idolforums.com
istersay

Voice General Discussion 2

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

Toneisha is the only AA woman to get 2nd place!

More evidence of the power of Blake Shelton. 

Also...Kelly’s power is overrated. She’s second behind Blake, but it’s not really close. I think deep down, we all knew that. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Also...Kelly’s power is overrated. She’s second behind Blake, but it’s not really close. I think deep down, we all knew that. 

I have to agree, Kelly needs the right contestant to have success as oppossed to Blake who can take literally anyone to the finale.

If you look at Kelly´s stats:

Season 14: They set her up to win basically, because it was her first season, and apart from that, Brynn fits into the teenage girl contestant that Minivan loves.

Season 15: Young country girl (A vote magnet)

Season 17: Country male (And the only one on the top 13 for that matter)

Whereas in S16, she put her money on an  R&B singer that pretty much declined with each week, and got cut early. I think Rod could have made to the finale tho had there not been that much country singers left.

And S18, her initial frontrunner declined with questionable song choices and a polarizing tone, and her final frontrunner while good, is not the type of singer that resonates with the audience. She would have most probably been shut out of the finale if it wasn´t for the team quota.

What I´m saying here is that I think Kelly is a damn good coach, she has notoriously improved several of her artists and can be very strategic with good results, but a lot of people have been stating that The Voice is now her show. It´s not. It´s still Blake´s. The second that guy leaves, it´s pretty much over for The Voice, since Kelly stans are not really the core audience of the show, much less the Nick stans, who were pretty disappointing this season to say the least lol

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Wow, I wasn't surprised at all that Todd beat Thunderstorm, but Toneshia beating him too is amazing. 

There's part of me that thinks that had there not been a team limit, we would have seen a Todd, Toneshia, Joanna top 3...(well, if she sang Unaware the first night..)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I have to agree, Kelly needs the right contestant to have success as oppossed to Blake who can take literally anyone to the finale.

If you look at Kelly´s stats:

Season 14: They set her up to win basically, because it was her first season, and apart from that, Brynn fits into the teenage girl contestant that Minivan loves.

Season 15: Young country girl (A vote magnet)

Season 17: Country male (And the only one on the top 13 for that matter)

Whereas in S16, she put her money on an  R&B singer that pretty much declined with each week, and got cut early. I think Rod could have made to the finale tho had there not been that much country singers left.

And S18, her initial frontrunner declined with questionable song choices and a polarizing tone, and her final frontrunner while good, is not the type of singer that resonates with the audience. She would have most probably been shut out of the finale if it wasn´t for the team quota.

What I´m saying here is that I think Kelly is a damn good coach, she has notoriously improved several of her artists and can be very strategic with good results, but a lot of people have been stating that The Voice is now her show. It´s not. It´s still Blake´s. The second that guy leaves, it´s pretty much over for The Voice, since Kelly stans are not really the core audience of the show, much less the Nick stans, who were pretty disappointing this season to say the least lol

Also....

Kelly has had four finalists in her 5 seasons. Blake has had 10. His strength is evident in the bloodbath and the finale. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Blake was going to take all three PVs, before they changed the rules. 

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Also....

Kelly has had four finalists in her 5 seasons. Blake has had 10. His strength is evident in the bloodbath and the finale. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Blake was going to take all three PVs, before they changed the rules. 

Joanna´s performance didn´t help her at all and her support was not as strong as we initally thought,  so I do think Tstorm still would have had PV. But yeah, it´s the bloodbath were Blake´s power really comes through.

And if anyone needed more proof of his power, just check out S16. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Wow! Congrats to her! They probably didn´t announce the runner up placement because the top 2 were from the same coach, which is stupid tbh, or they just ran out of time.

i think Carson just messed up. At least no one thought he had a stroke on air! (Reference to Idol and Seacrest for those who didn’t hear about it.)

PS: I told you all that TStorm had Matt Schuler energy.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Haha 1

I will say though that although people sometimes overestimate her power, Kelly has been by far Blake´s most formidable opponent in terms of rallying the audience. She did more in 4 seasons that Adam could have ever done.

Kelly just didn't have any consistently good singers or "minivan bait" contestants this season. Megan kinda flopped in the PO when she needed to shine to become a frontrunner, her KO was good but not THE moment she needed. Micah was good with some missteps but never really realized his full potential that his battle hinted at and in the end riding in the similar lane as TStorm doomed him. 

15 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

It matters because Pentecostals are, by and large, considered a cult.  In the deep south many Pentecostal Holiness Church women don't wear makeup or cut their hair.  Many don't allow televisions or radios in their homes.  The strict Pentecostals abhor everything related to pop culture and consider it's inclusion in daily life to be a sin.  Alcohol is forbidden.  The vast majority of Pentecostal sects believe in Divine Healing.  Many Pentecostal sects refuse modern medicine and eschew doctors and medicines altogether.  Many southern sects handle poisonous snakes during church services.  All Pentecostal's speak in "tongues" and the religion generally subjugates women.  They do a hell of a lot more crazy stuff - Google it yourself but Pentecostals constantly reedit the Wikipedia pages the same way Scientologists reedit Scientology - so you'll have to dig deeper.

I don’t know much  about Pentecostal churches, but let’s not spread rumors about that denomination.  Many  have been spreading rumors about my denomination of Christian faith (Catholic), other Christian denominations of faith, and other religions in general. Let’s not paint a broad brush on Pentecostals and such either. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Both season (16&18) where the TPTB or circumstances dictated unwanted changes to the show....Blake's core of voters are the ones who stood up and voted for his team. Keeping the casuals engaged (ie, Maelyn) may be the the only hope for different outcomes.    

