-476 Spins
-1705 Bullet
-3.734 Audience

HOT AC:
61 35 CAMILA CABELLO Don't Go Yet 346 48 298 1.630

+28 Spins
-20 Bullet
-0.020 Audience

it should have a gain tomorrow. 8th day effect tends to cause a drop for songs with a good debut on it's first day.

entered the Latin chart

Tropical Latin

lw    TW    Artist    Title    TW    lw    Move    Aud

199    43    Up this week CAMILA CABELLO    Don't Go Yet    123    7    116    0.032

SPINCREASE - Rhythmic

Artist    Title    Move    Stations  

CAMILA CABELLO    Don't Go Yet    227    28

Canada Top 40

43    30    Up this week CAMILA CABELLO    Don't Go Yet    402    92    310    1.624

Canada Hot AC

70    39    Up this week CAMILA CABELLO    Don't Go Yet    58    33    25    0.586

5 hours ago, Camren said:

I was expecting at least a top 40. Camila’s songs always grow slowly.

Straight long hair era is back. Yaaasss 😍

yep her songs take a while to catch on, doing well on radio but the rest, it's early days still, some fans might not even know she has a song out, it's not like we got a lot of warning about it :rofl: I still like the song, no matter about all the complaints, wish it had more promo.

love her long hair too, she looks amazing

2 Billion by year end is likely.

• Like 1

US Pop Radio:

#20. “Don't Go Yet” (=) *Peak* —

Spins: 4478 (+312) —

Audience: 12.923M (+0.704M)

HAC Radio Update:  

#34 Don't Go Yet (+1) *New Peak* —

Spins: 404 (+0.058) —

Audience: 1.749 (+0.119)

If her beginning number is 45ish, that's an OK start, but I'd be a little concerned her leading metric is radio by a fairly wide margin. CHR obviously loves her because of her long-established reputation, and there's very obvious payola for the radio deal, but the sales haven't really caught on. Itunes doesn't mean much, but I think it's telling that her team discounted the song during street week (whereas Normani did not with "Wild Side"). It shows her team is concerned that the song might not catch on due to its sound/Camila's reputation. 

Rollout problems: I think Camila has always reverting to plan B in her rollouts when her plan A fails - her plan A is to establish her own identity*, while her plan B is to put out an on-trend song with a featured artist that inevitably has much more success than her plan A. Go back to 2017 when "Crying In The Club" failed with the Aguilera sample, and then her team puts up rapper-featured trap songs "OMG" and "Havana"; iirc, "OMG" had better first week metrics than "Havana", but "Havana" was pushed and was a slow growing success. Then her second album had an even worse rollout; both "Liar" and "Shameless" were sent to radio, both failed, and then she went to Senorita for the guaranteed hit that plays off their romance more rather than establishes a real identity. Senorita was also really part of Mendes' album and was tacked onto Romance last minute, so really it feels more like a Mendes song aimed to help Camila. I'll say this though: Camila did a solid job riding the momentum of those megahits "Havana" and "Senorita": "Never Be The Same" and "My Oh My" performed well to further distract away from the botched rollouts. And now there's another slow start for album three with "Can't Go Yet".

*IMO, I feel early on, Camila has trying to encompass the sound of many of her musical idols in her plan A's, rather than establish an identity. I'm not sure it felt authentic enough for the general public to really relate to the song. CITC was Aguilera, Liar was Shakira, NBTS and Shameless played into her Michelle Branch-rocker vibe. That's probably pulling in too many directions, many of which the public might not care about in 2017-2021. She isn't an introspective, detailed lyricist like Taylor Swift or Olivia Rodrigo, and doesn't double down on an ear-wormy modernized style (nu-disco) like Dua Lipa or a thumping broody emopop aspect like Billie Eilish. Her music videos are super elaborate in emphasizing her Latin roots and upbringing (telenovelas, familia with her latest) but that sort of stuff plays better internationally than in the US. It seems over here, the Latin music we like since the 2010s are more in the dancehall/reggaeton/trap aspects (Sean Paul to now Bad Bunny; Becky G, Anitta and Kali Uchis aren't doing that well here). One way to really do well in Apple Music (the major factor in BB100): have a really urban sound or a trap beat in there. Normani got her first Apple-leading hit with "Wild Side" doing just that, and Cardi B's feature obviously helps. "Can't Go Yet" had a joyful flow but felt like a pre-trap (pre-2014s) pop song, as it had no trap or bass.

Then there's the reputation. Camila gained a reputation as a features artist all the way back through the 5H days (Kid Ink, Ty Dolla), and then her work preceding this single (Mendes 2x, MGK, Young Thug, Bazzi, DaBaby, Ed Sheeran). She's good at playing off her featured artists, and I think that's a lot of the appeal to radio, and most of her hits had a good sampling of trap or tropical beats, the sounds of the 2015s-2018s. But when you're so diluted with features that have been hits, it likely shows you cater well to radio, but might struggle to establish yourself as an artist. How much of her debut album's sales were due to Havana's success, as well as it being her debut album? We can answer that more conclusively after seeing how "Romance" did. Romance had half the sales of "Camila" --it stayed on the chart for 15 weeks while "Camila" stayed on for 36 weeks. That shows that she really doesn't have the general public (yet). This isn't an Jason Derulo/Ellie Goulding scenario of someone who churns out hits on radio and can't sell/stream their own albums, because neither of them released an album that sold as well as "Camila", and she has core fans I don't think either of them have.

So I think the issue is this fight between going away from features with known success and trying to move toward a non-trend identity that's a little bit too branched out for the public to accept/really get into. I'm sure she'll have more chances to get individual/non-radio success - she's only 23, her team obviously really believes in her, radio loves her past success and will keep buoying her with radio plays. And she'll keep chugging away - Camila will always stay personality endears her to her fans,  she's good at establishing top notch connections (Swift, Sheeran, Mendes) and there's no doubt she has a core following.

Edited by jork
  • Like 2

I personally think she would have achieved more in other label and with other team. 

They made many mistakes during the Romance era. When Camila could achieve greater success with Liar and the Top 10 with My Oh My, they were still promoting Señorita. 

Yes, she has core fans but her fandom can't do everything instead of her team. I don't even want to start talking about Roger. He is an idiot.

General public is very important and they are not here for Don't Go Yet. The song has great potential to become successful in US. It all depends on her team and Camila. Will they sleep or will they work?

I know UK is feeling the song. I'm glad this is not a feat song and she can show the world that she can also succeed with a solo song too. With a proper promo anything is possible. 

• Like 1

I have no idea how this will go, but at least we didn't get 4 singles in a month like before. Romance might have done better if she had done her tour. I don't know if she will change up her team any time soon, but they do expect a lot from fans, we can only do so much lol

thank goodness radio is doing okay for now