idolforums.com
istersay

Voice General Discussion 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, seak05 said:

So I will say, I think all the coaches + Carson have said something. I think NBC put out a statement for all their shows, but I don't think any individual show has commented. 

One of them hasn't said anything.

Edited by Gmm99

15 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Brooke's post is getting a LOT of support from other Voice alumni, especially Season 13 of course (we stan this season for so many resons)

Also, this is Kelsea Johnson from Season 14's take (she goes by Aria Bleu now)

Can't say I disagree with her. She calls out Darcy in a comment below that.

Wow Kelsea go off hun lmao. 

Posted (edited)

Angel from Montgomery is a frequent cover on TV, generally from the Bonnie Raitt version of this John Prine song.  Bonnie played a solo accoustic version of Angel on the John Prine Tribute that streamed last night and is now on YT - for me, it was a really beautiful take. 

Edit. Took out the link to the Tribute performance because the video was removed. Too bad. I replaced with Bonnie's 2020 performance of Angel on the Grammies.  This is a nice version but I miss the heartbroken version from the Tribute. 

https://youtu.be/jv05dPfmx40

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 2

Thanks, glad to know of this. Really enjoyed listening to Bonnie sing it. It's sad to be without John, but we will always have his music. What a cool instrument leaning on the chesterfield behind Bonnie 👍👍 

• Like 1

A little surprised Gwen is coming back.  Probably shouldn't be.  Gwen is an icon with a solid fanbase.  It looks like TV is embracing the older demo - that's where The Voice dominates the ratings.  Gwen is fun and funny and that's what gives The Voice the advantage over Idol.   

Happy to here there will be lots of laughs on Season 19!

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I’m new here! I’m a big fan of the voice, mainly the divas. I’m excited to post here!

44 minutes ago, B-B said:

Hi everyone, I’m new here! I’m a big fan of the voice, mainly the divas. I’m excited to post here!

Welcome!  Tell us more.  Who are some of your favs and why.

2 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Welcome!  Tell us more.  Who are some of your favs and why.

In recent memory,  Maelyn obviously. But also Toneisha Harris and Rose Short for their huge ranges. I’m a big fan of females with big voices. Addison Agen also comes to mind because her tone is so beautiful 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, B-B said:

In recent memory,  Maelyn obviously. But also Toneisha Harris and Rose Short for their huge ranges. I’m a big fan of females with big voices. Addison Agen also comes to mind because her tone is so beautiful 

TASTE! Queen Maelyn slays everybody's souls!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, B-B said:

omg I agree with all of these - Addison especially!!!

22 hours ago, B-B said:

Congratulations on having impeccable taste.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Congratulations on having impeccable taste.

Haha thanks

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Completely random tweet from Noel Casler about the Voice. He worked on Celebrity Apprentice and has broken his NDA to talk about Donald Trump. But this tweet is about the hotel that the Voice contestants used to be put up at and their interactions with David Crosby.

Edited by AngelaKD

Haven't been around in a few months.  One of the last times I was here I revealed quite a bit about my real life business interests in a response post in this thread.  Covid has devastated them.  I've been occupied with the financial problems Covid created for my company every day & night since Covid broke out mainstream in mid-March.  Two days ago my badly bruised business interests brought me in direct contact with Kelly Clarksons thriving business interests.   

I'm primarily in the hotel business.  Combined, my two Hospitality companies are the 4th largest Hotelier in America - and I'm going broke.  In the 2nd Quarter my hotels lost $220 million. 

I'm the Chairman, along with Vice Chairman Chris Nassetta, of the Covid 19 Work Committee to bring business back to hotels for the American Hotel & Lodging Association.  We have a big, but delicate, budget to persuade Americans traveling America is safe during the Pandemic and hotels will keep them safe while they travel.   At one time or another over the last 35 years I've been the President or Chairman (or both) of every major Hotelier, Hospitality, Franchise & Private Hotel & Livery Association in America.  Covid has devastated the Hotel business.  I'm not looking for sympathy.  I'm sure almost everyone on this forum has experienced scary financial consequences from Covid - and I'm certain many have experienced dire, long term, life changing, devastating events as a result.  Everyone having a tough time financially as a result of Covid 19 has my sympathy and sincere hope for a recovery and better days very, very soon. 

