Pokemon Rankdown 1.0

.Rei

Things I like about Sword and Shield a game that I like a lot through 5 badges:

5. Hype battles.

Adding onto this. I am still only through five badges because I spent ~3hours last night fighting in Max Raid battles with my friend. LOL. They aren't like super difficult I find but they are pretty fun regardless. Maybe when we get to 5* battles it will be difficult.

Also add me as a Switch friend and then we can be friends and Raid together. LOL.

Adding onto this. I am still only through five badges because I spent ~3hours last night fighting in Max Raid battles with my friend. LOL. They aren't like super difficult I find but they are pretty fun regardless. Maybe when we get to 5* battles it will be difficult.

Also add me as a Switch friend and then we can be friends and Raid together. LOL.

I don't know how to add. But also, can you carry me? :haha:

Also I require a gay!Ponyta, I have not seen one yet.

IPB Image

also....

IPB Image

I don't know how to add. But also, can you carry me? :haha:

Also I require a gay!Ponyta, I have not seen one yet.

also....

LOL my friend is a little bit further than me and he's certainly carrying me through raids at times. (Very mad that my bug type move did very little damage to the Psychic/Dark Malamar! Despite it having a 4x weakness to bug!)

They are in the Glimwood Tangle. You have to go to the random encounters (which is easy since there's really only two overworld encounters there). It's about a 5% chance to get one so just keep walking through. It's the area between the 4th and 5th gyms.

Edited by totes4totes

LOL my friend is a little bit further than me and he's certainly carrying me through raids at times. (Very mad that my bug type move did very little damage to the Psychic/Dark Malamar! Despite it having a 4x weakness to bug!)

They are in the Glimwood Tangle. You have to go to the random encounters (which is easy since there's really only two overworld encounters there). It's about a 5% chance to get one so just keep walking through. It's the area between the 4th and 5th gyms.

So I will acquire one soon. Good....

Save Snorlax and Sceptile

Cut Florges and Mareep

I cannot do write-ups until late tonight - so I might need an extension Rei. Unless anybody else wants to do the write-ups for these two.

you can have the extension if you want as I will not post the new cycle until tomorrow at the earliest :flowers:

I'll do the write-ups if Dee wants me to.

Go for it Megan, they’re for Florges and Mareep so seems only fair that you get to do them. Thank you!

PSA - I will be getting back to PM’s and Twitter messages either tonight after I see The Lighthouse, or tomorrow morning.

Go for it Megan, they’re for Florges and Mareep so seems only fair that you get to do them. Thank you!

PSA - I will be getting back to PM’s and Twitter messages either tonight after I see The Lighthouse, or tomorrow morning.

So jealous. I want to see that movie so much. (Maybe I'll try to see it this weekend.).

Mareep
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

A while ago a certain user claimed that Mareep should have been cut around 400 spots ago because it had no chance of winning which I said that of course it wasn't going to win but that for me Mareep was at least a Top 50 Pokemon and guess what, Mareep makes it all the way to Top 60 because it's a lovable and adorable sheep and deserves to make it this far. In fact, I true to my word, would have it 10 places higher! Maybe even higher than that considering this top 60. People love sheep! Wooloo is magnificent and Wooloo's path was paved by Mareep. Mareep is an electric type Pokemon that was first introduced in Gen II (the best Generation). It was then that Mareep captured my heart. It's so cute. It's blue, black, and yellow coloring is an ace combination. It seems like it would be a soft friend to hang out with. It's likely based off a good book that inspired one of my favorite movies (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?). I would trade any of the existing starters in Gold/Silver to start with Mareep. It would destroy that first gym and when we realized the gym challenge was a futile experience and beneath us we'd go along to live in a lighthouse saving boats from crashing into the shore. There are no issues with that plan.

I have been waiting to see it, I'm just glad I am able to catch it tonight before it leaves the theatre circuit.

I tried to see it like two weekends ago when I was just hanging out at my parents's house by myself but it wasn't in any theaters in a 10 mile radius of their house. :/

Florges
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I love Fairy-Type Pokemon. Gen VI was a Generation in hindsight that I wish was better (can't wait for its remakes in 30 years after we get the 10th remake of Gen I) but I think it brought a lot of changes that I really loved. And the best of those was the Fairy Type. It's a weird-ish type that's weak to Poison and Steel (thankfully two of the less used types in my experience) and immune to the heavy hitting dragon, and resistant to fighting, bug, and dark type Pokemon. For me that made it very quickly an appealing type to use on my team. There still aren't too many fairy-type Pokemon, especially new Pokemon introduced, and a lot of them are only so-so on stats (especially those retroactively typed like Jigglypuff or Granbull) but I feel they are really getting their due in this current generation. (I'm using two fairy-types on my team currently). But of all the pre-Gen VIII fairy-type Pokemon in my opinion Florges is by far the best.

Florges is a Special move beast. It has a Special Attack of 112 but a Special Defense of 154. Huge! Fittingly its HP and Speed are pretty regular at 78 and 75 respectively and its Attack and Defense are in the high 60s. But none of those are dealbreakers and you aren't using Florges to do anything except Moonblast your opponents. It also learns Petal Dance and, if you level your Floette high enough, Solar Beam which are two of the most powerful grass specials. I still think there are some weaknesses in the offensive Fairy Moveset, but overall, with Florges's high special attack, it can make use of a lot of the special moves it can learn even if it doesn't get the STAB from them.

But most of all, Florges's biggest appeal is that it's an absolutely beautiful Pokemon. I feel like if I hung around this Pokemon people would think that I'm fancy. Truly all I want in life.

great write up on mareep and florges. I still stand by my comments all along regarding Mareep, even if Ampharos is a total boss. Wooloo > Mareep.

Also Florges is a great pokemon, and I really enjoy the line. But calling Florges the best fairy-type pre gen 8 is wrong. Sylveon and Gardevoir are both still in the game, and are better imo :P.