Charmeleon: 7 points

Garchomp: 7 points

Snorlax: 6 points

Florges: 6 points

Lapras: 6 points

This is what I have now

Gengar

IPB Image

I made it no secret that I didn’t care for trade evolutions, so yeah not a fan of Gengar. It’s probably the one I like the most from Gen 1 if that helps. Anyway, time to write filler since it’s 2 write ups for this round and I need some sleep. It’s the final evolution of the Gastly line, and a dual Ghost/Poison type. You can pretty much get it whenever you want, you just need a Haunter and someone to trade with you. It has pretty good stats, especially in Speed and Special Attack, making it a good pick for a glass cannon. The Mega just further enhances that, making it really dangerous in battle. Anyway, good run.

Save: Mimikyu

Kommo-o

IPB Image

Kommo-o is a Dragon/Fighting type Pokémon introduced in Generation 7. It is known as the Scaly Pokémon. It has no desire to battle weak Pokemon. We love an elitist Pokemon. :dead: It evolves from Hakamo-o starting at level 45. It is the final form of Jangmo-o. It looks like it would be a legend Pokemon but it's not? :detective: Kommo-o appears to be based on a theropod dinosaur with some traits from ankylosaurs. It may also be based on a monk. Kommo-o's tail bears resemblance to a khakkhara and is used in a similar fashion. It's apparently a Pseudo-legendary Pokémon. What a good rank for Kommo-o.

Xatu
IPB Image

Xatu is a flying/psychic type first introduced in Gen II and while I liked it in Gen II, I kind of hate it now. Mostly because of Pokemon Go. But also partly because there are many better psychic and flying type Pokemon. And because there are so many other cooler psychic type Pokemon, Xatu just isn't that interesting to me. For a psychic-type it's special attack stat is only a 95 and with not other good stats to really back that up it remains not great for any sort of endgame use. It's a weirdo of a Pokemon though and I think making it this far is really good for it. But I don't have that much more to say.

Saving: Espeon

I was counting on you saving the Pokemon I wanted to surprise cut. :dead: And thanks for going after Gen 1 when I have made it clear that I was going after Starmie. :(

:?

Mew and Mewtwos cuts were coming. :haha: We are almost out of rounds, every cut left hurts.

Mewtwo

IPB Image

It is fitting that Mew and Mewtwo go out together. Mewtwo was brought back into the game after its premature elimination. This spot is fantastic for it. Mewtwo is the main legendary pokemon from Generation 1. It is a psychic type, and incredibly strong. It was created from Mews DNA. It wasn't really my goal to cut Mewtwo but the other Gen 1 I wanted to cut was saved, so thats unfortunate.

In later generations Mewtwo gained two Mega evolutions. One makes it looks like Freja from Dragon Ball Z, and the other gives it muscles and gains the fighting type evolution. Mewtwo is weak against Bug, Ghost and Dark moves, and in Gen 1 that really just means it was strong since there were no good bug moves, dark was non-existent and a good ghost move was rare. mewtwo is resistant against Psychic and fighting moves. He is a staple pokemon to the franchise, being included in many of the Smash Bros. games. Alas, his time has come.

Save: Kommo-o

Psyduck

IPB Image

With so many water type pokemon in Gen 1, you need to be truly special to stand out. And sadly the Psyduck line doesn’t do that for me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not the worst (Goldeen and Seaking, smile and wave), but you have strong competition for that spot on your team, and it just doesn’t deliver. None of its stats shines, it’s a “jack of all trades, master of none” type of pokemon, except it doesn’t have the BST to make it work (like Type: Null or Sylvally). Maybe if they give it a regional variation the can make something cool and more usable with it (Psyduck is like 2 steps away from being a platypus, use that for an Australian-inspired region? Idk). Anyway, good run.

Save: Umbreon