Steven - 13/20

Dee - 14/20

MEGAN

Noivern

giphy.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

noivern-gif-8.gif

My favorite animals: Bats, Dogs, cats, frogs, monkeys. My favorite Pokemon types: Dragon, Psychic, Fighting. My favorite colors: Violet, Green, Black. WOW SEEMS LIKE NOIVERN HITS SO MANY OF THOSE CATEGORIES. It’s no wonder that Noivern is my third favorite Pokemon of all time. Actually with the introduction of Toxtricity it falls to fourth. Toxtricity also happens to be purple. Just like my favorite Espeon. Clearly making a Pokemon purple makes me inclined to like it more. (There are plenty of purple Pokemon I do not like that much though). 

First introduced in Gen VI, Noivern is like a cooler upgrade of another favorite of mine: Crobat. Fast Pokemon with good all-around stats but trading the poison type for the dragon type. Thus making it cooler than Crobat. (Sorry Poison but as we all know there is only one great Poison Pokemon: Toxtricity). Noivern doesn’t reach the same stat highs as the Pseudo-Legendaries but I’d argue very strongly and adamantly that it has a better design than pretty much all of those Pokemon. You have to spend 48 levels with Noibat to get a Noivern but I’d argue it’s worth it because Noivern is cool and Noibat is adorable!

REI

BT715.png

I love Noivern so much and I'm super happy that he made it all the way to #8. Noivern is easily one of my favorite dragon pokemon and its design is one of my top favorites as well. The whole bat dragon thing and its loudspeakers ears are just so cool. Noivern comes from the underrated Gen VI and evolves from the super cute Noibat starting at level 48. Like I said earlier, I only watched the anime until the Johto league and I'm reading Ash manage to capture a Noivern, how was he able to accomplish that???? Because of the dual typing of Dragon/Flying, Noivern is weak to Rock, Dragon, Ice and Fairy and is immune to Ground. It also has five resistances with Fighting, Bug, Fire, Water and Grass. A total of 535 BST with 123 only to speed while the rest of points pretty much evenly spread in the other stats. It may not have the greatest Attack and Defense, but who cares???? Noivern doesn't care about that, only about being cool af. STAB include Dragon Pulse, Hurricane, Dragon Claw, Outrage, Dragon Rush,  but who cares??? Noivern only cares about looking cool af while doing attacks. There are only certain Pokemon that I'd own would Pokemon exist and Noivern would definitely be one. Noivern would join the team with my Flygon cause duh, my Joltik (who I won't let evolve so it can be cute forever and ever), my good boi Houndoom, my scary looking but really soft inside Tyranitar and my Toxtricity cause he is the new guy in the block and we just want to hang out with him :wub: Anyway, love Noivern and thank god Megan fought hard for Noivern so it could be in this top 20.

My ranking: 5/20

SOLA

Noivern:

Our last standing dragon and the last member of Gen 6.  Noivern also has the flying type.  These two typing’s give Noivern a 4 times weakness to ice, yikes, but also a weakness to Rock, Dragon and Fairy.  The flying type does give immunity to ground though, and a 4 times resistance to grass.  I like my Noivern to have frisk, so it can identify any held items the enemy has.  You get a Noivern by evolving a Noibat at level 48.  I do wish Kommo-o had been the last dragon standing, but I do really like Noivern well, and it was probably the best choice to represent Gen 6 in the final ranking.  It gets some powerful normal moves like Super fang and Boom burst.  But it also gets STAB in the form of Hurricane, and dragon pulse.  All in all, a solid Pokémon.

NICO

9. Noivern

I find the dragon type to be overrated as hell (duh, GameFreak pretty much made it so your reaction to it is either love or hate until the introduction of Fairy types), but I really like this one, shockingly. Part of it is its design (weirdly cool, so yeah, really like it) and part of it is bc it comes from a time where dragons aren’t the be all / end all of the game. They are still powerful, but GameFreak at least finally addressed the balance issue the game had for generations. Maybe as time goes on I will start to like more dragon pokemon, but this (along with pokemon like Flygon, MemExegutor, Rayquaza and Salamence) is a good representative for the type imo.

JAMES

NOIVERN

giphy.mp4

Eventually, I'll get to play X/Y. And when I do, I'm definitely going to include Noivern in my party. :spaz: It has an awesome design and seems like a fierce choice to battle with. Love that it cracked our Top 20! Nice that it is representing the sixth generation as well.

Noivern is a dual-type Flying/Dragon Pokémon, and one of the few with Flying as its primary typing. It is known as the "Sound Wave Pokémon", and evolves from the adorable Noibat at Level 48. A mystical bat with huge speakers for ears? Hell yes! :))

You cannot locate Noivern throughout the Kalos wild, however. You must locate a Noibat first, then evolve it. Fortunately, there are several prime locations! :flowers: The most ideal is Terminus Cave. But you can also find it along Victory Road. And if all else fails, you will be able to snag one in the Dragon version of the Friend Safari.

