idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Deeee

Video Game Rankdown Pt. 2

4 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Preparing for the meltdown when they only include like 1/5 of the National Pokedex :haha:

Just @ me next time lol 

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Just @ me next time lol 

:haha:

I will have the meltdown with you this time :wub:

• Like 1

The Last of Us Part II releases tomorrow!

Horizon Zero Dawn II announced!

Just wanted to bring attention to the sequels to the fabulous women-led Video Game Rankdown finalists. 🤎

33 minutes ago, Deeee said:

The Last of Us Part II releases tomorrow!

Horizon Zero Dawn II announced!

Just wanted to bring attention to the sequels to the fabulous women-led Video Game Rankdown finalists. 🤎

Tellius Fire Emblem remake is unenthused by being left out.  

23 minutes ago, Solaris said:

are we getting a new Fire Emblem game???

1 minute ago, .Rei said:

are we getting a new Fire Emblem game???

there's lots of rumors going around that the the two Tellius games (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) will be remake for the switch.  I like that, but really they just need to remaster them and they should be fine, shouldnt need a full remake.  

3 minutes ago, Solaris said:

there's lots of rumors going around that the the two Tellius games (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) will be remake for the switch.  I like that, but really they just need to remaster them and they should be fine, shouldnt need a full remake.  

I'll take whatever they give me as I haven't played any Fire Emblem game beside Three Houses

6 minutes ago, .Rei said:

I'll take whatever they give me as I haven't played any Fire Emblem game beside Three Houses

Love the Tellius series (Tom prefers Path of Radiance, I prefer Radiant Dawn).  Good stories.  They are different from Three houses though.  No academy, pretty standard unit advancements, so less customization.

I am the lone Fire Emblem fan who finds Tellius overrated. I'd rather the Elibe games get remade first. 1) Because Binding Blade (where Roy is from) never made it to the west and 2) because I LIKE THEM BETTER.

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

1) Not confirmed

2) Largely has a male protagonist

49 minutes ago, Deeee said:

@totes4totes they made the right choice

Agree! I was afraid they were going to do the like main guy featured who is far less interesting than Min Min!

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Agree! I was afraid they were going to do the like main guy featured who is far less interesting than Min Min!

Min Min or Twintelle were the only correct choices! Asian women or Black women need more representation in Smash!

32 minutes ago, miss denise said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

So excited! And we get to play as Coco and Cortex!

48 minutes ago, Deeee said:

So excited! And we get to play as Coco and Cortex!

Me too! It looks so good. I definitely want to play as Coco. :wub:  

Has anyone played the new Paper Mario?

I’m debating if I should purchase it or not. But I haven’t even finished the Pokémon DLC and a bunch of other games so I don’t know if it is the wisest idea :haha:

I'm going through the 2020 Q1 report. But the most shocking thing is that Animal Crossing (which came out on Mar 20) has sold an ABSURD 22.40 million units worldwide. This puts it at the #2 Switch game behind Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (26.74 million units). And I believe it is now the fastest selling Switch game. That's mind boggling. For Animal Crossing especially. (For comparison, Animal Crossing New Leaf sold 12.55 million on the 3DS and Wild World 11.75 million on the DS).

To put it in even greater comparison. Here is the info available on Nintendo for first party games selling more than 15 million* on each console going back to the DS:

1. Wii Sports - 82.90 million units (Wii - note. This was bundled with many copies of the Wii. Thus accounting for its ABSURDLY high numbers)

2. Mario Kart Wii - 37.32 million (Wii)

3. Wii Sports Resort - 33.13 million (Wii)

4. New Super Mario Bros. - 30.80 million units (DS)

5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 30.30 million (Wii)

6. Wii Play - 28.02 million (Wii)

7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 26.74 million units (NS)

8. nintendogs - 23.96 million (DS)

9. Mario Kart DS - 23.60 million (DS)

10. Wii Fit - 22.67 million (Wii)

11. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 22.40 million  (NS)

12. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 19.99 million (NS)

13. Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day - 19.01 million (DS)

14. Mario Kart 7 - 18.71 million units (3DS)

15. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 18.60 million (NS)

16. Pokémon Sword/Shield - 18.22 million (NS)

17. Super Mario Odyssey - 18.02 million (NS)

18. Pokémon Diamond/Pearl - 17.67 million (DS)

19. Pokémon X/Y - 16.45 million  (3DS)

20. Pokémon Sun/Moon - 16.18 million (3DS)

21. Pokémon Black/White - 15.64 million (DS)

*Wii U's top selling game had <9 million and thus did not make this list.

That makes Animal Crossing (ANIMAL CROSSING) Nintendo's 11th highest selling first party software. Again it was released Mar 20.

Other fun takeaways from this list is mostly that Pokemon Sw/Sh is the highest selling Pokemon since at least the GBA era (Nintendo's website doesn't go further back than the DS). That's kind of surprising to me. Only because I thought the DS games would have sole more. Also, Wii Sports absurd sales will likely never be matched again.

thanks for the numbers!  Thats a good read.  I am unsurprised by how well Animal Crossing did, it had a series of circumstances that helped propel it to that spot.  Its also a great way to kill time.  

My villagers don't like when i smack them with my net.  

Edited by Solaris

Just now, Solaris said:

thanks for the numbers!  Thats a good read.  I am unsurprised by how well Animal Crossing did, it had a series of circumstances that helped propel it to that spot.  Its also a great way to kill time. 

With how well Nintendo has done during the pandemic I'm surprised there are not more conspiracy theories regarding Nintendo orchestrating the pandemic.

For example, this is the best non-holiday quarter for hardware sales since the Nintendo DS. It's not just Animal Crossing that's selling like crazy it's the console itself. Ring Fit Adventure also sold 3.2 million units this quarter as well.

I'm the only one in the world who apparently hasn't played Animal Crossing :haha:

Just now, .Rei said:

I'm the only one in the world who apparently hasn't played Animal Crossing :haha:

2/3 of Switch Owners do not own the game!

which is also a crazy attachment rate (though Wii Sports is obviously the highest, a lot of Wii U games also had crazy high attachment rates for games. Like I think there were <13.5 million Wii U’s sold yet around 8.5 million Mario Kart 8 games sold)