idolforums.com
istersay

Voice General Discussion 2

45 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

I think so too. But I think 2 months is not long (The coaches are touring and they are like spending a lot of time away from their family). For the contestants it can be like you are like going to live in a Big Brother House but you can have A Video Chat with your family.

None of the coaches are away from their family for two months on tour, But especially not during a global pandemic. Nick maybe, he’s young and doesn’t have kids - but I still can’t see him not seeing his wife. 

1 hour ago, JOMZ said:

I think so too. But I think 2 months is not long (The coaches are touring and they are like spending a lot of time away from their family). For the contestants it can be like you are like going to live in a Big Brother House but you can have A Video Chat with your family.

also the main thing is that this production is non-essential and there's a lockdown - same reasons why bbcan8 shut down as well

This is interesting just because I have no idea how Allegra's "family" got my email address.  Someone gave it to them who knew I'm a Voice fan.  The paragraph noted as "IMPORTANT" on how to power vote  was especially curious.  FTR: I am not following Allegra on any SM.

I'd hate to think NBC gave it to them.  Anyone else get something like this?  

Hi Friends,

Allegra is going to The Voice Lives on May 4th! It's been a long road, and we appreciate you watching and supporting her. The Voice will now air on Monday and Tuesday nights, at 8pm on NBC, for the next three weeks until it's over. 

The next stage of the competition involves voting. The winner of The Voice will be determined by who America votes for from this point on in the competition. We're asking for everyone's vote so the Allegra can stay on the show and make it to the finale. Each night, HALF of these super talented contestants will go home, so it's extremely competitive. Now it's time to get ready to vote for Allegra on May 4th, when the Lives begin, and each week after that if she's lucky enough to move on!! 

Here’s how The Voice VOTING works:

Follow these steps NOW to get ready to vote:

1) Create an account at NBC.com using your email address and a password. (You can also link your cable tv provider to this account to get free live streaming of NBC shows, including The Voice, but it's not required.) You may have to enter your information again next time you visit because NBC.Com doesn't keep it for very long.
2) Download The Voice app on your cell phone from the App Store or Google Play. Sign in with your NBC.com account.

IMPORTANT: If you have MULTIPLE EMAIL ADDRESSES, you can create multiple accounts so that you can cast 10 votes per account, on BOTH the phone app and at NBC.com. It's simple! Once you sign-up for your account at NBC.com, just sign out (on your computer, click on person icon in upper right corner to sign out) so that you can "sign up" (at the bottom of the new screen that pops up) for a new one with a different email address. I recommend doing it online instead of the app since it's easiest way, and you don't need to add your name each time.

Next, follow these steps when you vote AFTER Allegra sings on Monday night:

1) On your Voice phone app, select Allegra and give her 10 votes from each of your accounts, if you have more than one.
2) Go to nbc.com/voicevote, select Allegra and give her 10 votes from each of your accounts, if you have more than one.
3) If you have an Xfinity remote, cast 10 more votes for Allegra (for the semi-finals and finals only - weeks 2 & 3 of Lives.

Note: It may be tempting to vote for other singers, but that will decrease Allegra's chances! Voting closes at 7:00 am, EST the morning after the performance, and the voting results are announced on the show Tuesday night. 

Instant Save Voting: On Tuesday's show, America votes to instantly save the top artists who did not make it through after Monday's performances. You will have only five minutes to vote. Allegra may be one of these artists eligible for the Instant Save. If so, she'll sing for you, then you will vote as follows:
1) On your Voice phone app, select Allegra and give her 10 votes from each of your accounts, if you have more than one. 
2) Go to nbc.com/voicevote, select Allegra and give her 10 votes from each of your accounts, if you have more than one.

That's it! Voting is explained in the App, in case you want more information. Please share this email with your friends, since they may want to know how the voting works.

We can't thank you enough for voting for Allegra! We appreciate you and your support very much.

