Jump to content

Voice General Discussion 2


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, TeamAudra said:


All of the songs on his EP are better than Sedona.  Maybe he didn’t mind letting that one go....

 

The best way to describe his EP.....If Sawyer were black.....

 

Because that’s basically the type of artist he is. I think he was a fish out of water on this show. For his own shows, he sits in a chair, plays his guitar, and sings his self penned songs. No band. No vocal gymnastics. 


You must not be following Sawyer lately. He has a band that he tours with and his music isn’t at all the quiet, sit on a stool, coffee-shop stuff you describe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Voice season 21 virtual casting is open for Dec 10 & 11th, if you've ever wanted to try to get past multiple rounds of producers and evaluators only to be mocked by people in an internet forum 

If that's true, I wish for Tanner a worse voice crack than Kyndal's in the playoffs 

If Olivia Reyes's friend's father is Jermaine Paul, then shouldn't she know The Voice won't be a life-changing experience? 🤣

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:


You must not be following Sawyer lately. He has a band that he tours with and his music isn’t at all the quiet, sit on a stool, coffee-shop stuff you describe.


It’s a similar vibe. If you disagree, fine. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, echoap said:

Maybe polarizing isn't the most accurate term. More interesting/talented teens is a bit more descriptive. 

 

I don't think they wanted teens in the finale these past three seasons. In said seasons, all the teens were mostly middle pack contestants at best, imo.

 

My guess is that this is kind of a cycle, and they are just shuffling the finalists, so their 'themes' don't  get too predictable, and therefore, boring. 

 

Well that somewhat mutes the show biggest criticism....that is....it's not a legitimate singing completion because none of it's winners are post show winners.  I mean, no one actually expects anyone older than 25 to suddenly find stardom, right?

 

23 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

Look at the wiki. And please stop

calling my opinions trolling. But also, I have an idea of how to stop people from actually trolling/harassing me.

 

It appears to me, you throw out what you know to be contrarian statements so you can claim to be a victim of intolerance.   That feels kinda dickish and sad at the same time.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting how much discussion there is over the placements and such. It seems frankly not worth the time seeing as how this season was significantly impacted by external factors combined with an already bad format in the first place.
 

I’m hoping nobody is actually taking Toneisha’s placement as a significant indicator, seeing as how this season was just a very extensive advertising campaign at best.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Spurrious said:

 

Well that somewhat mutes the show biggest criticism....that is....it's not a legitimate singing completion because none of it's winners are post show winners.  I mean, no one actually expects anyone older than 25 to suddenly find stardom, right?

 

 

It appears to me, you throw out what you know to be contrarian statements so you can claim to be a victim of intolerance.   That feels kinda dickish and sad at the same time.

That’s not true. My opinions are valid and because I am trying to state opinions in a way that’s not offensive to contestants or their fans, it is not rude/mean  like you imply with your colorful language.    I try to be respect of all opinions, but also my opinions aren’t popular with idf.  It’s like some of  idf has the same thought process of team minivan fans (bash those who don’t share your views), and unfortunately for me, neither group has the same opinion as I do. 

Edited by xfactor22
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spurrious said:

 

Well that somewhat mutes the show biggest criticism....that is....it's not a legitimate singing completion because none of it's winners are post show winners.  I mean, no one actually expects anyone older than 25 to suddenly find stardom, right?

Yep, we all love to compare The Voice to American Idol, but other than the singing aspect, they are very different shows. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xfactor22 said:

My opinions are valid and....

 

...As is else's opinion about the validity of your opinions.  Surely, you're not demanding one without the other?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spurrious said:

It appears to me, you throw out what you know to be contrarian statements so you can claim to be a victim of intolerance.   That feels kinda dickish and sad at the same time.

If you feel that way, then don't read xfactor's posts. If you are going to read them, and you disagree, at least try to disagree respectfully.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

 

...As is else's opinion about the validity of your opinions.  Surely, you're not demanding one without the other?

your opinion can be valid, but can still be stated rudely and argumentatively. this isn't an argument thread, its a discussion thread. please try to keep it civil

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

 

...As is else's opinion about the validity of your opinions.  Surely, you're not demanding one without the other?