My Committee is looking for a spokesperson to get Amercans to start traveling again and staying in hotels.  There are 13 people on the Committee and everyone has suggestions for who it should be.  In July we approached CAA for their opinion and they brought us a list of Celebrity Q Scores and, as they call it "Cold, Cool, Warm, and Hot" prospects for each type of business based on historic trends and current reality social media and broadcast trends.  Turns out Kelly Clarkson is near the top of the list in the "Warm" group in most traditional industries.  You could say she was one of the top 3 leaders across the broadest swath of traditional industries.  I can't reveal her Q Score but it is very impressive.  An offer was made to Clarkson through CAA Monday, August 3rd.  The offer was rejected Friday, August 7th.  We were disappointed but quickly moved on to another contender - I won't mention the celebs name because a few days after the offer was made this celebrity made politically charged statements in headlines that scared off the very traditional Hotelier Association - and the offer was withdrawn.  Fast forward to Thursday, August 20th: The Committee, still unhappy with the choices on the table, circled back to Kelly Clarkson, changed the framework of the offer & increased the financial compensation.  Clarkson's CAA agent called back Tuesday, August 25th with a potential compromise:  Allow Omnigroup (a specific producer at Omnigroup) to handle all aspects of filming the commercials under Clarkson's direct supervision. Clarkson would serve as creative director, co-writer & co-producer in collaboration with Omnigroup from beginning to end of the campaign.  Problem:  This collaboration blew a hole in the budget.  A BIG hole.  This hole is what brought me in direct contact with Clarkson last Monday afternoon.  Kelly Clarkson, along with her sister & mother, participated in a Zoom Conference Forum that included myself and 2 other members of the AH&LA Committee, 3 CAA reps, *Brandon Blackstock*, and three people I'm legally restricted from naming - 2 from Omnigroup and a well known Entertainment Manager.  Ultimately we did not strike a deal and left it on the table for Clarksons tribe of agents, advocates, and creative collaborators to consider.  

I was shocked how deeply Clarkson was involved in the minute details of the project and how fiercely she demanded creative control.  Her price is very high but it includes the cost for the best creative minds, technicians, ad & entertainment executives in America.  She knows what she's doing.  My gut tells me she'll leave our offer on the table.  I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Cranberrys
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

Haven't been around in a few months.  One of the last times I was here I revealed quite a bit about my real life business interests in a response post in this thread.  Covid has devastated them.  I've been occupied with the financial problems Covid created for my company every day & night since Covid broke out mainstream in mid-March.  Two days ago my badly bruised business interests brought me in direct contact with Kelly Clarksons thriving business interests.   

I'm primarily in the hotel business.  Combined, my two Hospitality companies are the 4th largest Hotelier in America - and I'm going broke.  In the 2nd Quarter my hotels lost $220 million. 

I'm the Chairman, along with Vice Chairman Chris Nassetta, of the Covid 19 Work Committee to bring business back to hotels for the American Hotel & Lodging Association.  We have a big, but delicate, budget to persuade Americans traveling America is safe during the Pandemic and hotels will keep them safe while they travel.   At one time or another over the last 35 years I've been the President or Chairman (or both) of every major Hotelier, Hospitality, Franchise & Private Hotel & Livery Association in America.  Covid has devastated the Hotel business.  I'm not looking for sympathy.  I'm sure almost everyone on this forum has experienced scary financial consequences from Covid - and I'm certain many have experienced dire, long term, life changing, devastating events as a result.  Everyone having a tough time financially as a result of Covid 19 has my sympathy and sincere hope for a recovery and better days very, very soon. 

