Video Game Rankdown Pt. 2

Deeee

2 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Sacred Stones diverges in the middle so you either follow Eirika or Ephraim. Each time I choose Eirika.

In Blazing Sword there's also a second playthrough where instead of playing as Eliwood you can play as Hector and do his story. Fates obviously had the three separate games (like a proto-3H in a lot of ways). And in Genealogy of the Holy War how you play the first half (which characters you pair together, etc) directly impacts the events of the second half. But in a more limited way than Three Houses. In fact, Genealogy is probably the closest to Three Houses. And Genealogy kind of lays out the groundwork for the kid system in Awakening and Fates.

Just figured out how to quote.  Doesn't everyone pike Eirikas path?  

Just now, Solaris said:

Just figured out how to quote.  Doesn't everyone pike Eirikas path?  

Maybe. But that doesn't mean that there isn't a second path. Or that I've cleared the game 5 times never choosing that path or literally deviating from any of my other options like which characters to support with one another. 

16 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I said what I said as well. And I'm far from the first host to take part in the final rankings. Nearly every host has actually, yet you come at me for some reason. LOL.

Other hosts in rankdowns that I've played include their rankings as part of the public nominations, which have significantly less impact. Yours count as if you're a ranker, which is not the case. 

The Tournament of the Champions

The Tournament of the Champions is bringing the drama already. How will the fourth reveal impact the Rankdown?! Which game is fated for the the 61st position? 

Match-Up # 4

Portal (multi-platform; 2007)

giphy.gif

vs.

tumblr_new9zomapa1r7sijxo2_500.gif

Valkyria Chronicles (PS3; 2008)

Rankings & Results

Now is the time to reveal the next game eliminated from the Rankdown. In 61st place is...

61. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3; 2008)

Final Average = 42.500

Dee: 56

Megan: 57

Nico: 38

Rei: 49

Sola: 11
Steven: 52

Tom: 19

Victoria: 58

Congratulations to Portal (multi-platform; 2007) on advancing further on in The Tournament of the Champions!

Final Average = 35.500

Dee: 11

Megan: 55

Nico: 4

Rei: 43

Sola: 16

Steven: 63

Tom: 32

Victoria: 60

@Solaris & @Sadora - each of you will be required to submit write-ups for the tribute post.

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Youre going to distribute these so that I am not writing 32 write ups correct?

Yes. As I said, if I see that players have too many, I will re-distribute them to even them out. LOL.

I'm just going through the motions for now and will figure that out once all the reveals have happened.

Just now, Deeee said:

Yes. As I said, if I see that players have too many, I will re-distribute them to even them out. LOL.

I'm just going through the motions for now and will figure that out once all the reveals have happened.

Well at least that is something. :thumbs:

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Okay I am already up to 3.  Time for someone else to lose favs that arent me.  :P

Just now, Sadora said:

Well at least that is something. :thumbs:

Wow. Tom positively responding to something I said? LOL.

If you had voiced a concern, I would have taken that into account concerning the rankings. I feel like I've worked my ass off as a host for this Rankdown and made it very unique and fair. There were no public members following along to submit a ranking, except for CGF who was a past player. So I didn't want to include CGF as a public ranker to come back scorned as heck. LOL. 

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Wow. Tom positively responding to something I said? LOL.

If you had voiced a concern, I would have taken that into account concerning the rankings. I feel like I've worked my ass off as a host for this Rankdown and made it very unique and fair. There were no public members following along to submit a ranking, except for CGF who was a past player. So I didn't want to include CGF as a public ranker to come back scorned as heck. LOL. 

That's fine I probably wouldn't have filled it out anyways. 

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

I've genuinely never heard anything about Valkyria Chronicles. That is the only game in the finals (besides FE games) that I do not know much of anything about. 

I don't like shooters but it is so much fun.  Its like a shooter RPG.  I am happy I was able to bring it this far though.

Just now, Solaris said:

I don't like shooters but it is so much fun.  Its like a shooter RPG.  I am happy I was able to bring it this far though.

Shooter RPG? That's interesting. I might need to check this out tbh.

61st for a game from a series that does not seem massively popular is really good.

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I've genuinely never heard anything about Valkyria Chronicles. That is the only game in the finals (besides FE games) that I do not know much of anything about. 

I bought Valkyria Revolution the other day during the game stop sale when they had buy 2 get 2 used game sale. I am guessing they are similar games it's kinda fun the little that I have played of it so far.

7 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I think Valkyria Chronicles, despite having 3 sequels, 2 spin-offs, two anime series (based off the 1st and 3rd games respectively), and manga adaptations of the first three games kind of flew under the radar in the west. It's about $20 on the Switch.

I think Tactical RPGs are not as popular in the West as they are in Japan (and in turn I think RTS games tend to be more popular in the West than in Japan).

Edited by totes4totes

The second and third game blow.  The first game is brilliant.  Lots of animated cut scenes.  

I have heard great things about 4, that its similar to the first game in everything that made it great.  Haven't played 4 though.