James - 6/20

Dee - 7/20

Sola - 10/20

Steven - 10/20

Victoria - 19/20

REI

128px-Shuffle229.png128px-Shuffle229M.png

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: 
I'm glad Houndooum is pretty much liked/loved by everybody so it found a way to made this top 20 without being targeted more than once. Houndoom is one of my favorite Pokemon ever and it's one that absolutely deserved its place here. Houndoom debuted in the Gen 2 games and immediately stood out because of its cool design, cool typing and just badass presence. As you know by now, Dark is my favorite type, and they just didn't hold back with the Dark Pokemon in the Gen 2. So many great Dark pokemon were introduced (Houndoom, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Sneasel) that to this day still remain up there in the top. Houndoom is a doggy with the Dark and Fire dual typing that makes it only weak to Fighting, Ground, Rock and Water. Houndoom has a total of 500 BTS with both attacks getting the most points. If you get the Houndoomite you can evolve it to Mega Houndoom and take advantage of those 600 BST with a  even higher Sp. Attack and a much improved Speed. Houndoom can learn by leveling up many great attacks like Inferno, Foul Play, Flamethrower and Crunch. You can also use TM/TR to teach Houndoom moves like Hyper Beam, Solar Beam, Fire Blast, Overheat and Giga Impact, so you can take advantage of those Attack and Sp. Attack points. Mega Houndoom also has a sick design that made it just more scary and but cool af. As a kid I used to have a Rottweiler so you can easily see why I would instantly love Houndour/Houndoom when they showed up in the Pokemon World. Why didn't they include Houndoom on Shield/Sword? I'd never know. But I hope is one of the Pokemon that gets added with the upcoming DLC's this year. I hope Victoria didn't have to tank Houndoom rankings so maybe it could have made the top 3 like it should have in the first place 😥

My ranking: 2/20

MEGAN

Houndoom

tumblr_p5y92svPYj1vpbs3jo1_400.gif

giphy.mp4

tumblr_pbg911RPDn1sgge6vo1_400.gif

It’s incredible that I like Sword and Shield as much as I do and really a testament to its quality that it’s so great despite so many of my favorite Pokemon being cut. That’s my poor lead into saying that Houndoom is one of my favorite Pokemon. It’s like a cute dog. With a sharper edge to it than its approximate Gen I counterparts Vulpix and Ninetails, Houndoom matches its dark-type with a design that makes it look cool, cute, and intimidating all at the same time. 

As much as I like the design of Houndoom I wonder if it should have both horns and ears. Would that make it cuter????

Anyway, Houndoom is a cool Pokemon that is a solid choice for your roster with a BST of 500 with 90 in attack and 110 Special Attack. It would likely benefit from having those two stats switched considering most of the fire and dark type moves it can learn from both leveling up and TMs are physical. You’d be best teaching it Dark Pulse via technical machine. It has a Mega Evolution that boosts its defenses, speed, and Special Attack even further. 

Houndoom is a perpetual member of my Gen II teams even though I often choose Cyndaquil as my starter most often. GameFreak needs to make Fire-Types less cool so that I don’t have to double up on Fire-Types in like every gen. 

NICO

5. Houndoom

Doggo #2 goes here. You could apply almost everything I said about Arcanine to Houndoom tbh and it would be accurate. I wasn’t as prone to using it since it had to compete with Arcanine (plus Typhlosion was my #2 among the starters and I used it a few times). But still, everything I could want in a pokemon. Good special attack and speed, plus the added bonus of being dark type? Sold. They also added the mega, and 10/10 design for me. Houndoom was already the evil spawn from Hell it should always be, but the Mega was a pretty nice facelift (and it’s f*cking badass).

JAMES

006. HOUNDOOM (#229)

tumblr_mgqhz8uRaN1rp6axuo1_500.gif

Houndoom is an incredible Pokémon and I'm thrilled that it has made it into our Top 20! :w00twave: This fierce pooch was one of my favorites in Gen. II, from my favorite set of games: Silver/Gold/Crystal. I still love Poochyena and Mightyena, so I'm ecstatic that at least one of this sort has come all this way.

Now, Houndoom is a dual-type Dark/Fire combination, known as the "Dark Pokémon", appropriately enough. It evolves from the cutie Houndour, which I also love (go figure), at Level 24. It can also Mega Evolve into Mega Houndoom using the Houndoominite. Already looking ferociously intimidating in its natural form, its Mega form sees its steel bodice and dagger tail maximize its power and potency. :shock:

One cannot locate Houndoom throughout the Johto wild, however. But that means you get to catch a Houndour first, and that's magnificent news. 😄 You will locate it along Route 7, but only at Night. Get it, raise it, and cherish it. You shan't regret it!

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! 👋

bc8.gif

DEE

#7. Houndoom (Generation II)

tumblr_pbg911RPDn1sgge6vo1_400.gif

Houndoom is one Pokémon that I wanted in the finals from the very announcement of this game. So I am more than happy to see I at least got one of my wishes carried out in this game. Not that I had to try very hard, Houndoom seemed to be safe for the majority of the game tbh. Is everybody a secret Houndoom fan? Is Houndoom going to win? OMG.  :wub: In all seriousness, Houndoom is absolutely one of my favorite Pokémon ever and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a high ranking. 

