istersay

Voice General Discussion 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

What year did the Voice US start?

The first episode was April 26, 2011.

Edited by Vinyl

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

What are some of the stereotypes you think were gonna get in season 19s bunch of contestants 

Reggae Death Metal contestants 

, Indie-Jazz Country country contestants, R&B-Buegrass contestants, and Latin-Screamo contestants. 😛

31 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Tbh, Lauren was pimped a lot more, Chris wasn’t really. But with Alicia’s awesome coaching, and his amazing talent, he was able to overcome the Lauren pimpage and rightfully win. 

Imagine thinking that when Chris got 2 pimp spots and a god song lol.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Reggae Death Metal contestants 

, Indie-Jazz Country country contestants, R&B-Buegrass contestants, and Latin-Screamo contestants. 😛

Yay for Metal contestant 

Battles are a bit ....

Sorry for the low quality

52 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Tbh, Lauren was pimped a lot more, Chris wasn’t really. But with Alicia’s awesome coaching, and his amazing talent, he was able to overcome the Lauren pimpage and rightfully win. 

Brady Bunch K GIF

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Joanna´s performance didn´t help her at all and her support was not as strong as we initally thought,  so I do think Tstorm still would have had PV. But yeah, it´s the bloodbath were Blake´s power really comes through.

And if anyone needed more proof of his power, just check out S16. 

I would argue to the contrary. She got the semifinals spot going first in a four person sing off. That person almost never wins. 

Then they instituted a team cap all of a sudden. Why would they do that? To prevent another Blake dominated finale maybe?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

I would argue to the contrary. She got the semifinals spot going first in a four person sing off. That person almost never wins. 

Then they instituted a team cap all of a sudden. Why would they do that? To prevent another Blake dominated finale maybe?

I would say it's less about one coach dominating than The Voice wanting as many coaches as possible still active, since they're who the show emphasizes. The first time they eliminated the coach quota, Christina just sat there doing nothing the final few weeks. And that's how Adam went out his final season. Without the coach quota, there's a real chance both Kelly and John wouldn't have been in the finale.

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

That (again) was nothing more than bait. Someone is bored. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, antikid said:

Not a diss to Alicia but her highest-placing contestant from each season she was on was HELLA pimped. I love her and agree that all of them deserved finale in their season but no denying they were heavily pimped. She also got a lot of talented people in the Blinds each season. 

Hey, I never implied that Britton deserved the Finale.  :haha: 

18 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

What are some of the stereotypes you think were gonna get in season 19s bunch of contestants 

Probably country females for Blake and non-polarizing teens for Kelly. 

44 minutes ago, echoap said:

Hey, I never implied that Britton deserved the Finale.  :haha: 

Probably country females for Blake and non-polarizing teens for Kelly. 

How will they know who’s polarizing before a single episode airs? We’re at 3 consecutive seasons without a teen in the finale. In fact, there’s been a wild swing in the other direction. S17 finalists were all over 30, and S18 winner and runner up are both over 40. It’s obvious the show likes having teens make it to the end. Where did they go wrong? 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

That (again) was nothing more than bait. Someone is bored. 

Not bait. Chris is awesome. Idf just hates Chris. Also funny when you call opinions you disagree with bait  in order to discredit them. 

Edited by xfactor22
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

1. Chris wasn’t the only one who got a Christian song. So did Aliyah and Lauren also. Look at the wiki.

2. Christian songs don’t always work out

3. Consistently singing country is more of an advantage than singing 1 Christian song

4. According to the past seasons, finale pimp spots don’t always work out in the end for a an, so essentially, without showstopper performances, the finale pimp spot is meaningless.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

His original song was soporific.

he wrote it, which just makes it sad tbh

1 hour ago, xfactor22 said:

Memes don’t invalidate a post as false. 

Not bait. Chris is awesome. Idf just hates Chris. Also funny when you call opinions you disagree with bait  in order to discredit them. 

1. Chris wasn’t the only one who got a Christian song. So did Aliyah and Lauren also. Look at the wiki.

2. Christian songs don’t always work out

3. Consistently singing country is more of an advantage than singing 1 Christian song

4. According to the past seasons, finale pimp spots don’t always work out in the end for a an, so essentially, without showstopper performances, the finale pimp spot is meaningless.

Not even worth trying to explain when you're obviously trolling/trying to trigger or simply being delusional

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, antikid said:

Not even worth trying to explain when you're obviously trolling/trying to trigger or simply being delusional

Look at the wiki. And please stop

calling my opinions trolling. But also, I have an idea of how to stop people from actually trolling/harassing me.

Edited by xfactor22

27 minutes ago, holinessss said:

he wrote it, which just makes it sad tbh

There are reasons why most hit songs are co-writes.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

There are reasons why most hit songs are co-writes.

All of the songs on his EP are better than Sedona.  Maybe he didn’t mind letting that one go....

The best way to describe his EP.....If Sawyer were black.....

Because that’s basically the type of artist he is. I think he was a fish out of water on this show. For his own shows, he sits in a chair, plays his guitar, and sings his self penned songs. No band. No vocal gymnastics. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

How will they know who’s polarizing before a single episode airs? We’re at 3 consecutive seasons without a teen in the finale. In fact, there’s been a wild swing in the other direction. S17 finalists were all over 30, and S18 winner and runner up are both over 40. It’s obvious the show likes having teens make it to the end. Where did they go wrong? 

Maybe polarizing isn't the most accurate term. More interesting/talented teens is a bit more descriptive. 

I don't think they wanted teens in the finale these past three seasons. In said seasons, all the teens were mostly middle pack contestants at best, imo.

My guess is that this is kind of a cycle, and they are just shuffling the finalists, so their 'themes' don't  get too predictable, and therefore, boring. 

1 hour ago, antikid said:

Let's please reframe from accusing and calling people trolls or calling them delusional for voicing different opinions from us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If yall haven't seen already:

Yeah now its 100% confirmed lol. TStorm got Katie Kadan'd. Oh well no one was beating Todd anyways so who cares.

Posted (edited)

Double post

Edited by Maxwell

3 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Yeah now its 100% confirmed lol. TStorm got Katie Kadan'd. Oh well no one was beating Todd anyways so who cares.

Tstorm and Nick's stans flopped!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Had a feeling that being the Instant Save wasn't a big hindrance for Toneisha! Congrats to her on 2nd 🙂

In The Voice Australia season 3, Anja Nissen needed a wild card/save to get the 5th spot in the finale (1 contestant per coach as well) and she ended up winning the competition over everyone that got saved by the public. :haha: Would've been interesting to see it happen over here as well.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Had a feeling that being the Instant Save wasn't a big hindrance for Toneisha! Congrats to her on 2nd 🙂

In The Voice Australia season 3, Anja Nissen needed a wild card/save to get the 5th spot in the finale (1 contestant per coach as well) and she ended up winning the competition over everyone that got saved by the public. :haha: Would've been interesting to see it happen over here as well.

I wonder if Toneisha was running second in votes the whole time. Why couldn't they have just given Todd Sudds in the Bucket :/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1