14. Nat & Kat

Edited by *Amanda

20 hours ago, Alex95 said:

I expect to wake up and see 20 :))

20 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Laughing Hard GIF by memecandy

:dead: 

20 hours ago, *Amanda said:

I did 13 write-ups in 5 hours and Victoria has only done one... 

We stan Victoria in this house! :wub:

19 hours ago, Deeee said:

Tiffany "New York" Pollard FTW. Janelle for runner-up. Vanessa for third place. That is all.

Well that sounds freaking amazing to me. :wub: 

9 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Me not seeing all 20 writeups in my inbox even after a two day extension

fvyIGWu.gif

9 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

I kept spelling Brook and Claire's name wrong and Alex didn't correct me.

cries GIF

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Well that sounds freaking amazing to me. :wub: 

Yay we agree. :wub:

I could not submit a public vote though, since I have not watched most of TAR and some seasons of Survivor + BB. But really pulling for those three!

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Yay we agree. :wub:

I could not submit a public vote though, since I have not watched most of TAR and some seasons of Survivor + BB. But really pulling for those three!

My ranking is a little different but all 3 are amongst my faves. :wub: 

Ooh ahhh I see and understand. Hoping my input helps them out a bit. :haha: 

19. Blake & Paige

qY5DgkQ.png

QueenKalie - 3/20

Victoria - 6/20

Fifi - 11/20

Sola - 17/20

Lily - 19/20

Public - 19/20

Amanda - 20/20

Steven - 20/20

QUEENKALIE

paige-and-blake-mycoskie-compete-for-the

eecb4bf671488e0a6e000c0c28ffd503.jpg

I only started watching The Amazing Race during season 16 so I didn't watch their season which was season 2 when it originally aired. I watched all the seasons or at least parts of all the seasons some I couldn't make it all the through because they were boring before the Amazing Race rankdown started. The rankdown flopped hardcore but I am glad that I watched the seasons at least. Blake & Paige ended up being one of my all time favorite teams along with Gary & Mallory  who have always been my #1 and Monica and Joseph that's my top 3 so I am glad at least one of them was able to make the  top 20 at least. I expect them to get a really low ranking perhaps even last because I might be one of the few rankers who have even watched this season so I have very low expectations for them. If they don't get last then I will be happy about that but if not oh well lol. What I liked about them was that 1 they were a brother sister team which isn't a common team set up so that's cool. But they always had such a positive attitude and were smiling all the time and were just enjoying the race which was great to see. They made it into the top 3 so they did well on the race. They have both gone on to be pretty successful post  race Blake is the founder of a very successful shoe company called Toms and I think he is married and has a couple of kids. Paige is the founder of a successful clothing chain called Aviator Nation and recently opened up a store near me which I haven't been to but I am glad to see them doing well at least. I found out a lot of this stuff from following Paige on instagram and noticed that she had a girlfriend so congrats to both of them, I think they are still together and happy so I hope that works out for them. 

VICTORIA

GW234H175

Even besides not knowing about any of these Amazing Race contestants besides Natalie and Nadiya, I did want to spread them out a bit and mix up the Survivor, The Amazing Race and Big Brother contestants a bit. That and I made a deal with CGF So that is why Blake & Paige or this high. Oh, wait. I watched The Amazing Race 2 which Blake & Paige competed. I'm must be really tired doing these write-ups. Ugh, they don't have a gif. I should have cut them instead of Charla & Mirna. I'm mad at myself. Like I mentioned, Blake & Paige are a brother and sister team on The Amazing Race 2. WHICH I HAVE SEEN. I PROMISE. They were the first sibling brother and sister team to compete on The Amazing Race. They had cutthroat natures and what mask it with their positive attitudes. The other teams talked bad about them and they viewed Blake as a cheater. They made the final 3 but fell behind while running through the streets of San Francisco. The completed 13 legs, came in third place, were first team to arrive at the finish line in third place and DID NOT HAVE A GIF TO USE WHICH PISSED ME OFF. SHOW UP WHENEVER. They do not call me Giftoria for kicks.

FIFI

Wow I could not find a single gif of them LMAO, sad. Based on what I read and saw, they seem like I team I would enjoy a lot!

SOLA

I nominated them a couple of times because I wanted Oswald & Danny to be the last time Amazing Race Season 2 team in the game.  I clearly did not get my way.  I don’t really have anything against Blake & Paige, I just don’t find them that interesting or very exciting.  Anyway, they were a brother/sister team and they were on Season 2.  They were usually in the top half of the race in terms of placement.  They had two first places (one of which was after successfully using the fast forward).  I don’t know I don’t have anything interesting to say about them.

