idolforums.com
istersay

Voice General Discussion 2

26 minutes ago, echoap said:

It's very interesting how some of you are making a drama out of a Facebook message directed to her fans 🤭

21 hours ago, Spurrious said:

This is interesting just because I have no idea how Allegra's "family" got my email address.  Someone gave it to them who knew I'm a Voice fan.  The paragraph noted as "IMPORTANT" on how to power vote  was especially curious.  FTR: I am not following Allegra on any SM.

While it's true that this may have been posted on a Facebook group for Allegra fans, it's also been sent to people via email who don't follow her on social media - if it were just the Facebook group, I'd have no issue with it; the issue I have is that they're sending it out to people who aren't necessarily Allegra fans and don't keep up with her social media, and yet it's in their email inboxes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

While it's true that this may have been posted on a Facebook group for Allegra fans, it's also been sent to people via email who don't follow her on social media - if it were just the Facebook group, I'd have no issue with it; the issue I have is that they're sending it out to people who aren't necessarily Allegra fans and don't keep up with her social media, and yet it's in their email inboxes.

Allegra fans are gonna vote for her, non-Allegra fans aren't going to vote for her. No drama here. 

Also, I'm not a fan of speculation, since we don't know how many people got that email and who sent it. Spurrious is a lifelong Voice fan so him getting that message it's not that weird. I think we should stop overthinking this. 

• Like 1

Just...

Allegra's mom knows how to play the game, get as many people to vote and get them to give all the votes possible. 

This is the game and it is what it is. Allegra should have as much exposure as possible before getting thrown into the oblivion(music industry) and to expand on what she can on that. Not like anyone is going anywhere after the show, especially in the recent seasons.

• Like 1

I got an email similar to that once, several seasons back. I’ve been trying all day to remember who the contestant was, but I can’t. It was too long ago. It wasn’t someone I had any intention of voting for, and I don’t think they went very far. I thought it was strange at the time. I think I even mentioned it on IDF. 

I wasn't around for S11, but did Alicia picking Sa'Rayah over Michael Sanchez play a part in her early exit? If that's the case then I think (or hope lol) that the same will happen to Mandi Castillo. 

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

I wasn't around for S11, but did Alicia picking Sa'Rayah over Michael Sanchez play a part in her early exit? If that's the case then I think (or hope lol) that the same will happen to Mandi Castillo. 

I like to think so coz of obvious reasons, but I believe Sa'rayah was a coach's save in the POs, and given the demo's lukewarmness with older AA female divas + We, Ali and Courtney being there, she just got lost in the shuffle. 

43 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

I like to think so coz of obvious reasons, but I believe Sa'rayah was a coach's save in the POs, and given the demo's lukewarmness with older AA female divas + We, Ali and Courtney being there, she just got lost in the shuffle. 

Makes sense. Didn't realize those three were there as well.

3 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Sa'Rayah made a breakout performance after her controversial KO win and she was only saved by Alicia to move to Top 12 but her Top 12 song (Livin' on A Prayer) didn't allow her to shine and the performance was a mess. Some people says she was a screamer. Even her instant save performance was a mess.

On the other hand, Mandi Castillo is a good singer but a lot of people didn't like the way she sings. Also, Thunderstorm moves to Top 17 maybe some people will forgive and forget what happened. In addition, we don't know if Mandi Castillo can pull something that's really good. We are not sure yet.

One last opinion, the lives are done home and I think it will be boring and only talented artists with a cool voice (e.g. Thunderstorm) will shine.

As the recipient of the spam:  I encourage everyone to support who you love.  Please don't judge Allegra by anything her mother may or may not have done. TBH: I have no problem with the content of the email. Fans in a far weaker position to stan than an contestants mom, have been posting stuff like that for years.  My only issue is how they got my email address. 

FTR: I think she is fantastic and hope she does well on the show.  Depending on how the Playoffs turn out...she may well be my horse in this race.  ❤️

• Like 3

I missed the discussion tonight but was the obvious autotuning talked about on here.. I watched Megan's performance first and although nice, it was obvious. Then CamWess and Micah's performances basically gave it away to me. The performances seem very processed. 

