mistakes on Max for not being enough of a man. Katie had a poor view on gender roles, even saying it was embarrassing for Max to be beaten by a female in a Roadblock task. Max, on the other hand, would demean the other teams. He was so insulted by an alliance that didn't include him that he formed a counter-alliance just to eliminate them. There was even an instance when he giddily flipped off Joey & Meghan and Mona & Beth after they missed a train.  Maybe I could see what fans saw in them that was so entertaining if I were to rewatch the season, but I have no plans to do so. They just weren't likable at all, but I think that was their goal as they relished in the thought of being the perceived bad guys of the season. Anyway, out go Max & Katie from the rankdown.