Video Game Rankdown Pt. 2

Deeee

Nintendo's Yearly came out and here's some good little tidbits:

• In FY2022 (April 2021-Mar 31 2022) had 39 million-seller titles
    • Notable amongst these is Pokemon Legends Arceus which since its release in late January sold 12.64 million unites in ~2 months
    • Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Pearl between them sold 14.65 million units
    • Once again, Mario Kart 8 lands on the charts with 9.94 million units sold
    • Kirby and the Forgotten Land sold >2 million units in the 2 weeks between its release and the fiscal year ending on March 31.
    • Metroid Dread was the 13th best seller of Nintendo titles with 2.9 million units sold since release
    • Other FY releases that hit 1 million: New Pokemon Snap, Miitopia, Game Builder Garage, Mario Golf, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, Wario Ware, Mario Party Superstars, Big Brain Academy
  • For upcoming releases, Bayonetta 3 is still listed as 2022, the Advance Wars remakes (which were delayed because Russia's invasion of Ukraine) has no release date, and then pretty much every other game listed has already had a release date announced

Nothing too surprising, and no movement in rankings but the Nintendo Switch family is creeping up on the Gameboy/GBC family:

Video Game Console Sales (millions of units)

1. Nintendo DS - 154.02

2. Gameboy/GBC - 118.69

3. Nintendo Switch - 107.65

4. Wii - 101.63

5. Gameboy Advance - 81.51

6. Nintendo 3DS - 75.94

7. NES - 61.91

8. SNES - 49.10

9. N64 - 32.93

10. Gamecube - 21.74

11. Wii U - 13.56

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Why Does Lucina have a bow?  Why is Ike using Urvan?  Celica also a primary mage is confusing too.  I hope more lords will be included.  I'ma need my Claude front and center, and Robin too. Why are none of them first users, since fists are in the game per the trailer. 

23 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Why Does Lucina have a bow?  Why is Ike using Urvan?  Celica also a primary mage is confusing too.  I hope more lords will be included.  I'ma need my Claude front and center, and Robin too. Why are none of them first users, since fists are in the game per the trailer. 

could be dependent on what the person who is using them is using as their weapon.

• 3 months later...
On 12/18/2022 at 3:58 AM, .Rei said:

I finally caved and after more than two years I'm finally playing Animal Crossing :haha: 

you can finally join the other 40.17 million people with the game!

(which is a WILD number...for comparison Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has sold 48.41 units to put it at first and Smash Bros at 29.53 million)

17 hours ago, totes4totes said:

you can finally join the other 40.17 million people with the game!

(which is a WILD number...for comparison Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has sold 48.41 units to put it at first and Smash Bros at 29.53 million)

I though I could help them with their sales 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, .Rei said:

@Solaris I need your input on Engage to see if I should buy it :haha: 

fantastic gameplay, but pretty generic story compared to three houses.  I really enjoy the engage mechanic gives me the opportunity to get to know Sigurd and Leif, heroes for games I haven't played. I love the character designs in this game.

No multiple paths, so a linear story might lead to less replays.  That won't stop me though.

Edited by Solaris
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 11:31 AM, totes4totes said:

Nintendo's Yearly came out and here's some good little tidbits:

• In FY2022 (April 2021-Mar 31 2022) had 39 million-seller titles
    • Notable amongst these is Pokemon Legends Arceus which since its release in late January sold 12.64 million unites in ~2 months
    • Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Pearl between them sold 14.65 million units
    • Once again, Mario Kart 8 lands on the charts with 9.94 million units sold
    • Kirby and the Forgotten Land sold >2 million units in the 2 weeks between its release and the fiscal year ending on March 31.
    • Metroid Dread was the 13th best seller of Nintendo titles with 2.9 million units sold since release
    • Other FY releases that hit 1 million: New Pokemon Snap, Miitopia, Game Builder Garage, Mario Golf, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, Wario Ware, Mario Party Superstars, Big Brain Academy
  • For upcoming releases, Bayonetta 3 is still listed as 2022, the Advance Wars remakes (which were delayed because Russia's invasion of Ukraine) has no release date, and then pretty much every other game listed has already had a release date announced

Nothing too surprising, and no movement in rankings but the Nintendo Switch family is creeping up on the Gameboy/GBC family:

Video Game Console Sales (millions of units)

1. Nintendo DS - 154.02

2. Gameboy/GBC - 118.69

3. Nintendo Switch - 107.65

4. Wii - 101.63

5. Gameboy Advance - 81.51

6. Nintendo 3DS - 75.94

7. NES - 61.91

8. SNES - 49.10

9. N64 - 32.93

10. Gamecube - 21.74

11. Wii U - 13.56

It's official. Through December 2022 the Switch passed not only the Gameboy/GBC family but also the PS4. That put's it now as the third highest selling console of all time. Just behind the Nintendo DS and PS2.