idolforums.com
istersay

Voice General Discussion 2

12 hours ago, ashwinner said:

I was checking through the Wikipedia for S15 (because I read on the S13 one that Adam got no contestants in the finale after Addison, so I was checking) and I noticed that Dave Fenley "performed the song 'Make America Great Again' at the Republican National Convention in 2016." I didn't know they had performances at the RNC/DNC, so that's interesting.

Eww. I hope his opinion has changed since then

12 hours ago, ashwinner said:

Another note: we constantly talk about how John never likes when someone does his song, but he seemed very happy with Ricky Braddy's cover of "So High."

Pretty sure he was mostly happy they gave attention to one of his songs besides All of Me or Ordinary People (or Preach, but I don't think it had mainstream success, right?) for once lol.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Pretty sure he was mostly happy they gave attention to one of his songs besides All of Me or Ordinary People (or Preach, but I don't think it had mainstream success, right?) for once lol.

Preach got a decent amount of airtime near me in the first few months after it’s release but then again I live within half an hour of John’s hometown, so I’d imagine that skews things a bit. 

16 hours ago, Someone648 said:

He also did seem happy during Matthew Johnson's cover of "Ordinary People."

48 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

He also did seem happy during Matthew Johnson's cover of "Ordinary People."

Maybe he's less harsh with covers when they aren't necessarily vying for a spot on his team? Then again, Thunderstorm...

49 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Maybe he's less harsh with covers when they aren't necessarily vying for a spot on his team? .

I´m pretty sure it´s this. I´m not sure he would have turned around for neither of them had they done those songs in the blinds, i mean, he didn´t turn for Rose´s great rendition and let go of Tstorm who was his frontrunner. Those are signs that he´s clearly not a fan of people doing his song and then want him to coach them.

Kristin Husøy from the Voice Norway reminds me of Joanna Serenko a little bit, but I haven't heard enough to come to a conclusion on how similar they actually are. I listened to her cover of "Killing me Softly With His Song."

Edited by ashwinner
the formatting was ugly

I remember Miley using her tongue to press the button or was that just a figment of my imagination?

24 minutes ago, David68 said:

I remember Miley using her tongue to press the button or was that just a figment of my imagination?

I forget who she did that for but I remember seeing that too (I think it was S11 at some point not-blinds-but-still-pretaped)

1 hour ago, David68 said:

The most Mileyest thing that Miley has ever Mileyed.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, David68 said:

When stealing Josh Halverson in the battles in S11. It´s funny, I was just rewatching that battle, really enjoyed it.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

When stealing Josh Halverson in the battles in S11. It´s funny, I was just rewatching that battle, really enjoyed it.

Okay, thanks, that was in the third episode of The Voice I ever watched. 

Team Minivan is MAD at John for expresing his political viems against Trump, they say that he is just an entertainer and he shouldn't talk about political topics, but it's painfully obvious that they are angry only because he express a political viem that is OPPOSITE to theirs. 

They are also saying that they won't watch the show anymore if John is there. 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Team Minivan is MAD at John for expresing his political viems against Trump, they say that he is just an entertainer and he shouldn't talk about political topics, but it's painfully obvious that they are angry only because he express a political viem that is OPPOSITE to theirs. 

They are also saying that they won't watch the show anymore if John is there. 🤣🤣

If only they stopped watching.... then our winners wouldn't be tragic anymore

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, ashwinner said:

If only they stopped watching.... then our winners wouldn't be tragic anymore

Same, like nobody likes them except themselves. If we had a better and more open audience to all genres and styles, this would be a slayage show. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Same, like nobody likes them except themselves. If we had a better and more open audience to all genres and styles, this would be a slayage show. 

But out of 18 only five or six winners are country, one is a folk, one is a pastor while all the others are either pop or r&b soul.

Lol Idk why, but I saw again the performances of Midnight Train To Georgia, and Simone, Keisha, and Regina KILLED the 3 versions of the song. Regina and Simone are one of my favorite KO's of the voice, and Keisha wowww.

• Like 2

Haven’t been here in a long time and I see not much has changed.  The winners still get treated like crap, the fans still argue over the producers rigging the votes and which winner was better.  Good to see something familiar.  😂

also I see I lost my posts counts they were in the thousands before.  😢

• Like 1

8 hours ago, octoberdana said:

the fans still argue over the producers rigging the votes

Well you're right lol 

6 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Well you're right lol 

Uh let's see here in one particular finale...

28 minutes ago, David68 said:

Uh let's see here in one particular finale...

ROBBED QUEEN LAUREN DUSKI!

• Like 3

On 9/8/2020 at 9:36 PM, Zainab Tufail said:

But out of 18 only five or six winners are country, one is a folk, one is a pastor while all the others are either pop or r&b soul.

I didn't know that being a "pastor" is a genre!

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, ashwinner said:

I didn't know that being a "pastor" is a genre!

Lol his genre(s) is Classical/Southern Rock and Gospel I just said it cz he is a Pastor and by saying him pastor I didn't mean that his genre is pastor

20 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Lol his genre(s) is Classical/Southern Rock and Gospel I just said it cz he is a Pastor and by saying him pastor I didn't mean that his genre is pastor

I mean, you were labelling winners with their respective genres so lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1