Toneisha made a big mistake with her song choice.  She had no chance in comparison with the original.  The only way she had to go was down.  Now she's left to depend on a save from Blake.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

Toneisha made a big mistake with her song choice.  She had no chance in comparison with the original.  The only way she had to go was down.  Now she's left to depend on a save from Blake.

It's pretty much known they don't pick their songs. I think Todd had her beat no matter what. She is gonna struggle with the at home format cause her voice fits the big stage. I do not get intimacy from her voice

Edited by joe14
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

if she had an incredible performance, and Todd utterly flipped she would have gotten PV (like Kyla vs Pryor), but Todd is pretty consistent so I would argue that wouldn't happen in the first place and the results would be the same as we predicted before POs.

5 minutes ago, joe14 said:

It's pretty much known they don't pick their songs. I think Todd had her beat no matter what. She is gonna struggle with the at home format cause her voice fits the big stage. I do not get intimacy from her voice

That’s pretty much false once the live shows start. The coaches and even more the producers are involved in the song choices, but the contestants give them a list to work from to start. And even if it’s not a contestants idea. anything the contestants aren’t comfortable with gets tossed. 

I’m not sure why you all assume that left to their own devices contestants would pick amazing songs (in your eyes). 

• Like 2

Todd is outperforming Thunderstorm on Facebook and CamWess is doing double the numbers of Zan everywhere.... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, thecarterfilez said:

Todd is outperforming Thunderstorm on Facebook and CamWess is doing double the numbers of Zan everywhere.... 

rip... im not a fan of thunderstorm (at least over Allegra) but thunderstorm >>>>> Todd in my eyes

9 minutes ago, joe14 said:

same thing happened on idol, though 2 were DOA, but 5 divas cut (1 remains and had to be saved)

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

rip... im not a fan of thunderstorm (at least over Allegra) but thunderstorm >>>>> Todd in my eyes

really shocking to me todd is doing so well with a average performance ..... so imagine if todd gets a pandering song next week hmmmmm

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

That’s pretty much false once the live shows start. The coaches and even more the producers are involved in the song choices, but the contestants give them a list to work from to start. And even if it’s not a contestants idea. anything the contestants aren’t comfortable with gets tossed. 

I’m not sure why you all assume that left to their own devices contestants would pick amazing songs (in your eyes). 

huh either way they aren't fully picking their songs...at least if they were we could blame them for poor song choices. You couldn't convince me that half of the contestants wanted to sing the songs they ended up singing tonight.

5 minutes ago, thecarterfilez said:

Not tryna jump to any conclusions cause it could still be Zan but I called CamWess getting the public vote over Zan about two weeks ago. Nothing has shown me Zan has any significant support. John stealing him is probably the best thing that could have happened to him.

• Like 2

not sure why Zan social media numbers are SO LOW.... to be honest i think she deserves more .. at first i considered her similar to maelyn but sadly she doesnt have the power and range maelyn has that made MAELYN stunning... 

Posted (edited)

Toneisha’s vote potential has been overestimated all season long. Like I was saying the other day, she’s not Kyla. Kyla gained lots of Instagram followers and was generally always strong on every social media metric. Kyla stood out in a crowd, for reasons other than her voice. Toneisha just blends in, and she does nothing to distinguish herself from divas of recent seasons. 

Having said that, if Blake saves her she could IS her way into the finale, but that might be a stretch. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well since everyone seems to be being open & candid... not everyone is 'excited' by the same contestants... Todd & Thunderstorm don't anything, for me, at all.  And Allegra has quite a voice & it's sure something what she can do with it but I can decipher so little of what she is saying.

Edited by Drew1903

3 hours ago, joe14 said:

huh either way they aren't fully picking their songs...at least if they were we could blame them for poor song choices. You couldn't convince me that half of the contestants wanted to sing the songs they ended up singing tonight.

I hope Blake wasn't stupid enough to suggest "Stronger" to Toneisha.  That was a terrible song choice that left Toneisha in a no-win situation.  I think the contestants have a strong voice in what they sing in the lives.  Toneisha made a dumb mistake or she's incredibly arrogant to think she could do anything with that song that would help her.  Either way it proves she has no chance of winning.