Pokemon Rankdown 1.0

.Rei

I expect you to rank it low, but I am actually referring to 2 others. :haha:

I'm not going to rank it low.

with the nearly ~1000 pokemon in existence, starmie falls in my bottom 100 so no this is no consolation.

HOWLING: DEAD:

If only I was able to advance one Pokémon at the very least before all the cutting happened. >.<

I would have put Dragonite through instead of Puplip had you not worked behind the scenes to get Bulbasaur cut instead of Gardevoir.

I would have put Dragonite through instead of Puplip had you not worked behind the scenes to get Bulbasaur cut instead of Gardevoir.

Really? You never mentioned helping out Dragonite before the Bulbasaur cut though. :detective: And how was me trying to save my favorite worse than cutting Mew and Mewtwo. Even after that, Starmie still makes Top 20.

And I don’t understand why I keep getting all the blame for Bulbasaur and Sylveon getting cut. Other people voted besides myself. And no one forced you two to nominate Bulbasaur and Sylveon. And I was honest with you when I told you I wasn’t going to choose Bulbasaur over Gardevoir, even after you said Sola was unwilling to replace Gardevoir with another Pokémon. And any behind the scenes talks happened on both ends, yet it was a randomizer that determined the outcome. So even if Gardevoir was cut that round, I wouldn’t have had any reason to target your favorites. But both Dragonite and Gardevoir are cut now, so it is what it is.

Even though this was a lengthy response, it’s not meant in an angry way. :hug: I just wanted to explain myself, that’s all.

Kommo-o

IPB Image

The Scaly Pokémon, Kommo-o is a dual-type Dragon/Fighting pseudo-legendary Pokémon introduced to the series during Generation VII. Kommo-o is the final evolutionary form of Jangmo-o, evolving from Hakamo-o starting at Level 45. This bipedal reptilian Pokémon is covered in four elaborate chains of four scales, hence the nickname. These scales function as both offensive weapons and defensive shields. According to legend, Kommo-o's glittering scales are meant to drive away a great darkness. Kommo-o undergoes a harsh, rigorous training to prepare itself for the fight against the darkness, seeking out to fight only the strongest of opponents during this time. When foes approach, Kommo-o will clang its scales together, unnerving the weak foes that it does not wish to fight. Thus, Kommo-o is the only Pokémon capable of learning the moves Clanging Scales, as well as its exclusive Z-move Clangorous Soulblaze. When it howls after finishing off its prey, the metallic sounds of its celebrating comrades can be heard from all around. Kommo-o typically finishes opponents off with the power of its uppercut, as even raising its arms can generate enough force to change its surroundings.

Kommo-o possesses the abilities of Bulletproof or Soundproof and possesses the hidden ability of Overcoat. Kommo-o has a slow leveling rate. Dragon Egg Group. Solid base stat total of 600, with 75 HP being the lowest stat of all. Kommo-o is resistant to Rock, Bug, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, and Dark Pokémon. That makes it great for battle. But Kommo-o is weakened by Flying, Ice, Psychic, and Dragon Pokémon, while severely weakened by Fairy Pokémon in battle. So there is an even tradeoff here. There is a lot of potential in the moveset, but there are too many Status Normal moves that kind of drag down the overall quality. Lowest base stat HP of all pseudo-legendary Pokémon, only pseudo-legendary with no type immunity, and double weakness to Fairy Pokémon make Kommo-o overall pretty weak in my eyes.

Kommo-o is a Pokémon that I have tried eliminating for quite some time now. So good on the supporters for unnecessarily dragging it this far along in the game. Kommo-o is not the worst, but not deserving of such a high placement. At least with this cut, Decidueye ranks the highest of all Gen VII Pokémon.

@Steven; I’m not upset or angry at you at all. I place blame with you because I verified the votes before I chose my nominees. I had three yes’s in James, Megan and Dee to save Bulbasaur. Your round was next which allowed you to nominate alone and practically get rid of three Pokémon you want and someone switched their vote. I put two and two together.

It’s all done and over with. I’m over it. ILY. <3

Fun fact:

Only Steven was able to get the Bug Title: Bug Catcher

15 cuts were needed to earn the title:

Cuts:

Steven - 18

Megan - 13

Dee - 11

Nico - 8

James - 8

Victoria - 6

Sola - 5

Fun fact:

Only Megan was able to get the Ice Title: Skier

8 cuts were needed to earn the title:

Cuts:

Megan - 10

Steven - 6

Dee - 5

Nico - 5

James - 3

Victoria - 3

Sola - 3

Fun fact:

Only James was able to get the Fairy Title: Fairy Tale Boy/Girl

10 cuts were needed to earn the title:

Cuts:

James - 15

Megan - 9

Nico - 5

Sola - 4

Dee - 4

Steven - 3

Victoria - 3

Dragonite

:(

We have to agree on two Pokemon to move forward. I don't have Twitter and my PM's are disabled. I don't know how we are going to do this. Send a me a letter via USPS and I'll reply if I agree. ^_^

Have an open conversation on the thread

Ask Wally to enable his private thread for you to decide

Let me pick the two Pokémon

None of the above or all at once

Congratulation to Articuno for being the last Ice Pokemon standing!

Congratulations to Decidueye for being the last Gen VII Pokemon standing!

Congratulations to Milotic for being the last Gen III Pokemon standing!

Congratulations to Lucario for being the last Steel Pokemon standing!

IPB Image