Exactly. Everyone’s opinions are valid, regardless of how popular or unpopular they are!

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a contestant on this show I rooted for but might stop following all together, not for anything he or she did, but because his or her most vocal followers on IDF are just so full of hyperbole and BS to the point where it's delusional and obnoxious. And it's not enough for them to say he or she is one of the greatest singers in human history who will soon discover the cure for cancer and end world hunger, but they have to insult other contestants in the process just to prop up his or her pedestal even more.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

your opinion can be valid, but can still be stated rudely and argumentatively. this isn't an argument thread, its a discussion thread. please try to keep it civil

Exactly!  But I’m  being civil with my opinions, and trying my best not to offend anyone. I agree I went slightly off topic, but so is calling someone a troll and it hurts me when people call me a troll ,  because that’s  not true, but yes, a private message to the person calling me a troll asking why, or asking a mod would be more helpful than trying to defend myself, sadly. But yeah, I won’t focus too much more on it directly in this thread.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ashwinner said:

your opinion can be valid, but can still be stated rudely and argumentatively. this isn't an argument thread, its a discussion thread. please try to keep it civil

Aren't you the one who earlier this week tried to tell me my opinion would be more accurate If I saw it your way and then made up some fantasy about me claiming facts when I never did?  I think you are. 

#NoThanksNanny

#Blocked

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

There's a contestant on this show I rooted for but might stop following all together, not for anything he or she did, but because his or her most vocal followers on IDF are just so full of hyperbole and BS to the point where it's delusional and obnoxious. And it's not enough for them to say he or she is one of the greatest singers in human history who will soon discover the cure for cancer and end world hunger, but they have to insult other contestants in the process just to prop up his or her pedestal even more.

just cause other people go too far in being a fan doesn't mean you can't be a fan of the person

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Aren't you the one who tried to tell me my opinion would be more accurate If I saw it your way and then made up some fantasy about me claiming facts when I never did?  I think you are. 

#NoThanksNanny

#Blocked

....what?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trolls obviously don't exist on IDF (hi mods :kissbye:), but if you ever find one in your life, you're better off ignoring them. Attention is exactly what they are looking for. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, echoap said:

Trolls obviously don't exist on IDF (hi mods :kissbye:), but if you ever find one in your life, you're better off ignoring them. Attention is exactly what they are looking for. 

 

you're right (anyways I've blocked them lmao so I can't see any of their responses... oops!)

 

although... I do want to point out the difference between someone with an unpopular opinion and someone who is being rude objectively.

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, echoap said:

Trolls obviously don't exist on IDF (hi mods :kissbye:), but if you ever find one in your life, you're better off ignoring them. Attention is exactly what they are looking for. 

 

 

Yep...that's my plan.  Can I get your post engraved in a marble slab?  Just askin'. 

 

PS: Granite would be ok. 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

you're right (anyways I've blocked them lmao so I can't see any of their responses... oops!)

 

although... I do want to point out the difference between someone with an unpopular opinion and someone who is being rude objectively.

Re-read my post. It covers everything you've mentioned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, echoap said:

Trolls obviously don't exist on IDF (hi mods :kissbye:), but if you ever find one in your life, you're better off ignoring them. Attention is exactly what they are looking for. 

 

That’s true, or people in general who try to rile others , I’d also be better off ignoring rather than defending my opinions from. 

43 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

you're right (anyways I've blocked them lmao so I can't see any of their responses... oops!)

 

although... I do want to point out the difference between someone with an unpopular opinion and someone who is being rude objectively.

That’s true. A good distinction is this

 

Unpopular  but Civil opinion examples.

1. I think contestant a should’ve won over contestant b.

2. While  contestant c is a good technical singer, I prefer contestant d’s tone

 

rude/mean/jerk opinion example: 

1. Contestant E sucks so bad that anyone who likes them is an idiot 

2. Contestant F is the best contestant ever, so anyone who thinks Contestants G-J are better are obvious trolls who hate.

