Video Game Rankdown Pt. 2

Deeee

The Tournament of the Champions

Ninth elimination. The legendary Pokémon series was impacted by an elimination. Will another legendary series be impacted next?

Match-Up # 9

Chrono Cross (PS1; 1999)

source.gif

vs.

giphy.gif

Super Mario Odyssey (Switch; 2018)

Rankings & Results

Now is the time to reveal the next game eliminated from the Rankdown. In 56th place is...

56. Chrono Cross (PS1; 1999)

Final Average = 39.875

Dee: 57

Megan: 52

Nico: 47

Rei: 33

Sola: 21

Steven: 50

Tom: 3

Victoria: 56

Congratulations to Super Mario Odyssey (Switch; 2018) for advancing further on in The Tournament of the Champions!

Final Average = 26.125

Dee: 18

Megan: 33

Nico: 12

Rei: 9

Sola: 35

Steven: 6

Tom: 57

Victoria: 39

@Sadora & @Solaris - each of you will be required to submit a write-up for the tribute post.

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Theres a pattern happening here.  And its Tom and I are doing all the write ups.  I think I am up to 6 at this point.  :haha:

Like I said, I'll re-distribute them. LOL. 

I can finally reveal that Chrono Trigger is so good and I hate Chrono Cross. IDK. There are so many things about the game that frustrate me. I'll get into those in the write-up.

4 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I can finally reveal that Chrono Trigger is so good and I hate Chrono Cross. IDK. There are so many things about the game that frustrate me. I'll get into those in the write-up.

Chrono Cross is one of the few games to earn perfect 10 on GameSpot and has a deep story and a magnificent soundtrack. It does not deserve this slander. I will have to give it justice in my tribute.

4 minutes ago, Deeee said:

OMG. Tom. No.

While it sucked to lose Symphonia, I was glad Megan cut Trigger instead of Cross, lol.

1 hour ago, Deeee said:

That's fair. I'm just saying that it's difficult to expect a game like Octopath Traveler to rank highly because you are the only person with any attachment to the game. You may be the only person to have played the game the full way through even.

I really like Octopath

8 minutes ago, NGM said:

I’m waiting to find out what the hell I ranked first 😂😂😂

Also still waiting to see if anyone beats my bad luck in a single pair with the Ico vs Gold/Silver one

Tom’s Chrono Cross v Super Mario Odyssey is up there for him. And Sola has his #1 against Mario Kart 64.

Whatever game went up against BotW

Edited by totes4totes

37 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I think of Chrono Cross as a bad sequel but a good game. Mostly because Chrono Trigger is so good and Chrono Cross isn’t what people wanted as a sequel.

22 minutes ago, NGM said:

I’m waiting to find out what the hell I ranked first 😂😂😂

Also still waiting to see if anyone beats my bad luck in a single pair with the Ico vs Gold/Silver one

LOL I cannot believe you do not remember.