Nico - 4/20

Megan - 7/20 

Dee - 8/20

James - 14/20

Victoria - 20/20

STEVEN

ARCANINE

be90c2f5187281a0f7179c40c0211619.gif

Arcanine is my #2 all-time favorite Pokémon and an easy choice for my #1 ranking from this Top 20. I've included an Arcanine in many of my Pokémon teams throughout the generations. I've even got into competitive breeding for perfect IVs and EVs for Pokémon X, and I had a very reliable trio team of Arcanine, Dragonite, and Jolteon that helped me win a lot of online battles. And just recently, I've raised an Arcanine in Pokémon Sword (after receiving a Growlithe that was traded to me) and bred it to have perfect IVs, too. I've been enjoying having an Arcanine on my team now. Arcanine is the Pokémon that I believe I've used in most of my teams, too. Not only is Arcanine a powerful Pokémon that's reliable in battles, but its got an awesome design of a fiery, shaggy dog with tiger-like fur. It's no wonder Arcanine is a popular Pokémon, and I'm glad it's managed to make it into this Top 20 without ever being targeted (at least from what I recall). I think Arcanine could have a chance at winning this rankdown, and Arcanine would be a very worthy winner, too.

Arcanine, classified as the Legendary Pokémon, is a Fire type introduced in Generation I. Arcanine is the evolved form of Growlithe, which Growlithe can evolve into when exposed to a Fire Stone. Arcanine is a large canine Pokémon with an orange pelt and black stripes. It is also known to be a fiercely loyal Pokémon. According to its Pokédex entry, Arcanine has been long adored since Chinese legend. Its magnificence gives Arcanine a sense of majesty, meaning it's a Pokémon that's enchanted trainers since ancient times with its regal appearance. Arcanine's speed is also noted as it is capable of running 6,200 miles in a single day as if on wings. The fire that blazes inside its body is Arcanine's source of power. As for Pokémon battles, Arcanine has fantastic stats all-around. Whenever I use an Arcanine competitively, I like to have one with an Adamant nature to make use out of its mighty Attack stat. And due to Fire Blitz causing recoil damage, I also teach the Egg Move Morning Sun to Arcanine to heal itself. And if faced with a Water type, then Wild Charge is another move worth teaching Arcanine. I tend to use ExtremeSpeed as its fourth move, but Outrage or Crunch is another one worth teaching as well.

Overall, I do think Arcanine is a fantastic Pokémon. It's easily one of my favorites, and I hope to see Arcanine crowned the winner of this rankdown. If not, then hopefully Arcanine receives a very high ranking as I can't see many people tanking Arcanine's score. But if Arcanine falls short from the #1 spot, then at least one of my all-time favorites made it here to the Top 20.

giphy.gif

SOLA

Arcanine:

I kept it hidden for the entirety of the game, but I love Arcanine.  In my Top 5 Pokémon of all time and it was my pick to win this whole game as I was watching, and then when I was playing.  It is my second favorite Pokémon from Gen 1.  I typically trade off in Gen 1 between Arcanine and Starmie, depending on if I start with Charmander or Squirtle.  He is such a good boi.  He was made much better in later generations when Fire wasn’t making exclusive a special attack move set.  Because of his bulk (which pairs amazingly well with Intimidate ability), Arcanine does well with moves like Take Down and Flare blitz (which makes for a powerful STAB).  In later generations I have opted to put Play Rough on him, as it gives him some type coverage.  As you all know Arcanine evolves from Growlithe when you give it a fire stone.  Why would you not want an Arcanine on your team?  So it gets #2 on my rankings as it’s a very lovable Pokémon and one of my favorites over the last 2 decades!

NICO

4. Arcanine

tumblr_ma5ipjwV6p1rxsftpo1_500.gif

Arcanine or Houndoom can win the fire title and I would be completely happy with either. I love dogs so like, yeah, I default love them as well. Arcanine is just it tho. Since I hated Charizard on Gen 1, this pretty much left Arcanine as the only good fire type pokemon, and holy crap it’s good. It is an all-around good pokemon. Nothing is above 110 (which is still pretty high) and nothing goes below 80 (which is pretty good). You can run a variety of moves thanks to its wide movepool and good attack and special attack stats, plus it also has the speed to deliver. No wonder this was almost a legendary, if you give it the extra 45 BST it could do wonders. But as it is, it does so much. Hopefully it does well in the rankdown and gets a good spot.