3. Contestant K sounds/looks/is a (insert derogatory comment here)


the three examples fine and lead  to good discussion between different opinions while the latter just is petty and hurtful.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ashwinner said:

If you feel that way, then don't read xfactor's posts. If you are going to read them, and you disagree, at least try to disagree respectfully.

 

8 hours ago, ashwinner said:

your opinion can be valid, but can still be stated rudely and argumentatively. this isn't an argument thread, its a discussion thread. please try to keep it civil

 

7 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

Exactly. Everyone’s opinions are valid, regardless of how popular or unpopular they are!

 

6 hours ago, echoap said:

Trolls obviously don't exist on IDF (hi mods :kissbye:), but if you ever find one in your life, you're better off ignoring them. Attention is exactly what they are looking for. 

 

These posts are perfectly said here!

 

Please everyone, I ask of you, to respect everyone's opinions. Everyone is entitled to have a different opinion. There is no need to look down on them or criticize their different opinions. And if you disagree, do so in a respectful manner. (!) Part of the forum rules is to be respectful towards all members. We do look in this and other threads here and there so please be respectful and take this as a warning. If comments go overboard and go in a really disrespectful root, things will be handled differently.

 

Carry on. And be respectful towards everyone.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

 

 

 

These posts are perfectly said here!

 

Please everyone, I ask of you, to respect everyone's opinions. Everyone is entitled to have a different opinion. There is no need to look down on them or criticize their different opinions. And if you disagree, do so in a respectful manner. (!) Part of the forum rules is to be respectful towards all members. We do look in this and other threads here and there so please be respectful and take this as a warning. If comments go overboard and go in a really disrespectful root, things will be handled differently.

 

Carry on. And be respectful towards everyone.

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2020 at 9:25 AM, TeamAudra said:


More evidence of the power of Blake Shelton. 
 

Also...Kelly’s power is overrated. She’s second behind Blake, but it’s not really close. I think deep down, we all knew that. 

So Audra - you came to that conclusion based on Toneisha's 2nd place finish?  Seriously?

 

I think you're wrong by a long shot.  I have no official data about this specific issue - but neither do you.  Let's analyze the anecdotal evidence along with the verifiable empirical data we know to be fact:

 

Kelly signed her The Voice contract, confirmed by Variety, in late 2017, for $560K per episode = $14 to $15 million per season (25 to 27 episodes) = $28 to $30 million per year.  Kelly won 3 of her first 4 seasons.  Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani signed new TV contracts, with raises, just days prior to the beginning of season 17, widely reported to be approximately $14 million per season each - still at least $1 million below Clarkson's inaugural season 14 contract.  Kelly Clarkson signed a new NBCUniversal deal in late 2018 for The Voice, Awards Shows, Specials (Holidays), future Christmas Specials, The Kelly Clarkson Show, and a $10 million content development contract for Clarkson and her husband, Manager & Executive Producer, Brandon Blackstock.  The value of Clarkson's new contract has not been revealed but Clarkson certainly got a raise from her original $560K per episode season 14 The Voice salary which makes her the highest paid coach on The Voice by a considerable sum.  Kelly's husband, Brandon Blackstock, manages both Clarkson and Blake Shelton. Managers typically earn 20% of client earnings above $5 million.  That means Kelly Clarkson's family is earning at least an additional $3 million from Clarkson's TV salary and an additional $2 million (probably more) from Shelton's TV salary and more from other entertainment income Shelton earns.   Clarkson and her husband Brandon are bringing home somewhere in the vicinity of $21 to $22 million per season ($42 to $44 million per year) minimum from TV alone.  Add in The Kelly Clarkson Show salary (reported to be $7 to $8 million for her first season) - however her show was renewed for season 2 quickly due to outstanding ratings November 18th, 2019 just 6 weeks after it's debut - and it's certain Clarkson will earn more for season 2 of The Kelly Clarkson Show and for additional programming duties like the Billboard Music Awards, Red Nose Day, other specials, and Holiday programs.  This puts Clarkson somewhere in the $52 to $55 million per year salary range from NBCUniversal (excluding the $10 million development deal) - which makes her NBC's highest paid star by a looooooong shot. Ellen makes more but she doesn't work for NBCUniversal. The Kelly Clarkson Show received 7 Emmy nominations (more than any other Entertainment Talk Show), including nods for BEST ENTERTAINMENT TALK SHOW, and BEST ENTERTAINMENT TALK SHOW HOST.  Clarkson takes home at least $20 million more from the network than Blake Shelton earns from NBC.  

