Pokemon Rankdown 1.0

.Rei

if idf had a better search engine and the rest of the thread wasn't eaten, i'd make a compilation of every single time you've posted "x pokemon is a huge threat to win" or some variation of that.

That tends to be my justification for taking out big names. :haha:

LUXRAY

IPB Image

Luxray, classified as the Gleam Eyes Pokémon, is an Electric type introduced in Generation IV. Luxray is the final evolved form of Shinx. Shinx first evolves into Luxio at level 15. Afterwards, Luxio will evolve into Luxray at level 30. Luxray is a lion-like Pokémon. According to its Pokédex entry, Luxray's eyes are capable of seeing through anything - even solid walls. When using this power, Luxray's eyes will gleam gold (hence its classification as the Gleam Eyes Pokémon). This skill enables Luxray to easily track prey or seek its lost young. It's a very useful ability for scouting for danger. As for Pokémon battles, Luxray has a very high Attack stat. Its other stats are solid too, but trainers are better off utilizing its physical power to be an all-out attacker. I do like Luxray and once had one on one of my Pokémon teams, but this is the cut I'm choosing to make. Nonetheless, congrats to Luxray on lasting this long!

IPB Image

Zebstrika

IPB Image

Hoping I don't win a title bc of this

Since I know the other 2 pokemon I want out are on the radar of other people, I'm gonna take the shot and make Ampharos the top electric pokemon <3 Don't get me wrong, I love our final 3, but Ampharos is far and away my fave of them. But that doesn't mean Zebstrika is awesome in its own right. Design? A+. Making a stylized electric zebra is such a cool design, thank god they didn't drop the ball here (meanwhile I'm still waiting for my f*cking giraffe). Probably my only issue (and it's the same with Luxray except that I want Luxray to gain the dark type as well) is that I wish Sp. Atk stat switched with its Atk, or that they started putting out more viable moves for physical electric pokemon. At least Zebstrika has its Motor Drive or Lighting Rod ability, plus a solid Sp. Atk to still be pretty good in-game. Hopefully both get a much needed boost when they remake Gen IV and V. But as it is, I love it just the same.

023. TYPHLOSION (#157)

IPB Image

Typhlosion has come a long, long way. Kudos on nearly cracking the final level! While trying to determine what to cut, I felt that this would be a solid placement. Terrific, in fact! :yes: Much like Feraligatr or Samurott were abundance of their respective type, I felt like there were enough other starters and/or Fire Pokémon to represent in the Top 20. This doesn't mean Typhlosion is anything BUT a wonderful, magnificent Pokémon!

Now, Typhlosion is the final evolution of the Fire-type starter line from Gen. II, known as the "Volcano Pokémon". (Looking at the above GIF, it is apropos.) It begins with the adorable Cyndaquil, who evolves into the scrappy Quilava at Level 14. Subsequently, that'll evolve into the beastly Typhlosion at Level 36. :wub:

IPB Image

In the beloved Gold/Silver/Crystal games, one cannot locate it in the Johto region's wild, of course. You must choose the Fire starter at the beginning, from Professor Elm in New Bark Town, and evolve it as described above. Duh! :sorcerer: I've played with it before, and it is absolutely a wise life choice. Megan will concur!

Pretty badass, yet simultaneously cute. But like Water, there was a Fire surplus. Congrats on making the Top 25! We bid it adieu here. :wave:
Edited by ePastorJames