idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

Voice General Discussion 2

3 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

I hope Blake wasn't stupid enough to suggest "Stronger" to Toneisha.  That was a terrible song choice that left Toneisha in a no-win situation.  I think the contestants have a strong voice in what they sing in the lives.  Toneisha made a dumb mistake or she's incredibly arrogant to think she could do anything with that song that would help her.  Either way it proves she has no chance of winning.

No offense but this post is really dramatic. I like Toneisha but she had zero chance of winning, especially with Todd on the same team.  It just wasn't/isn't happening. I really don't know what to believe. Every time I give the show the benefit of the doubt in terms of letting the contestants choose their song choices, it comes out that they are an active participant in picking songs for the contestant. Giving them a short list and letting them choose is not what I mean by choice. I feel like Idol is much better at letting contestants pick their own songs. There is rarely a time I question songs on Idol. You can tell cause a lot of them pick obscure songs that actually coincide with their style. 

Carson talk to the coach after the first at home show. (Georestricted US only)

Since they stopped recording songs for the early rounds however many seasons ago, I just realized no one from season 18 is getting any songs on iTunes. Instead of cars, The Voice will probably give them a box of face masks with The Voice logo on them. 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Vinyl said:

Since they stopped recording songs for the early rounds however many seasons ago, I just realized no one from season 18 is getting any songs on iTunes. Instead of cars, The Voice will probably give them a box of face masks with The Voice logo on them. 🤣

there's this one channel that uploaded lyric videos of some of the playoffs performances so i downloaded the audio and boom i basically got a studio version 

2 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

Think of all the money they’re saving going from 400+ production team for live shows to 30. Cheap bastards will probably just let them keep the cameras and tablet. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Think of all the money they’re saving going from 400+ production team for live shows to 30. Cheap bastards will probably just let them keep the cameras and tablet. 

They probably get to keep the wardrobe and surface, but they may have to return the cameras and other equipment (lights?) in a prepaid box. 

50 minutes ago, season1 said:

They probably get to keep the wardrobe and surface, but they may have to return the cameras and other equipment (lights?) in a prepaid box. 

Allegra said she receive 30-40 outfit and tons of shoes. Cedrice said she receive 15 outfits :giggle:. Maybe they ship more to Allegra or maybe she overestimating the number of outfits. 

1 hour ago, Dany said:

Allegra said she receive 30-40 outfit and tons of shoes. Cedrice said she receive 15 outfits :giggle:. Maybe they ship more to Allegra or maybe she overestimating the number of outfits. 

Maybe the sent more outfits to Allegra because she's far away from CA while Cedrice is in the same state and they can send her more if none of the 15 works.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, season1 said:

Maybe the sent more outfits to Allegra because she's far away from CA while Cedrice is in the same state and they can send her more if none of the 15 works.

Maybe they knew Cedrice wouldn’t be on the show much longer, and didn’t need many outfits. LOL

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Maybe they knew Cedrice wouldn’t be there long, and didn’t need many outfits. LOL

Ouch. Harsh but true :(

They actually put together a good group of contestants this season, and they all got shafted by both COVID-19 and the super short season. No iTunes recordings, no live performances on TV, no interaction with a crowd or crew. If they get a celebrity or coach duet, it won't be the same since they're not sharing the same stage. Winner will celebrate with his or her immediate household, and then go to sleep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

how's the version of duets gonna go this time?

this is what the masked singer came up with, so maybe something like this but less sexually charged...and maybe in black and white lol

Posted (edited)

Kelly has already invited Mandi and Cedrice to sing with her sometime during her Vegas residency. Kelly cancelled all her dates scheduled for this year, but new dates are going to be scheduled for 2021.

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Kelly has already invited Mandi and Cedrice to sing with her sometime during her Vegas residency. Kelly cancelled all her dates scheduled for this year, but new dates are going to be scheduled for 2021.

Another reason to love Kelly

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

queens only!

• Like 1

Kelly talked about some of the difficulties of doing The Voice remotely during her interview with Seth Myers last night. She said she was having all sorts of problems on Tuesday, it took right up to the last minute for everything to start working for her. After Seth asked about working on her talk show Kelly went back and talked about her experience working on The Voice more. It seems like she's more stressed out about doing The Voice because of how many people are watching. She said she was getting pit sweat while shooting packages for The Voice because it's just her and her husband doing the lighting and filming and they don't really know what they're doing. Kelly also mentioned that because she and Blake are both located in such remote locations they are experiencing 5 to 6 second delays and she can't really look at the video because the audio isn't lining up so it's disorienting. The delay is also causing them to talk over each other and it's pretty impossible to take jabs at each other like they normally would because of the timing. Kelly is determined to find a way to still give Blake a hard time though. 

• Like 1

Stupid coach skit  of the week :giggle:

• Like 1

Various Internet POLL who will win the voice 

It worth what it worth since it doesn't always(almost never) fit the voting demographic

Talent Recap poll. Who will win the voice

https://talentrecap.com/vote-whos-your-favorite-to-win-the-voice-season-18/

TStrom 22%

Todd 13%

Allegra 13%

Toneisha 11%

Megan 8%

* It was done during the top 20

Golderby

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/the-voice-top-9-rankings-season-18-poll/

TStrom 27%

Toneisha 22%

Micah 12%

Todd 11%

Allegra 11%

TVLine

https://tvline.com/2020/05/06/the-voice-predictions-final-four-singers-season-18/

TStrom 21%

Todd 20%

CammWess 13%

Toneisha 11%

Allegra 9%

Megan 8%

Reddit they have done it by team and the result are very different :wacko:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thevoice/comments/gffnl7/the_top_17_public_power_rankings_results/

7x0j1atzmex41.png?width=574&format=png&a

edbc5fobnex41.png?width=571&format=png&a

nwiny8o6oex41.png?width=573&format=png&a

p5m7hpjfoex41.png?width=572&format=png&a

17 hours ago, Dany said:

Reddit they have done it by team and the result are very different :wacko:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thevoice/comments/gffnl7/the_top_17_public_power_rankings_results/

As someone who's semi-active over in the Reddit bubble, the preferences for not-country-adjacent and not-Minivan-faves doesn't surprise me; they love a good indie-ish voice but CammWess's KO was well-received so I'm not surprised at him beating Zan, and Toneisha rode in on the "token power diva" card this season + the high from her KO so I can see how she snuck past Joanna.

Posted (edited)

What's the minimum age for TV entrants?

This is only the tip of the iceberg.  She plays insane bossanova & Classical Spanish guitar, too.

Edited by Drew1903

23 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

What's the minimum age for TV entrants?

This is only the tip of the iceberg.  She plays insane bossanova & Classical Spanish guitar, too.

Pretty sure you have to be 13 to audition, but at the rate teenagers make it through the show they might as well do a Voice Kids.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Pretty sure you have to be 13 to audition, but at the rate teenagers make it through the show they might as well do a Voice Kids.

Tell them to pick Kelly

• Haha 1

The point is she is worth doing a search.  You will be VERY impressed & in awe. Her name is Miumiu

• Like 2

Just now, Drew1903 said:

The point is she is worth doing a search.  You will be VERY impressed & in awe. Her name is Miumiu

Talented girl indeed, seems like every generation the talent in kids spark much earlier.