Voice General Discussion 2

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Voice season 21 virtual casting is open for Dec 10 & 11th, if you've ever wanted to try to get past multiple rounds of producers and evaluators only to be mocked by people in an internet forum 

so..... who's gonna pay $50 to ask him why he got DQ'd? 

Instagram Q&A with Adam Levine:  

Posted Images

John has the right to be against your president, just as people who vote Trump have the right to vote Trump

each his choice, those who spend their day under The Voice posts to insult, criticize John because of his political convictions have no life, they fill the void of their life by putting hatred against John

• Like 11

I just want to ask this because I'm kinda curious. Do The Voice kind of manipulate the votes sometimes so they will not be be branded as rigged and racist. There are only 3 winners of the Voice who are African American, Javier Colon, Jermaine Paul, and Chris Blue. Season 1 and Season 2 are the seasons in which there are not much of solid fans maybe there's not much of country mafia so the winners are solely based on talent and appeal. But considering the next AA winner is in Season 12 which is a huge gap and in addition he just barely won because they have the closest vote difference in the histoy of the show. During these times Barack Obama is the President of the USA.

Another one is when Alisan Porter won. We all know she's a great singer but during the Lives she's kind of branded as Screamer and I think it reduced her appeal to win the show. I remember during the finale her songs in itunes only peaked at #4 and #5, Hannah Houston and Adam Wakefield ranked higher than her in terms of itunes popularity.

Also  Christina Aguilera said that if she win that season she will quit the show. There is even a rumor that the producers made her win because Blake want him out of the show.

Now it's Season 19 there are a lot of AA singers that are good but due to Trump being the president and a racist. Not only John's Team but DeSz in Kelly's team and Payge in Gwen's Team are on risk.

Are we expecting an AA (especially the Divas who are always robbed on the show) might win because there will be kind of manipulation?

I just want to know y'all thoughts.

4 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I just want to ask this because I'm kinda curious. Do The Voice kind of manipulate the votes sometimes so they will not be be branded as rigged and racist. There are only 3 winners of the Voice who are African American, Javier Colon, Jermaine Paul, and Chris Blue. Season 1 and Season 2 are the seasons in which there are not much of solid fans maybe there's not much of country mafia so the winners are solely based on talent and appeal. But considering the next AA winner is in Season 12 which is a huge gap and in addition he just barely won because they have the closest vote difference in the histoy of the show. During these times Barack Obama is the President of the USA.

Another one is when Alisan Porter won. We all know she's a great singer but during the Lives she's kind of branded as Screamer and I think it reduced her appeal to win the show. I remember during the finale her songs in itunes only peaked at #4 and #5, Hannah Houston and Adam Wakefield ranked higher than her in terms of itunes popularity.

Also  Christina Aguilera said that if she win that season she will quit the show. There is even a rumor that the producers made her win because Blake want him out of the show.

Now it's Season 19 there are a lot of AA singers that are good but due to Trump being the president and a racist. Not only John's Team but DeSz in Kelly's team and Payge in Gwen's Team are on risk.

Are we expecting an AA (especially the Divas who are always robbed on the show) might win because there will be kind of manipulation?

I just want to know y'all thoughts.

I'll skip around the racism part of the question just to keep it neutral on the thread, but regarding the last question:

After years and years of awesome AA females getting eliminated before the finale, the recent victory of Just Sam on AI, Toneisha's surprise 2nd place finish last season, and obviously the resurgence of the BLM movement over the summer, I think as a whole many in the fandom are leaning towards the producers pushing for an AA female (regardless of genre) to win. And with 3/4 coaches having an AA female as a frontrunner/potential finalist (DeSz/Payge/Tamara), that's given a little bit of extra hope for the theory. Regarding manipulation, we know the producers can do pretty much whatever they want, but I expect the most that they'll do if they want to achieve that outcome is bus the competition with bad song choices. Alternatively, the only AA male remaining is John Holiday, who is John's frontrunner/most likely finalist atm, so they may be leaning towards him as well.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I'll skip around the racism part of the question just to keep it neutral on the thread, but regarding the last question:

After years and years of awesome AA females getting eliminated before the finale, the recent victory of Just Sam on AI, Toneisha's surprise 2nd place finish last season, and obviously the resurgence of the BLM movement over the summer, I think as a whole many in the fandom are leaning towards the producers pushing for an AA female (regardless of genre) to win. And with 3/4 coaches having an AA female as a frontrunner/potential finalist (DeSz/Payge/Tamara), that's given a little bit of extra hope for the theory. Regarding manipulation, we know the producers can do pretty much whatever they want, but I expect the most that they'll do if they want to achieve that outcome is bus the competition with bad song choices. Alternatively, the only AA male remaining is John Holiday, who is John's frontrunner/most likely finalist atm, so they may be leaning towards him as well.

I'm only referring to The Voice because in AI there are more AA winners than the voice and considering the interval in which they won is ok. But in the voice it's so long and the robberies are too much.

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

The thing is, John has never even mentioned anything about politics on the show. Lol people are weird.

That's the part I don't get either. I mostly stick to twitter and see comments under The Voice tweets about how so and so isn't going to watch anymore because he's on there and they need to keep politics off the show. John is very outspoken, but he doesn't do it on the show at all. So it's all just so stupid. All it does is reflect on the person posting, not the person they're posting about.