REI

BT059.png

Arcanine The Legendary Pokemon! It was a tough battle between Squirtle and Arcanine and before the final rankings were sent (James's) both Pokemon were tie in first place. But James sealed the deal with him tanking Arcanine's ranking and giving Squirtle #1. I would have loved to see Arcanine won and for some time I though he was actually going to do it as Arcanine seemed to be loved by everybody but #2 is not a bad placement considering there were 827 Pokemon at the beginning of this and nearly a year ago 😮   

Arcanine is quite a legend in the Pokemon world. One of the best design ever. One of the best Gen I Pokemon. One of the best Fire Pokemon. One of the best Dog Pokemon. One of the best movesets ever. Killer stats. Just a legend.

Arcanine is a fire canine pokemon that kinda resembles a tiger due to his orange body and black stripes. It is a fire Pokemon and it evolves from Growlithe when exposed to a Fire Stone. Arcanine has a total of 555 BST which gives one of the highest stats of none Legendary Pokemon, Mythical, Mega, Pseudo-Legendary or Ultra Beast, only after Slaking and Whishiwashi (School Form) I believe. Arcanine is only weak to Ground, Rock and Water and it's resistant to Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass, Ice and Fairy. What I love the most about Arcanine is its moveset: Extreme Speed, Burn up, Crunch, Take Down, Flamethrower, Play Rough and Flare Blitz can all be learned at level 1. And you can teach Arcanine many more incredible moves for type coverage that will Arcanine a force to be reckon in your team. To end this, I love Arcanine and it is a fantastic Pokemon and I'm glad he wasn't done wrong and finish as the runner-up of this unpredictable Rankdown. My ranking: 4/20

MEGAN

Arcanine

giphy.mp4

giphy.mp4

tumblr_pfavk2OZDY1sgge6vo1_400.giftumblr_pfavk2OZDY1sgge6vo1_400.gif

WHAT A SWEET BABY. All my favorite Pokemon are based off dogs. Except the ones that are based off of cats, bats, and monkeys. Or just things like Toxtricity. Anyway, Arcanine being a canine (it’s in the name) is a sweet baby. Ugh that gif of it feeding little baby Growlithes berries. UGH BREAKS MY HEART FROM CUTENESS. I’ve experienced maternal feelings twice in my life: that gif of Arcanine feeding baby Growlithes and whenever I see Baby Yoda. 

Anyway, Arcanine is the “Legendary†Pokemon, except it’s not legendary at all. And though its signature move is Extremespeed, it only has a speed of 95. As a fake Legendary (as opposed to a pseudo legendary) it has great stats with a BST of 555. You can get your own Arcanine by evolving Growlithe with a Fire Stone. Like most Pokemon that evolve via evolutionary stones, it does not learn any moves through leveling up. So before the advent of unlimited use TMs, it used to be a careful balance of figuring out what moves you wanted your Arcanine to know through Growlithe and if you wanted to waste your previous TMs. Now that there are so many good moves and unlimited use TMs you may as well just evolve your Growlithe ASAP and get the pure fire beast Arcanine. 

DEE

#8. Arcanine (Generation I)

giphy.gif

Arcanine. Good doggo.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Another Generation I ICON in my Top 10. Shocked? Surprised? 😘😘😘 

The Legendary Pokémon, Arcanine is a Fire-type Pokémon introduced to the series during Generation I. Arcanine evolves from Growlithe when exposed to a Fire Stone. Fiercely loyal and extraordinarily brave, Arcanine to me stands out as the first awe-inspiring and truly badass Pokémon. Just look at Arcanine.  :wub:

Arcanine became a Pokémon legend renowned for its beauty, which is particularly noticeable when Arcanine agilely runs with such grace. Arcanine appears to be flying when running, and will even attract its worshippers to move as well. What powers Arcanine to run so gallantly? The fire in its soul and body. 6200 miles in 24 hours. WORKOUT GOALS. When Arcanine barks, people grovel at the majesty of its voice. Legends of the East tell of Arcanine fighting alongside generals and conquering countries. An imperialistic, majestic, in-shape dog with devoted followers? LIFE GOALS.

