The CBS RTV Rankdown

Alex95

I'll do a Nicolas & Donald writeup before I go to bed if no one else will o:) . I'm gonna give everyone some leeway since we're coming back from the IDF crash and I know Victoria mentioned she was just celebrating her birthday. However, everyone knows I'm the mean host whose a stickler for the 24 hour rule and I'm gonna stick to that when we get started with cycle two :*.

Nicholas & Donald

IPB Image

Nicholas & Donald are a grandfather & grandson team who were on The Amazing Race 12. They were the only all-male team on that season, which is surprising because there's usually 3 or 4 of those per season. They finished 3rd. They won 1 leg when they decided to do the fast forward in Italy and had to get a permanent tattoo of the letters "ff". Other than that, they tended to place towards the bottom of the pack but always managed to survive due to other teams making race-ending mistakes. One of their more memorable moments is when Donald had to do the pole vaulting over a ditch task and ended up doing it in his underwear. That task would return as a switchback in season 21, so clearly it was a memorable enough task. Anyway, they were never really a favorite team of mine that season in a cast that had a lot of great teams which is why I nominated them.

So its been about 5 hours, haven't heard anything from anyone. So I will just post.

Nominations:

Steph & Kristen

Brittany & Jessica

Corinne & Eliza

Tiffany & Krista

Whitney Hogg

Rachel Swindler

Angie "Rockstar" Lantry

Bridgette Dunning

Jessica Johnston

Sierra Dawn Thomas

Jaclyn Schultz

Natalie Tenerelli

The theme of this nomination is "Too many Women"

Survivor - Holder of the power gives immunity to one set of nominations once in first five cycles. Nominator will name a new set of nominees.

Big Brother - Holder of the power has a POV once per cycle to save one. One of those cycles, they can use it as a DPOV where they can save someone and replace them with someone of their choosing.

The Amazing Race - Holder of the power grants immunity to anyone of their choice at the start of the first five cycles. They also gave immunity to someone at the beginning of the game for five cycles.

Corinne & Eliza

IPB Image

There was a clear agenda here and I am gonna cut the person or in this case the team that I least care about it. I don't really care about either Corinne or Eliza and together they were pretty insufferable so this was an easy choice. Look I don't like Rachel & Elissa either so I get why they talked crap about them it makes sense and I probably would have done the same thing but still a lot of their stuff was super cringe. A lot of it was really try hardy and planned and the jokes fell flat for the most part in my opinion at least. They struggled on the race as far as the actual racing they completed 4 legs and finished in 9th place. Reading their bio I see that the three words they used to describe themselves is 100% that b*tch if you gotta say that about yourself then I am sorry but you are not actually that. So anyways they sucked as racers so out they go.

Saving Natalie Tenerelli

ANGIE "ROCKSTAR" LANTRY

IPB Image

Hopefully today isn't one of Rockstar's children's birthday, because she's leaving the rankdown now. Rockstar is a houseguest from last year's Big Brother 20. She was very loyal to the self-destructive FOUTTE alliance and was very much against Brett and Angela. I remember she was very negative, ranting about how she dislike them and saying they come from privileged backgrounds. So, I was never a fan of Rockstar during the season. She had a very memorable moment the night Winston was evicted. Before the live vote, Brett claimed Rockstar tried to flip the vote in his favor. It was a lie, but Brett ended up staying and caused confusion within the FOUTTE alliance. After Winston walked out of the house, Rockstar confronted Brett and was outraged that he would lie about her. She was especially angry that he would say these things on her daughter's birthday.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Rockstar survived being on the block twice before she was nominated again by Kaycee. Hayleigh was actually the HoH, but Kaycee won the Hacker competition. Kaycee removed herself and anonymously named Rockstar as the replacement. Rockstar was furious, and she even confronted Kaycee that there were bigger targets than her. Kaycee denied being the Hacker as she only told her Level 6 allies. During the Veto competition, Rockstar made a costly error as she gave an answer away to Tyler. Had she not said anything, then she would've won the Veto and been safe that week. Alas, Tyler won the Veto and Rockstar was evicted from the house on her ally's HoH week. She was the second member of the jury and voted for Kaycee to win Big Brother 20. Anyway, Rockstar has her fans, but I never enjoyed her. So, since I like all the other nominees more than her, out goes Rockstar from the rankdown.

And I'm saving Jaclyn Misch.

IPB Image

STEPH AND KRISTEN

IPB Image

These noms were awful and they were the people I didn't recognize so I'm cutting them (I think I might've nommed them too lol). Steph LeClair and Kristen McKenzie are a Dating team and the Official Winners of The Amazing Race Canada 4. Lesbian goddesses yas. Their average placement is a solid 2.00 which is very incredible. Steph and Kristen were not actually particularly liked by the fanbase and also were despised by the other teams for their competitive behavior. They slayed in the finale and ended up winning the game. They became the first all-female team to win the Canadian edition of the show, as well as the first female winners of the Canadian edition, and the first lesbian team to win any edition of the program. Theyre also YouTubers now which is kinda cool.

s7-fFv0YrQc

Edited by thevoicefan45

"awful" and justified are two different words. If anything the majority of the contestants were awful, thus making my nominations justified. Steph and Kristen, who I knew about, were the biggest casualty because despite being from canada, I don't watch TAR Canada.

Edited by Solaris

Brittany & Jessica

IPB Image

And so, my first Amazing Race write-up comes. :giggle: Sorry I don't really know the opinion on these guys and whether they're well-liked on the forum but seeing as they're still on the table I'm gonna say hopefully they're not huge fan favorites. I do actually recognize these two though as I almost followed the god-awful idea of a 'social media' season. It sounds like Brittany and Jessica weren't exactly popular on their own season as well, being given no help in a roadblock despite others receiving help, and also other contestants making comment that they wouldn't be missed. It sounds like their last leg was a bit of a mess too and that they kinda gave up at the end. Nothing sticks out to me in what I've read about their time on the show, and also their post-exit interviews that I'm reading come across a little bitter but hey, can't really judge because I didn't see how they were portrayed. They're both super pretty though and after looking at Brittany's Instagram/her pageant history I'm guessing they were mostly just filler who were gonna end up on one of the CBS shows at some point. :lol: I hope this wasn't a too bad/fairly accurate first blind writeup for TAR anyway!

Edited by ImSomebody