My Committee is looking for a spokesperson to get Amercans to start traveling again and staying in hotels.  There are 13 people on the Committee and everyone has suggestions for who it should be.  In July we approached CAA for their opinion and they brought us a list of Celebrity Q Scores and, as they call it "Cold, Cool, Warm, and Hot" prospects for each type of business based on historic trends and current reality social media and broadcast trends.  Turns out Kelly Clarkson is near the top of the list in the "Warm" group in most traditional industries.  You could say she was one of the top 3 leaders across the broadest swath of traditional industries.  I can't reveal her Q Score but it is very impressive.  An offer was made to Clarkson through CAA Monday, August 3rd.  The offer was rejected Friday, August 7th.  We were disappointed but quickly moved on to another contender - I won't mention the celebs name because a few days after the offer was made this celebrity made politically charged statements in headlines that scared off the very traditional Hotelier Association - and the offer was withdrawn.  Fast forward to Thursday, August 20th: The Committee, still unhappy with the choices on the table, circled back to Kelly Clarkson, changed the framework of the offer & increased the financial compensation.  Clarkson's CAA agent called back Tuesday, August 25th with a potential compromise:  Allow Omnigroup (a specific producer at Omnigroup) to handle all aspects of filming the commercials under Clarkson's direct supervision. Clarkson would serve as creative director, co-writer & co-producer in collaboration with Omnigroup from beginning to end of the campaign.  Problem:  This collaboration blew a hole in the budget.  A BIG hole.  This hole is what brought me in direct contact with Clarkson last Monday afternoon.  Kelly Clarkson, along with her sister & mother, participated in a Zoom Conference Forum that included myself and 2 other members of the AH&LA Committee, 3 CAA reps, *Brandon Blackstock*, and three people I'm legally restricted from naming - 2 from Omnigroup and a well known Entertainment Manager.  Ultimately we did not strike a deal and left it on the table for Clarksons tribe of agents, advocates, and creative collaborators to consider.  

I was shocked how deeply Clarkson was involved in the minute details of the project and how fiercely she demanded creative control.  Her price is very high but it includes the cost for the best creative minds, technicians, ad & entertainment executives in America.  She knows what she's doing.  My gut tells me she'll leave our offer on the table.  I hope I'm wrong.

Thank you for sharing! I'm sure everyone here is very interested in your personal lives. We'd love if you continued to post about it here, in the Voice General Discussion thread 🙂

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

If you are who you say you are, it’s a little unusual to post all of that on a public forum. That said, do you believe the lack of demand for hotel rooms is specifically related to fear of the hotel itself, or due to a general reduction in travel? I’m guessing most people fear getting on a plane more than staying in a hotel. In-person business meetings have also been reduced to a minimal level. 

Edited by TeamAudra

What was the name of the one user (I think  it was "cherry" something)? Every season they would come on to the Spoilers thread to talk about how they auditioned and would be appearing on the next season. For some reason they immediately sprang to mind. 

10 minutes ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

What was the name of the one user (I think  it was "cherry" something)? Every season they would come on to the Spoilers thread to talk about how they auditioned and would be appearing on the next season. For some reason they immediately sprang to mind. 

Cherry1216

It's pretty despicable how NBC happens to cut their audition EVERY season :(

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

IHG, plus one of the other three I circled?  EDIT: Actually, it would have to be IGH plus RLH for the math to work out. 

kOim2Dk.png

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

IHG, plus one of the other three I circled?  EDIT: Actually, it would have to be IGH plus RLH for the math to work out. 

kOim2Dk.png

Audra,

I won't confirm or deny which companies are mine but you can easily google the 4th largest Hotelier (a combination of two companies - one private and one public) to find out my identity.  I won't confirm it but you will know.