But seriously. I love the entire backstory of Arcanine. I love the design. I love its personality. Pretty much loved every single appearance made by Arcanine throughout the anime and manga. My favorite Arcanine moment would be its gym battle against Giovannian in The Battle of the Badgethough. Just such a cool Pokémon.

Awesome for gameplay as well. 555 base stat total. Only three weaknesses to Ground, Rock, and Water Pokémon. Six resistances to Ice, Fire, Grass, Fairy, Steel, and Bug Pokémon species. Intimidate and Flash Fire starting abilities. Hidden ability of Justified. EV Yield of 2 Attack. 17.5% Catch Rate. Slow Leveling Rate. One of my favorite movesets. Extreme Speed, Burn Up, Flame Wheel, Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Crunch, Play Rough, and Flare Blitz can all be learned at Level 1.

All-around badass. One of the coolest Pokémon ever. Definitely deserves to rank high. The end.

JAMES

014. ARCANINE (#059)

7c0628d990a1e6b3b85bcfe68a6ec9a15529aa4b

This fluffy canine has much respect and has done well to avoid much of the Gen. I petty purge efforts! :dead: Arcanine, and likewise Growlithe, are of course adorable and fun Pokémon to include on their teams. I'm pretty content with it landing wherever, but am comfortable ranking it here in the mid-low range.

Arcanine is a pure Fire-type known as the "Legendary Pokémon". It evolves from Growlithe when exposed to a Fire Stone. In addition to resembling a dog, it has a fit pattern reminiscent of a tiger. This amplifies its fierce nature.;)

Capturing it already evolved is relatively unlikely, without the MissingNo. Hack at least. But capturing a Growlithe in Kanto isn't terribly difficult, thankfully. You can find them in Blue/Red along Routes 7 + 8, as well as at the Pokémon Mansion. In Yellow, you'll only find it at the latter. In Johto (Gold/Silver/Crystal), additional locations are available to make your life even easier! :w00tbounce:

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! 👋

6f59360f845c30eeaf63d1c38129a91eec08fd11

VICTORIA

Arcanine

Spr_1b_059.png

Did Victoria just rank Arcanine, a Gen I Pokémon last? Yes, I did. This Rankdown has been a nightmare to get through, no offense to Rei because he did a great hosting but this one got to me. :dead: Pokémon of all things. Maybe it was the timing of it all with all my issues and deaths in my family. But some people did not make it better so I'm assuming this is a favorite of someone's so I am ranking it dead last. And before they can respond, yes I know it beat my favorite. I actually don't care who wins this thing in the slightest tbh. So Arcanine is a Fire-type Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Growlithe when exposed to a Fire Stone. I love it but so does someone else so dead last it goes. There goes that Gen 1 bias you speak of. It's classified as a Legendary Pokémon on Bulbapedia? Where? Not in my world.

Squirtle was in James, Victoria and Dee’s top 5

Arcanine was in Sola, Nico and Steven’s top 5

Edited by .Rei

Lol I feel like Dee wins every Rankdown he’s part of :haha:

Just now, Solaris said:

less that and more Victoria.  

Squirtle is my #1. Victoria ranked Squirtle #2. 

adorable pokemon GIF

I have only won with Jerri Manthey :(

Arcanine (my winner pick even though I ranked him #2) and Nicole Sherzinger coming close though ❤️   I think I had a couple other close ones too.

Because you both pick generic relatively fan favorite options?  Or because you rank well?  :haha:

Just now, Solaris said:

Because you both pick generic relatively fan favorite options?  Or because you rank well?  :haha:

We rank well. And tend to make good deals instead of killing our chances of ever winning by playing a messy game. And we actually rank our favorites at the top. And have good ass taste.

IDK,  what you call a messy game, sure as heck wasn't mine.  Getting all your favs to the second last round and 3 of them to the Top 20 (or hell 4 of them in Nicos case), id say thats playing pretty amazing games.