The CBS RTV Rankdown

Alex95

Great writeup Steven, I pretty much agree with most of it. However, I actually disagree about the Zeke/Varner thing. I think she handled the situation rather well, especially as a conservative person with no experience with trans people. I thought it was nice seeing her stand up for Zeke and discussing how he changed her perception of trans people. I'm very glad she took his side and got educated. I didn't really see her making it about herself, I think the support was always around Zeke. Everyone kind of was just sharing their thoughts about the situation at tribal council and Sarah's thoughts were more personal and how the situation changed her thinking.

Great writeup Steven, I pretty much agree with most of it. However, I actually disagree about the Zeke/Varner thing. I think she handled the situation rather well, especially as a conservative person with no experience with trans people. I thought it was nice seeing her stand up for Zeke and discussing how he changed her perception of trans people. I'm very glad she took his side and got educated. I didn't really see her making it about herself, I think the support was always around Zeke. Everyone kind of was just sharing their thoughts about the situation at tribal council and Sarah's thoughts were more personal and how the situation changed her thinking.

That's fair! It's been years since the episode aired, but I just remember thinking it was awkward how Sarah didn't chime in until it was to speak about herself (if I'm remembering correctly). Good for her for changing her perception, though!

I might be the only one who found Sarah interesting in her second play. She was my winner prediction both seasons she played. :haha: She is easily one of if not the best winner from the 30's.

Also side note, if she were to win Season 40, she would be the first female winner since herself. :haha:

Matthew Von Ertfelda

IPB Image

I am sorry to Matt for having to make him the target next to Ika to ensure she survived this vote, but what had to be done is now done, and I opted for him because I don't think he's one of the main faves left, he's been up before and been left to the end so clearly isn't a huge fave. He may have got 3 votes to stay but 3 votes were all that were needed here. Matthew played on Survivor: Amazon, not being too clued up on the game but being able to form some good bonds, such as with Daniel who he spoke strategy with in Mandarin which was really smart/cool, even if Daniel didn't last long! Matthew also famously had a bit of an obsession with a machete which freaked out some of his tribemates such as Rob C. who commented on this. Despite his bond with Rob C., he was able to form a final 2 with Jenna, although was the first male finalist on Survivor to receive less than 3 votes in a FTC, which is funny to think about now with the number of perfect votes/0 vote finalists we've gone on to have. :haha:

Edited by ImSomebody

Tea.

:dead:

Nominations:

IKA WONG

IPB Image

vs.

MATTHEW VON ERFTELDA

IPB Image

At first I was :fear: about this..... but then I understood why. :haha:

The votes are in and......once again we have a tie! 3 votes to save Ika and 3 votes to save Matthew.

Lily will be responsible for breaking the tie.

:fear:

Matthew was a fun character (and sometimes super weird & creepy) but definitely the right choice to leave of the two.