 

Blake is certainly popular and has a strong country fanbase - but Clarkson's base extends across genres and demographics.  Clarkson is more famous than Shelton and has the added advantage of her national daytime talk show & multiple Television entertainment formats available to her, assets Shelton does not have, to promote her brand and NBC's full network schedule of brands.

 

Kelly Clarkson for the win - a permanent Red Chair on The Voice - and reigning Queen of NBC.

Edited by Cranberrys
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

So Audra - you came to that conclusion based on Toneisha's 2nd place finish?  Seriously?

 

I think you're wrong by a long shot.  I have no official data about this specific issue - but neither do you.  Let's analyze the anecdotal evidence along with the verifiable empirical data we know to be fact:

 

Kelly signed her The Voice contract, confirmed by Variety, in late 2017, for $560K per episode = $14 to $15 million per season (25 to 27 episodes) = $28 to $30 million per year.  Kelly won 3 of her first 4 seasons.  Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani signed new TV contracts, with raises, just days prior to the beginning of season 17, widely reported to be approximately $14 million per season each - still at least $1 million below Clarkson's inaugural season 14 contract.  Kelly Clarkson signed a new NBCUniversal deal in late 2018 for The Voice, Awards Shows, Specials (Holidays), future Christmas Specials, The Kelly Clarkson Show, and a $10 million content development contract for Clarkson and her husband, Manager & Executive Producer, Brandon Blackstock.  The value of Clarkson's new contract has not been revealed but Clarkson certainly got a raise from her original $560K per episode season 14 The Voice salary which makes her the highest paid coach on The Voice by a considerable sum.  Kelly's husband, Brandon Blackstock, manages both Clarkson and Blake Shelton. Managers typically earn 20% of client earnings above $5 million.  That means Kelly Clarkson's family is earning at least an additional $3 million from Clarkson's TV salary and an additional $2 million (probably more) from Shelton's TV salary and more from other entertainment income Shelton earns.   Clarkson and her husband Brandon are bringing home somewhere in the vicinity of $21 to $22 million per season ($42 to $44 million per year) minimum from TV alone.  Add in The Kelly Clarkson Show salary (reported to be $7 to $8 million for her first season) - however her show was renewed for season 2 quickly due to outstanding ratings November 18th, 2019 just 6 weeks after it's debut - and it's certain Clarkson will earn more for season 2 of The Kelly Clarkson Show and for additional programming duties like the Billboard Music Awards, Red Nose Day, other specials, and Holiday programs.  This puts Clarkson somewhere in the $52 to $55 million per year salary range from NBCUniversal (excluding the $10 million development deal) - which makes her NBC's highest paid star by a looooooong shot. Ellen makes more but she doesn't work for NBCUniversal. Clarkson takes home at least $20 million more than Blake Shelton earns from NBC.  

 

Blake is certainly popular and has a strong country fanbase - but Clarkson's base extends across genres and demographics.  Clarkson is more famous than Shelton and has the added advantage of her national daytime talk show & multiple Television entertainment formats available to her, assets Shelton does not have, to promote her brand and NBC's full network schedule of brands.

 

Kelly Clarkson for the win - a permanent Red Chair on The Voice - and reigning Queen of NBC.

 

And even with all that you mentioned, Micah still came in 5th.

  • Haha 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...