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! 👋

ImperfectAmpleChevrotain-small.gif

VICTORIA

Noivern

Spr_6x_715.png
Oh, this Pokémon. I only kept it around for Megan because I wanted it gone a long time ago. I think the design of the Pokémon scare me which is why I want it gone. I have to know the Pokémon and it has to be cute for me to care about it and Noivern has none of those qualities for me. Noivern is a dual-type Flying/Dragon Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Noibat starting at level 48. All of this information and I sill don't care. It's known as the Sound Wave Pokémon. It literally looks like it could from a Godzilla movie. Noivern scares me, please go away

STEVEN

NOIVERN

tumblr_o75duiNIdv1r8sc3ro1_500.gif

Noivern, classified as the Sound Wave Pokémon, is a dual Flying and Dragon type introduced in Generation VI. Noivern is the evolved form of Noibat, which Noibat can evolve into at level 48. Noivern is a large draconic Pokémon resembling a wyvern and a bat. According to its Pokédex entry, Noivern can be a ruthless and aggressive Pokémon. Since no Pokémon can best Noivern in a battle in the dark, Noivern will fly around on moonless nights when attacking prey. Its ultrasonic waves are also strong enough to crush boulders into pebbles. As for Pokémon battles, Noivern is one of the fastest Pokémon available to trainers. Trainers should make use out of its Speed by adding a Noivern with a Timid nature. I temporarily had a Noivern on my Pokémon Sword team, but I now use it as an alternate. Noivern is a pretty cool Pokémon. Although it wouldn't be my first choice as the last remaining Dragon type in this game, I still like Noivern enough to rank it at this spot on my list.

noivern-gif-9.gif

DEE

#14. Noivern (Generation VI)

giphy.gif

The Sound Wave Pokémon, Noivern is a dual-type Flying/Dragon Pokémon introduced to the series during Generation VI. Noivern evolves from Noibat starting at Level 48. Congratulations on pushing Noivern into the finals Megan. I like Noivern, but not enough to place this species in the top half of my ranking. I really love and am attached to my Top 13, so Noivern falls right outside of that group. A Pokémon that is cool and that I appreciate, but do not really love all that much.

Noivern is known for its violent temper, but can be calmed down if approached with an offering of its favorite ripe fruit. Most notably, Noivern has two ears that resemble loudspeakers. Noivern uses these waves to freely navigate through darkness. Even cooler, Noivern produces ultrasonic waves from these ears that are strong enough to shatter large boulders. Noivern flies around on moonless nights attack careless prey with these ultrasonic waves and then finishing them off with its fangs. 

Noivern uses the starting abilities of Frisk and Infiltrator, and uses the hidden ability of Telepathy. Medium Fast Levelin Rate. 11.9% Catch Rate. EV Yield 2 Speed. 535 base stat total with all stats being all-around good. Five resistances to Fighting, Bug, Fire, Water, and Grass species. An immunity to Ground species. Double weakness to Ice species and normal weaknesses to Rock, Dragon, and Fairy species. Really powerful moves in the moveset such as Dragon Pulse, Air Slash, Hurricane, and Boomburst. Varied moves in the moveset. Pretty great for in-game use tbh.

Noivern has some notable appearances thus far in the anime and manga, with the best appearance coming from its battle with Zapdos in An Electrifying Rage!. Really cool Pokémon. But. Crobat > Noivern. So Noivern ranks 14th.

Dee:

02. Haunter

03. Decidueye

04. Snorlax

06. Lucario

09. Articuno

13. Krookodile

14. Noivern

15. Tyranitar

16. Piplup

17. Infernape

18. Milotic

19. Scraggy

20. Starmie

James:

02. Scraggy

03. Articuno

04. Krookodile

05. Haunter

09. Noivern

10. Lucario

12. Tyranitar

15. Decidueye

16. Snorlax

17. Infernape

18. Piplup

19. Starmie

20. Milotic

Megan:

01. Infernape

02. Noivern

05. Tyranitar

09. Lucario

10. Snorlax

13. Haunter

14. Decidueye

15. Krookodile

16. Articuno

17. Milotic

18. Scraggy

19. Piplup

20. Starmie

Nico:

02. Tyranitar

03. Lucario

08. Infernape

09. Noivern

10. Snorlax

12. Milotic

13. Articuno

14. Starmie

15. Decidueye

16. Piplup

17. Krookodile

18. Scraggy

19. Haunter

Rei:

01. Tyranitar

05. Noivern

06. Decidueye

07. Snorlax

08. Infernape

09. Milotic

14. Lucario

15. Starmie

16. Haunter

17. Scraggy

18. Articuno

19. Krookodile

20. Piplup

Sola:

01. Decidueye

03. Starmie

04. Piplup

06. Milotic

07. Noivern

11. Krookodile

12. Lucario

14. Infernape

16. Snorlax

17. Scraggy

18. Tyranitar

19. Haunter

20. Articuno

Steven:

03. Milotic

05. Articuno

09. Haunter

11. Snorlax

12. Infernape

13. Noivern

14. Krookodile

15. Scraggy

16. Decidueye

17. Piplup

18. Tyranitar

19. Starmie

20. Lucario

Victoria:

03. Piplup

04. Snorlax

05. Haunter

07. Articuno

08. Lucario

09. Tyranitar

10. Decidueye

11. Infernape

13. Noivern

14. Milotic

15. Starmie

16. Scraggy

18. Krookodile

Left: Ampharos, Arcanine, Blastoise, Charizard, Houndoom, Squirtle and Umbreon

Dee:

James:

Megan:

Nico:

Rei:

Sola:

Steven:

Victoria:

Glad that Noivern and Lucario at least made it to the Top 10, I knew it was gonna be an uphill battle for any post-Gen 2 pokemon, but those 2 are great.

Honestly surprised I haven't lost my #1 yet. And beyond surprised that both Squirtle and Blastoise are in the Top 7.

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

I'm surprised Ampharos is the last post-Gen 2 Pokémon left. Such an odd choice.

There are no post-Gen 2 Pokemon left:

Gen 1: Arcanine, Blastoise, Charizard, Squirtle

Gen 2: Ampharos, Houndoom, Umbreon

Edited by reimaldonado