• Like 4

I’ll just add they probably wouldn’t hire a very outspoken, right leaning coach, but if they did, we’d have the same type of comments coming from the other side. 

I don’t really give a sh*t what John or any of them believe, honestly. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ll just add they probably wouldn’t hire a very outspoken, right leaning coach, but if they did, we’d have the same type of comments coming from the other side. 

I don’t really give a sh*t what John or any of them believe, honestly. 

I think the thing to remember is that 2/3 of the country aren’t on social media at all.

That said, most of John’s positions are human rights and not political. I am not going to stop watching just because Blake is an avid hunter, but if they got someone who was outspoken against gay marriage, I might have to reconsider.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I think the thing to remember is that 2/3 of the country aren’t on social media at all.

That said, most of John’s positions are human rights and not political. I am not going to stop watching just because Blake is an avid hunter, but if they got someone who was outspoken against gay marriage, I might have to reconsider.

Blake is probably a conservative, but he likes his 25-$30 million per year paycheck, so he keeps it to himself. If I was an entertainer, I would do the exact same thing. Every time they advocate for some political cause or position on social media, they bleed fans, and turn off some potential fans, but I feel strongly that they have the right to do so. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Blake is probably a conservative, but he likes his 25-$30 million per year paycheck, so he keeps it to himself. If I was an entertainer, I would do the exact same thing. Every time they advocate for some political cause or position on social media, they bleed fans, and turn off some potential fans, but I feel strongly that they have the right to do so. 

Adam at one point said Blake was surprisingly liberal, mostly though I think he avoids politics entirely. He would lose fans either way. Dixie Chiks say hi.

I agree with you that they have the right to advocate for what they believe in.

Others have exactly as much right to no longer support them. 

Blake's fanbase is mostly conservative as a whole, and his fans would abandon him in a second if he publicly endorses Biden or something in that lane. He tweeted about Black Lives Matter and he got a good amount of hate in the comments.

I agree that everybody has the right to believe what they want to believe, and should be able to express it, but at the same time it's smarter to not alieniate the people that buy your records and support your projects.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 6
15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Blake's fanbase is mostly conservative as a whole, and his fans would abandon him in a second if he publicly endorses Biden or something in that lane. He tweeted about Black Lives Matter and he got a good amount of hate in the comments.

I agree that everybody has the right to believe what they want to believe, and should be able to express it, but at the same time it's smarter to not alieniate the people that buy your records and support your projects.

Chevel caught a decent amount of flack when she sang at the Democrat New Mexico Governor’s inauguration and inaugural ball, and did the climate change video with Chaka Khan. Honestly, I don’t think she’s very political, and most of her conservative fans just considered her age, and let it slide. Now that she’s 18, they probably wouldn’t be as forgiving, and I get the impression she’s aware of that. She would literally lose half of her fanbase overnight by endorsing Biden. LOL. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, French20 said:

John has the right to be against your president, just as people who vote Trump have the right to vote Trump

each his choice, those who spend their day under The Voice posts to insult, criticize John because of his political convictions have no life, they fill the void of their life by putting hatred against John

Exactly, he didn't even mention anything about politics on the show, ever (as he and the other coaches should, The Voice is not the place to get political, Blake's smart on staying out of politics)

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Chevel caught a decent amount of flack when she sang at the Democrat New Mexico Governor’s inauguration and inaugural ball, and did the climate change video with Chaka Khan. Honestly, I don’t think she’s very political, and most of her conservative fans just considered her age, and let it slide. Now that she’s 18, they probably wouldn’t be as forgiving, and I get the impression she’s aware of that. She would literally lose half of her fanbase overnight by endorsing Biden. LOL. 

she's 18 already?! she still feels so young lolol, she's growing quickly :haha:

2 hours ago, roundtown said:

That's the part I don't get either. I mostly stick to twitter and see comments under The Voice tweets about how so and so isn't going to watch anymore because he's on there and they need to keep politics off the show. John is very outspoken, but he doesn't do it on the show at all. So it's all just so stupid. All it does is reflect on the person posting, not the person they're posting about.

if anyone’s politics were going to affect the Voice ratings, it’s Mark Burnett. He pushed the mythology of Trump as super competent businessman during the Apprentice and is keeping the show‘s outtakes secret. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Nutterbutter said:

I don't think the hate is about politics. I could be wrong. Search Tom Hanks or John's wife on YouTube about a month or two ago I'd say. 

I’m not interested enough to go digging. Just say what’s on your mind....

If John's reputation is truly having a negative effect on the show's ratings and the outcome of his team's results, they would have canned him a long time ago just like they did with Adam. He's in his fourth straight season in. Clearly he's bringing in viewers. And considering how much he's being promoted over those 4 seasons despite the negative feedback, I'd say TPTB feels that the good far outweigh the bad.

I already said numerous that given the climate of the US right now, they have an incentive to finally push for an AA female to win. I would even go so far to say that they would ideally want Payge Turner to be that female, which also would give Gwen her first coaching win. If she doesn't work out, DeSz or Tamara would suffice. I'd imagine they'd settle for John Holiday when all else fails.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m not interested enough to go digging. Just say what’s on your mind....

Two words: Pizzagate. John and Chrissy are one of QAnon's favorite targets when it comes that conspiracy theory. And in the past months, a lot of people, especially on FB,  are being sucked in to QAnon and it's reflected in the comments.