Pokemon Rankdown 1.0

.Rei

terrified about these nominations :haha:

We gonna lose 14 favorites! Actually IDK.

IDK who all has started Sword/Shield besides Megan and I, but my Scorbunny is hard carrying. My favorite fire type starter since Gen 1.

Edited by Solaris

Things I like about Sword and Shield a game that I like a lot through 5 badges:

1. I had to think in some gyms. The ghost gym nearly f*cked me up and I was ready for the fairy gym with my poison pokemon only for the first two Pokemon for the gym leader to be resistant/immune to poison.

2. Opal.

3. The Pokemon are good. The Pokemon camping animations are good. The Pokemon eating curry animations are good. I also like how different Pokemon get different amounts of curry.

4. The music is extremely good.

5. Hype battles.

Things I like about Sword and Shield a game that I like a lot through 5 badges:

1. I had to think in some gyms. The ghost gym nearly f*cked me up and I was ready for the fairy gym with my poison pokemon only for the first two Pokemon for the gym leader to be resistant/immune to poison.

2. Opal.

3. The Pokemon are good. The Pokemon camping animations are good. The Pokemon eating curry animations are good. I also like how different Pokemon get different amounts of curry.

4. The music is extremely good.

5. Hype battles.

I echo much of this. I am approaching the 4th gym. I should hit it tonight!

I forgot to mention the Overworld animations for some Pokemon. Those are good and they show personality of the Pokemon! For example pokemon like Yamper and Growlithe follow you when they see you. They don't try to initiate combat, it really seems like they want to play. Elektrike however WILL NOT STOP CHASING YOU AND DOES WANT TO FIGHT. Pokemon like Noivern and Wimpod see you and immediately start running away making them much more difficult to actually battle to catch.

I forgot to mention the Overworld animations for some Pokemon. Those are good and they show personality of the Pokemon! For example pokemon like Yamper and Growlithe follow you when they see you. They don't try to initiate combat, it really seems like they want to play. Elektrike however WILL NOT STOP CHASING YOU AND DOES WANT TO FIGHT. Pokemon like Noivern and Wimpod see you and immediately start running away making them much more difficult to actually battle to catch.

trying to catch a wimpod was extremely difficult for me. I had to get on my bike and chase them down. Took many attempts. Even worse is they run from battle, if they don't die immediately from a hit. I got lucky with a Dusk Ball throwing at it immediately. I got a Noibat from a raid, so can't comment on that one.

trying to catch a wimpod was extremely difficult for me. I had to get on my bike and chase them down. Took many attempts. Even worse is they run from battle, if they don't die immediately from a hit. I got lucky with a Dusk Ball throwing at it immediately. I got a Noibat from a raid, so can't comment on that one.

I got my Wimpod by actually seeing it pop up, fighting a Shellos and then because it sets up the animation again being lucky enough to run into it and then also getting lucky with a Dusk ball. The Noibat I had to do in a similar way. It doesn't help that they were like a 10% spawn to the Croagunk/Shellos 90% rate. :haha:

I will say that I also think there's A LOT of variety in the routes as well.