Voice General Discussion 2

7 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

@TeamAudra@ashwinner were having an ongoing dialogue in the "spoilers" thread on Marissa who already appeared and was actually eliminated on the live show. So with this post I am moving my reply post to a "General Discussion" thread. So, IMO, minivan ripped Marissa v. Ryan because he is purportedly their snowflake per all of you, but no need to rip her against Tanner because without some comeback option as in previous seasons, she is gone and Tanner lives on.

i think it's just because they don't care for tanner but they like ryan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Voice season 21 virtual casting is open for Dec 10 & 11th, if you've ever wanted to try to get past multiple rounds of producers and evaluators only to be mocked by people in an internet forum 

Instagram Q&A with Adam Levine:  

so..... who's gonna pay $50 to ask him why he got DQ'd? 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i think it's just because they don't care for tanner but they like ryan

I can understand why. However, I'm somewhat a minivan and don't think that either Marissa or Ryan deserved many of the comments thrown their way from the battle. I do agree, though, that Tanner should have lost...were it not for Kelly needing to make a strategic-type choice. It seems that The Voice is not all about equity! Little did I know that prior to this past week's interactions 😞

12 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

I can understand why. However, I'm somewhat a minivan and don't think that either Marissa or Ryan deserved many of the comments thrown their way from the battle. I do agree, though, that Tanner should have lost...were it not for Kelly needing to make a strategic-type choice. It seems that The Voice is not all about equity! Little did I know that prior to this past week's interactions 😞

kelly is smart - she knows what does well on the show even though idolforums doesn't tend to like her decisions

8 hours ago, seak05 said:

Something to do with a flag? 

I'm so confused. I must be out of the loop - what reasons? What flag is associated with Tanner, and how would it factor into him being at the bottom of NBC's list?

I have zero context, so I just assumed he'd be at the bottom of the list because he's BY FAR the weakest country artist left. I don't usually like country that much, but this season is stacked with great country talent like Ben, WTW, Taryn, etc. - and great country-ish-sorta-adjacent (?) talent like Ian and Jim. Tanner just doesn't even come close IMO.

4 minutes ago, Bouli said:

I'm so confused. I must be out of the loop - what reasons? What flag is associated with Tanner, and how would it factor into him being at the bottom of NBC's list?

I have zero context, so I just assumed he'd be at the bottom of the list because he's BY FAR the weakest country artist left. I don't usually like country that much, but this season is stacked with great country talent like Ben, WTW, Taryn, etc. - and great country-ish-sorta-adjacent (?) talent like Ian and Jim. Tanner just doesn't even come close IMO.

I didn't watch live, but I think people saw a glimpse of a Blue Lives Matter flag in Tanner's pre-KO package or something?

7 hours ago, ashwinner said:

CeeLo

edit: i kept my comment brief cause i was doing something, but i just wanna make clear im not discrediting your point, im just bringing up someone who did this in the past and faced backlash

I didn’t watch the seasons CeeLo was on, so I have no context for that. All I know is my view of Kelly has taken a big hit. Can you imagine Alicia, JHud or Gwen doing that? I can’t either. 

Edited by TeamAudra
13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I didn’t watch the seasons CeeLo was on, so I have no context for that. All I know is my view of Kelly has taken a big hit. Can you imagine Alicia, JHud or Gwen doing that? I can’t either. 

CeeLo was way worse, he legit told a contestant she turned him on or something, but yeah, that´s not a good look for Kelly at all. 

I think all the coaches have taken turns in being a little creepy with the contestants from time to time.

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Gwen who told Chris Blue she was mesmerized by his body and couldn't stop watching him that she forgot to listen to him? I can't imagine Kelly being more inappropriate than that.

4 minutes ago, antikid said:

Gwen who told Chris Blue she was mesmerized by his body and couldn't stop watching him that she forgot to listen to him? I can't imagine Kelly being more inappropriate than that.

I forgot about that. A lot of what is said doesn’t get aired on TV, so there could be way more if this than we can imagine. Some of it is off camera, in between performances, and such. 

Edited by TeamAudra

All the coaches talk a lot about looks. You look like a goddess, you look stunning, I was mesmerize by you etc...and it's not like you're talking off of a script, and it's a long day. Sometimes they definitely screw it up, or take it to far, but for as much as they talk, they actually do a pretty decent job of not sticking feet in mouths. 

Also, while Kelly shouldn't date a contestant for reasons, if she wants to hook-up with someone, go for it! She's been separated for months, I'm not sure why some of you all are such prudes 😛 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Don´t know where to put this but Marisa posted an IG story highlighting Charlie Mason´s article title when  he said that Kely made the worst decision in the show´s history by not picking her lol.

FJUWUYB.jpg

16 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yikes... 😬

that's the thing though - she's not wrong. it is about filling a demo, and marisa is just being open about that, unlike the other contestants who often silently seethe. plus, she's not been disrespectful to tanner at all in her posts imo

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

that's the thing though - she's not wrong. it is about filling a demo, and marisa is just being open about that, unlike the other contestants who often silently seethe. plus, she's not been disrespectful to tanner at all in her posts imo

Thank you for pointing this out as I didn’t see this side of it before and I agree! ☺️ I think it could be viewed as disrespectful to Kelly though. 😕 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

So, I’m told there was lot more talk of Ryan and Ian being hot that didn’t make the edit, and specifically Kelly going on and on about not being able to take her eyes off Ian (married with kids). I don’t care who this offends, but that is incredibly unprofessional. If that was a male coach speaking that way about female contestants, they’d probably be accused of sexual harassment, and removed from the show. 

I think that person totally mischaracterized what Kelly said, first of all it was shown on the show they didn't edit it out regarding Ian. I didn't take what she said about him to be sexual or anything at all she said in a very joking manner that she found herself staring at Ian for a long time because she was so drawn in by his performance that it was almost inappropriate. She never mentioned anything at all about his looks at all. I knew the second she made that joke that someone was going to twist it into something other than what it was merely because she's single now.

The only taping I saw Ryan perform in during a taping was his battle and Kelly made zero comments about his looks there and didn't comment on anything other than his performance. 

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

I think that person totally mischaracterized what Kelly said, first of all it was shown on the show they didn't edit it out regarding Ian. I didn't take what she said about him to be sexual or anything at all she said in a very joking manner that she found herself staring at Ian for a long time because she was so drawn in by his performance that it was almost inappropriate. She never mentioned anything at all about his looks at all. I knew the second she made that joke that someone was going to twist it into something other than what it was merely because she's single now.

The only taping I saw Ryan perform in during a taping was his battle and Kelly made zero comments about his looks there and didn't comment on anything other than his performance. 

That’s interesting, because I was told there was stuff said that didn’t get aired, not just by Kelly, but staff on the set. All I know is if I said those things at work, I’d probably get fired. I guess I’ll just give her the benefit of the doubt this time. 

Edited by TeamAudra

26pJoxii_bigger.jpg

Replying to and
She was not in her right mind this year. She is definitely going to regret it

And the yikes keep coming, this was her responding someone that said Kelly made a mistake. 

Also, poor Kelly lol, this is the third contestant that criticizes/comes after her on social media. Remember Molly Stevens and Rizzi Myers?
Edited by Misirlou