Known as The Dark Pokémon, Houndoom is a dual-type Dark/Fire Pokémon introduced to the series during Generation II. Houndoom evolves from Houndour starting at Level 24. Houndoom is also capable of Mega Evolution using the Houndoominite. And might I say, Mega Houndoom might be my favorite Mega Evolution. That design is sickening. This hellhound is capable of striking fear into any Pokémon that hears its eerie howls. Legends tell of people likening this howl to the sounds of the Grim Reaper. Houndoom is not frightening by howl alone. This canine is full of toxins burning in its body, causing the flame it shoots from its mouth to smell pungently. If hit by this flame, the pain from the burn will never dissipate. This species is not only aggressive to others, but will fight within its pack to claim a leadership position. The leader of a Houndoom pack can be distinguished by its backwards-facing horns. Mega Houndoom's body generates so much heat that its tail tips begin to melt. This high internal body temperature actually harms Houndoom itself. Though any opponent hit by the fiery breath of Mega Houndoom is turn to ash.

Houndoom has a base stat total of 500, with a Defense of 50 as its true weak point. Mega Houndoom has a base stat total of 600, and with a much improved Defense stat of 90. Houndoom uses the starting abilities of Early Bird and Flash Fire. Houndoom's hidden ability is Unnerve. Mega Houndoom uses the ability of Solar Power. Slow leveling rate. 11.9% Catch Rate. EV Yield of 2 Special Attack. Immune to Psychic Pokémon. Resistant to Ghost, Ice, Steel, Fire, Grass, and Dark Pokémon. Though Houndoom does have four weaknesses to Fighting, Ground, Water, and Rock Pokémon. Pretty varied and awesome moveset that includes Inferno and Thunder Fang. Just a brute to play with.

But my main reasons for loving Houndoom lie within its design and anime appearances. Harrison's Houndoom was just so cool. Or in Houndoom's Special Delivery when a sweet little Doomy saved Misty's Togapei and returned it to her. Or in Mega Evolution Special IV, when Mega Houndoom battled Mega Charizard. SICKENING. Houndoom is the perfect Pokémon. Dark. Interesting. Powerful. Alluring. Really pulling for a top 10 finish.

SOLA

Houndoom:

Look at that good boi.  Houndoom is a great Pokémon that was introduced in the second generation.  It was given the dark and fire typing.  You get it by evolving Houndour at level 24.  In gen 6 Houndoom was given additional love when it became eligible go Mega evolve.  Its mega evolution has a 600 BST, with enormous special attack and great speed. Houndoom also brings with it immunity to psychic type moves.  Its dual typing gives it a number of resistances including: Dark, Ice, Fire, Steel, Ghost and Grass.    Houndoom covers his basis by naturally getting special type fire moves like inferno, flamethrower and ember.  He gets some physical and dark coverage with bite, crunch and foul play.  I had one on my team, and it’s one of my favorite second gens.  Very happy Houndoom is in this final ranking.

STEVEN

HOUNDOOM

3e50d216f5c750d8b6af2c1eb322461f08a82130

Houndoom, classified as the Dark Pokémon, is a dual Dark and Fire type introduced in Generation II. Houndoom is the evolved form of Houndour. Houndour can evolve into Houndoom when it reaches level 24. Houndoom is also capable of Mega Evolution. Houndoom resembles a Dobermann in appearance, but it is also reminiscent of hellhounds too. According to its Pokédex entry, it is said that its eerie howls were so fearsome that people long ago used to think it was the call of the grim reaper. In addition, if you get burned by the flames of a Houndoom, then the pain will never go away. As for Pokémon battles, Houndoom can be quite reliable with its high offensive stats and Speed. Houndoom is a Pokémon I've considered including on my teams over the years, but I never did. Nonetheless, I still like Houndoom enough to rank it within my Top 10 out of this final group.

tumblr_static_tumblr_mzzhfrnwoe1t6w0hno5

VICTORIA

Houndoom

Spr_2g_229.png

Another Fire Pokémon ranked low? Yes, I did. I know Charizard is not going to win so I want to at least try to make him the last Fire Pokémon. That is probably not going to happen either but I can try. I think this is someone's favorite too so I'm ranking it low for that reason too. I had many cuts that cut so I'm going to make these ranks count. Will I succeed? Nope, but oh well. :dead: Houndoom s a dual-type Dark/Fire Pokémon introduced in Generation II. It evolves from Houndour starting at level 24. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Houndoom using the Houndoominite. It's classified as the Dark Pokémon. It ranks #19 for me so there goes that Gen II bias you speak of.

Dee:

02. Haunter

03. Decidueye

04. Snorlax

06. Lucario

07. Houndoom

09. Articuno

10. Charizard

12. Ampharos

13. Krookodile

14. Noivern

15. Tyranitar