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

This also confirms that Nick Jonas is a total flop, as a coach. He's around Miley's level tbh. 

Kelly's power is definitely overrated. Over a span of five seasons, she's got only three top 4 Finalists. Alicia did the same with three seasons in the show. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, antikid said:

Kelly just didn't have any consistently good singers or "minivan bait" contestants this season. Megan kinda flopped in the PO when she needed to shine to become a frontrunner, her KO was good but not THE moment she needed. Micah was good with some missteps but never really realized his full potential that his battle hinted at and in the end riding in the similar lane as TStorm doomed him. 

Yeah, like I said, Kelly needs the right contestants to have success. Last season for example, she took the Blake route, gathered contestants that were hated by IDF but were Minivan bait, the classic country male, a guy who rallied around vocal gymnastics and was liked by Minivan until his collapse, two young girls with emotional backstories, and a young pop male who was on the verge to success on the show but got screwed by song choice. Snowflake killers all around, and she did it. She beat Blake using his own strategy.

But this season, she had none of that type of contestants and flopped, whereas Blake, in S17 took the opposite of his usual route and kicked out all his country singers and still managed to take Ricky to runner up status, and the only reason he lost was because the aformentioned country male on Kelly´s team.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know why anyone would debate that it's still the Blake Shelton show. He's been there for 18 seasons FFS.

To able to beat it, it has to be very strategic: multiple people in the same finale so his votes get splits, a Maelyn/Allisan/Jordan consistent star, going country vs him in the finale if you're popular enough (like Kelly S17). 

I don't see the point in debating that, I just think it sucks. I wonder if they actually put effort into the show, creating new stars, putting on some good mix of music, changing coaches.. Losing Blake would hit them hard for a season or two, but I genuinely believe the product/excitement/unpredictability would be higher without him there, and the winners would be better 100%

I think Marybeth going country in S17 could have lead her to victory, but John was more focused on Katie, and i would say rightfully so, she was more unique. 

Edited by Theleaguan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, echoap said:

This also confirms that Nick Jonas is a total flop, as a coach. He's around Miley's level tbh. 

Kelly's power is definitely overrated. Over a span of five seasons, she's got only three top 4 Finalists. Alicia did the same with three seasons in the show. 

Not a diss to Alicia but her highest-placing contestant from each season she was on was HELLA pimped. I love her and agree that all of them deserved finale in their season but no denying they were heavily pimped. She also got a lot of talented people in the Blinds each season

Edited by antikid
  • Confused 1

Blake obviously has a lot of fans who watch the show, but I think people are somewhat overlooking the fact that the contestants who tend to pick him, also tend to align with team Minivan's taste. Country males tend to do well on the show, the best country males tend to pick Blake (duh, you would too if you were a country male), last season Blake didn't turn for Jake, Jake won with Kelly. The best Diva of the season tends to do well on the show, Rose and Katie K both made the finale last year. And Blake is also (usually) smart enough to make sure he doesn't have 3 country singers competing in the lives, in s16 we only had that many team Blake country males because of the live knockouts, otherwise they would've all been up against each other etc. Contestants like CamWess and Zan don't generally pick Blake. So Blake's power tends to be amplified by the fact that the contestants who choose him are also in line with viewer preferences.

Anyways I feel as if we haven't gotten a really good country female singer in a while, hope we get one in s19...and for her sake I hope she picks Blake  

Next season I feel like they'll want a younger winner, at least someone in their 20s and they definitely won't want another country winner, in the last 4 seasons we had 2 country winners and one that occasionally dabbled in it 

3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

If they were fermented grapes, they could be wine - and if I drank it I still wouldn't be drunk enough to understand the rant/tantrum being thrown. Imagine getting so wrapped around the axel about a televised singing competition that you can't comprehend anyone you don't like winning the show. Yikes.

Yes, it's quite the phenomenon, indeed and quite silly.

50 minutes ago, antikid said:

Next season I feel like they'll want a younger winner, at least someone in their 20s and they definitely won't want another country winner, in the last 4 seasons we had 2 country winners and one that occasionally dabbled in it 

Todd isn´t really country, but most people think he is just because he sang a couple of country songs and he´s Team Blake, so I feel they definitely won´t want a male country singer win next season, or an older male for that matter. Either way if Nick´s really leaving as speculated (because we got his movie production news but not coach renewal), they are gonna pimp the returning coach, or the new coach if they get someone now. It didn´t work out this season since Nick lost, so I imagine them going all  in on S19.

30 minutes ago, holinessss said:

wow, tstorm really flopped and he didn't even get bussed...

His original song was soporific.

I would like The Voice to implement a format of 10 votes TOTAL per email.

Each person gets 10 votes to divide between their favorite artist. It should be about the contestant not about the coach, Blake getting #1 and #2 due to his huge fan-base power voting 10 to both of them only, is not fair, it's not about the coach. 

• Like 1

What are some of the stereotypes you think were gonna get in season 19s bunch of contestants 

4 hours ago, Theleaguan said:

I don't know why anyone would debate that it's still the Blake Shelton show. He's been there for 18 seasons FFS.

Blake Shelton is the top star that The Voice has produced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, antikid said:

Not a diss to Alicia but her highest-placing contestant from each season she was on was HELLA pimped. I love her and agree that all of them deserved finale in their season but no denying they were heavily pimped. She also got a lot of talented people in the Blinds each season

Tbh, Lauren was pimped a lot more, Chris wasn’t really. But with Alicia’s awesome coaching, and his amazing talent, he was able to overcome the Lauren pimpage and rightfully win. 

• Like 1