LILY

I'm sorry to rank Blake & Paige here, I know they're very likeable hence their top 20 spot! In the end, I picked them for #19 because I know the least about TAR, and they were the pair I could find the least about most likely because of them being on an older season. Their legacy still clearly holds up, for them to make it all the way to top 20. While I couldn't find much online I did find some stuff for Blake who seems to have become a very successful entrepreneur since! Blake & Paige played more of a cutthroat game in their season but they had an ability to disguise this and come across very positive in their attitudes. They stepped it up in the end of their season particularly with two leg wins before ultimately finishing third.

ALEX

While not my favorite team in the world or anything, I really wanted some OG TAR rep in this game and I’m glad we got it with Blake & Paige. The first three seasons and the fifth are truly the golden age of TAR this show will never be able to reach again (flaws and all) thanks to the storytelling. While Blake & Paige are a bit more invisible than I may have liked, Blake is still an innovator of the show and thus, an icon just for that reason. If they showed up in like TAR 23 or something they would be a bland or forgettable team. But luckily, they were in TAR 2 where Blake was constantly thinking outside of the box. Whether it was calling ahead for tickets, not checking his bags before going on a plane, or begging for money, these are all pretty standard practices in TAR nowadays that Blake was the first to do. He is also responsible for my favorite behind-the-scenes story when he threatened the producers with litigation in the second leg if they got eliminated after his car broke down :wub:. He’s the reason we get that voiceover in later seasons that states if a car breaks down due to no fault of their own, teams will not be issued a time credit. Though not the biggest personalities, Blake’s season-long rivalry with Wil was super fun and brought the best out of all of them. The most iconic moment of that rivalry is obviously when Blake jokingly created a fake clue sending Wil & Tara to the most desolate place in the world after Wil lost his real clue :dead:. Paige was kind of irrelevant, but she was a strong partner for Blake and put up with his antics. And I just learned from QK that she has a girlfriend so we have to stan! My only complaint about them is when they prayed for the souls of the Buddhists at the Buddhist sacrifice task. I know they were trying to be committed to their Christianity, but it was extremely insensitive. Having said that, they were young and they both seem like amazing people. Blake runs a really successful shoe business and has given his profits to stopping gun violence which is amazing. Glad an old-school TAR team was able to make it all the way to the end here!

WALLY

Don't know them.... sorry, giving them #20.

NIKI

Aw I remember they were my fav season 2

JUNWASROBBED

Ngl I didn’t watch their season, but they seemed fun.

AMANDA

gUmss.gif

Sorry to any Blake & Paige fans, but they're honestly my least favorites of those left. I held off of targeting them because I knew that they have some big supporters out there, but now that we're at Top 20, I don't have any qualms about ranking them last. Blake & Paige appeared on season 2 of the race where they finished in 3rd place - and they were the first brother-sister team in race history, so that's pretty cool. Along the way they won 2 legs. They placed last in leg 8 but were spared by it being a non-elimination leg and improved on their placement the following leg by placing 2nd. I'm sure that some of their bigger fans will have more to say, so I'm just trying to reach the 100 word requirement here, so I hope this is enough.

STEVEN

gUmss.gif

This is not a petty ranking. Blake & Paige are simply the only ones in this Top 20 I am unfamiliar with. After consulting the Amazing Race Wiki and TVTropes, I can see why they are popular. The first brother-sister team to compete on the race, Blake & Paige were a positive, yet cutthroat team that used clever tactics to gain the upper hand in situations they faced. The other teams called them cheaters, but they just did whatever it took to win the race. Blake & Paige were the first teams to beg locals for money, ask to borrow their cab driver’s cell phone to gain information, getting their bags on a flight while other teams checked theirs, and getting preferred parking on a ferry. One of their most clever moves was renting a metal detector to complete a task outside of operating hours. Blake & Paige made it to the Final Leg, but they finished in third place. However, Blake went on to be the founder of TOMS Shoes and Paige founded her own company as well. They are both worth millions now, so kudos to them. Anyway, congrats to their fans on getting them this far, but I can't rank the only entry in this Top 20 I'm unfamiliar with higher than here.

Edited by Alex95

Just coming here to say that I don’t like the comment about the TAR rankdown flopping when I did my best to save it while going through grief. And after losing a ranker, I tried to Salvage it then someone dropped out of it. And IDF rebooted which was a sign from heaven than it shouldn’t have happened.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

AMANDA

16. Nat & Kat

20. Blake & Paige

FIFI

5. Nat & Kat

11. Blake & Paige

LILY

18. Nat & Kat

19. Blake & Paige

PUBLIC