Pokemon Rankdown 1.0

.Rei

GALLADE

IPB Image

Gallade, classified as the Blade Pokémon, is a dual Psychic and Fighting type introduced in Generation IV. Gallade is one of the final evolution forms of Ralts. Ralts evolves into Kirlia before evolving into either Gardevoir or Gallade. A Kirlia evolves into Gallade if the Kirlia is male and exposed to a Dawn Stone. Gallade's Attack and Special Attack are the reverse of Gardevoir's, too. Gallade is a bipedal Pokémon resembling a gladiator or a medieval knight. According to its Pokédex entry, Gallade is known to be a master of courtesy and swordsmanship. While protecting someone, Gallade will extend its elbows as swords while fighting. Gallade is also capable of sensing what its opponent is thinking, allowing Gallade to attack first with fierce and fast attacks. As for Pokémon battles, Gallade is very reliable thanks to its powerful Attack stat which can even be boosted with the accessibility to Swords Dance. If used correctly, Gallade can be a potential sweeper on a trainer's team thanks to its very high Attack stat and good Speed stat. In addition, Gallade is capable of Mega Evolution, increasing its power even more. Mega Gallade happens to have the highest Attack stat of all non-legendary Psychic Pokémon. Another cool fact is Gallade and Gardevoir are currently the only Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution from the same evolution line. I had a Gallade on one of my previous Pokémon teams, and he was dependable in battle. It's a shame to see Gallade go, but at least Gardevoir is still in the rankdown. Anyway, Gallade is a pretty cool Pokémon, but out it goes from the rankdown.

IPB Image

Bewear

IPB Image

I tried to do this yesterday but IDF decided to swallow it up (this forum actually dies but still manages to screw me over with that. Fitting). Anyway, I never cared for Bewear (or Stufful). I think I nominated both quite a few times, so at least I got rid of them at last. It's not that they are terrible, I just don't care for them, and think there are better pokemon that fill its role better. So, it's a normal/fighting type, which is a cool combo. It also has the Fluffy ability, which gives it some coverage against fighting moves (and flying, since the most used moves of that type are physical). But you still have psychic and fairy to deal with, no speed, and a frail-ish sp. defense. I think people are better off just using a pure normal type, or using a fighting/??? type pokemon, with ??? giving better coverage options (like Infernape and Toxicroak). Anyway, good run.

Edited by NGM

Lycanroc

IPB Image

I will take the 3-in-1 pokemon in case I run out of things to say so I can add fluff to this :* Jk, I actually like it a lot, so this should be easy. Design wise it's a pretty cool looking pokemon (with the Midnight and Dusk forms really killing it, like, that's all I want from a were-wolf and badass wolf designs). And since Sword & Shield are giving me my damn elephant pokemon, I need GameFreak to give me a great giraffe bc Girafarig ain't it) Also as a bonus, the Midday and Dusk forms are among the rare Rock type pokemon that aren't slow af. In fact, they have great speed stats, and get the pretty useful Accelerock move. On the bad side, all 3 forms tend to fall on the frail side, and Rock has many common counters (Water, Fighting, Steel and Ground are super common, and a ton of pokemon can use Solar Beam). So, you need a team that can make up for what Lycanroc can't give you. But again, not bad, and a cool designs more than earn it this good of a spot.

Edited by NGM

I will do my write-up tomorrow morning.

I am battling a horrible case of the flu. Sorry for being completely disappeared. Between the flu, work reports, Ph.D. applications, and birthdays/birth of my nephew, I am completely wiped out + without a functioning immune system. LOL.

Floette
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Fairy was introduced in Gen VI and with it a whole swathe of fairy-type Pokemon were added (like Floette) or retroactively retyped (like Granbull). And I have to say that I think Gen VI is great and this is one of the best changes in Pokemon. It makes sense to have a fairy-type for balance and it opens up a whole new world of strategy and helps offensively and defensively against the most unbalanced type in the game (Dragon). And the Flabébé line is the best fairy line there is. I mentioned when I cut Flaffy that I tend to like the starting Pokemon and the ending Pokemon in a three-part evolution line much more than the middle. But the Flabébé line is the exception because I love all three of these Pokemon. And while I love Flabébé for its cuteness and Florges for its incredible SpAtk and SpDef, Floette I love for the role it plays in the story of the games and in Pokemon Generations (like Pokemon Origins, a cooler anime). AZ is one of the more fleshed out characters in the Pokemon games and because of him we probably learn more lore about the Kalos region than any other region. Anyway, AZ loved his Floette so much that he used a powerful weapon to bring it back to life but also kind of destroyed a lot of people and Pokemon in the process and since has been wandering to atone for his actions and reunite with his Floette. It's touching.

Anyway, I love Floette.

Bellossom

IPB Image

I have made it known, that I really like the Oddish line. Bellossom is my favorite evolution. It came as an alternate evolution to Vileplume in Gen 2. This happens when Bellossom is exposed to the sunstone instead of the leaf stone. Bellossom is classified as the flower pokemon and gloom loses the poison evolution previously held by gloom, but retains grass. Stats are solid for that point in the game but it is so cute. Its basically resembles a hula dancer. Bellossom is weak to fire, ice, poison, bug and flying. It is strong against ground, water, grass and electric. It sucks I wasn't able to save Bellossom earlier in this round, but I am happy it got as far as it did. Top 100 baby!