To answer your questions about travel - all methods of domestic travel are down drastically.  Rail, air, and auto are all down more than 50%.  Airlines are the most depressed industry in the nation.  Most air carriers have announced massive lay offs of 60% or more of their work forces.  Delta announced 60,000 layoffs just a few days ago.  Virgin Atlantic is the largest to completely go out of business - it hasn't happened yet but Richard Branson has no alternative. Richard and I have a common business interest in a Cruise channel dock and parking accomodation in San Francisco.  He is selling his stock in that project at a loss.  Hotel occupancy for my hotels (in all 33 states) is down 70% - even worse in large market cities.  Roadside rural motels are doing better.  Most large cities have begun to rent out upscale urban hotel rooms for transients, the homeless, and to quarantine families who are suffering financial hardship. But my companies have not participated in that effort.  It is not a good strategy for our brand.  We've already felt the pain of lay-offs - 50% of our staff and do not want to get involved with all the problems that go along with government occupancy.  We can hold out for two years at 50% staff at our current occupancy levels.  If Covid 19s impact on our hotels current occupancy rates lasts two years I will lose everything.  I don't think that will happen.  The trend is slowly getting better.  People have cabin fever - and they want to get out and travel America.  Overseas travel is down 90% - a big advantage to American hoteliers.  I think business will begin to improve in the 4th quarter and get back to somewhere around 70% of pre-Covid occupancy rates by the end of 2021.  My businesses will survive, although much less profitable and with a lot of debt - but that's life.  It has it's ups and down's.  I'm still one of the luckiest men on earth and I won't complain.  Life is still very good for my family despite Covid 19.

Edited by Cranberrys

7 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

Audra,

I won't confirm or deny which companies are mine but you can easily google the 4th largest Hotelier (a combination of two companies - one private and one public) to find out my identity.  I won't confirm it but you will know.

To answer your questions about travel - all methods of domestic travel are down drastically.  Rail, air, and auto are all down more than 50%.  Airlines are the most depressed industry in the nation.  Most air carriers have announced massive lay offs of 60% or more of their work forces.  Delta announced 60,000 layoffs just a few days ago.  Virgin Atlantic is the largest to completely go out of business - it hasn't happened yet but Richard Branson has no alternative. Richard and I have a common business interest in a Cruise channel dock and parking accomodation in San Francisco.  He is selling his stock in that project at a loss.  Hotel occupancy for my hotels (in all 33 states) is down 70% - even worse in large market cities.  Roadside rural motels are doing better.  Most large cities have begun to rent out upscale urban hotel rooms for transients, the homeless, and to quarantine families who are suffering financial hardship. But my companies have not participated in that effort.  It is not a good strategy for our brand.  We've already felt the pain of lay-offs - 50% of our staff and do not want to get involved with all the problems that go along with government occupancy.  We can hold out for two years at 50% staff at our current occupancy levels.  If Covid 19s impact on our hotels current occupancy rates lasts two years I will lose everything.  I don't think that will happen.  The trend is slowly getting better.  People have cabin fever - and they want to get out and travel America.  Overseas travel is down 90% - a big advantage to American hoteliers.  I think business will begin to improve in the 4th quarter and get back to somewhere around 70% of pre-Covid occupancy rates by the end of 2021.  My businesses will survive, although much less profitable and with a lot of debt - but that's life.  It has it's ups and down's.  I'm still one of the luckiest men on earth and I won't complain.  Life is still very good for my family despite Covid 19.

I'm sorry but how are all of these recent posts connected to the General discussion of the Voice? Genuinely confused.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, realityshownerd said:

Back to the Voice——

Do you think there are gonna be any montages this year?

They are always montages but I rather them short clip or put the full performances on YouTube. 

• Like 1

Just now, thevoicefan12 said:

They are always montages but I rather them short clip or put the full performances on YouTube. 

On Season 15 there were no audition montages. Not even a short clip!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, realityshownerd said:

On Season 15 there were no audition montages. Not even a short clip!

Then I hope they continue with that for season 19

• Like 1