Allegra's family

6 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

This is interesting just because I have no idea how Allegra's "family" got my email address.  Someone gave it to them who knew I'm a Voice fan.  The paragraph noted as "IMPORTANT" on how to power vote  was especially curious.  FTR: I am not following Allegra on any SM.

Hi Friends,

Allegra is going to The Voice Lives on May 4th! It's been a long road, and we appreciate you watching and supporting her. The Voice will now air on Monday and Tuesday nights, at 8pm on NBC, for the next three weeks until it's over. 

The next stage of the competition involves voting. The winner of The Voice will be determined by who America votes for from this point on in the competition. We're asking for everyone's vote so the Allegra can stay on the show and make it to the finale. Each night, HALF of these super talented contestants will go home, so it's extremely competitive. Now it's time to get ready to vote for Allegra on May 4th, when the Lives begin, and each week after that if she's lucky enough to move on!! 

1) Create an account at NBC.com using your email address and a password. (You can also link your cable tv provider to this account to get free live streaming of NBC shows, including The Voice, but it's not required.) You may have to enter your information again next time you visit because NBC.Com doesn't keep it for very long.
2) Download The Voice app on your cell phone from the App Store or Google Play. Sign in with your NBC.com account.

IMPORTANT: If you have MULTIPLE EMAIL ADDRESSES, you can create multiple accounts so that you can cast 10 votes per account, on BOTH the phone app and at NBC.com. It's simple! Once you sign-up for your account at NBC.com, just sign out (on your computer, click on person icon in upper right corner to sign out) so that you can "sign up" (at the bottom of the new screen that pops up) for a new one with a different email address. I recommend doing it online instead of the app since it's easiest way, and you don't need to add your name each time.

1) On your Voice phone app, select Allegra and give her 10 votes from each of your accounts, if you have more than one.
2) Go to nbc.com/voicevote, select Allegra and give her 10 votes from each of your accounts, if you have more than one.
3) If you have an Xfinity remote, cast 10 more votes for Allegra (for the semi-finals and finals only - weeks 2 & 3 of Lives.

Note: It may be tempting to vote for other singers, but that will decrease Allegra's chances! Voting closes at 7:00 am, EST the morning after the performance, and the voting results are announced on the show Tuesday night. 

Instant Save Voting: On Tuesday's show, America votes to instantly save the top artists who did not make it through after Monday's performances. You will have only five minutes to vote. Allegra may be one of these artists eligible for the Instant Save. If so, she'll sing for you, then you will vote as follows:
1) On your Voice phone app, select Allegra and give her 10 votes from each of your accounts, if you have more than one. 
2) Go to nbc.com/voicevote, select Allegra and give her 10 votes from each of your accounts, if you have more than one.

That's it! Voting is explained in the App, in case you want more information. Please share this email with your friends, since they may want to know how the voting works.

We can't thank you enough for voting for Allegra! We appreciate you and your support very much.

Allegra's family

So uh, the family's encouraging voting on multiple accounts huh...

8 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Hi Friends,

Allegra's family

I’m surprised how familiar Allegra’s family is with the voting process, and how to power vote, considering there hasn’t been a voting round yet. Maybe they‘ve powervoted during previous seasons, or....someone coached them on what to write. 

I did not receive the email. 

I don’t see anything on her website that indicates she’s building a mailing list. There’s a “contact” page which requires input of an email address, but that’s it. 

https://allegramiles.com/home

Maybe, it's the IT Pro voice in me but is there any chance it's some sort of spam?  'Smells' like it to me, actually, but ❔❔❔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

So uh, the family's encouraging voting on multiple accounts huh...

I kinda dont think this is her family - Allegra has been very careful and consistent in abiding with the voice's expectations and rules; we have no reason to believe this is her family. instead, this is likely some Allegra Stan who went crazy

2 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Hi Friends,

Allegra's family

I didn't receive anything so thanks, this is very useful information and everybody should follow these instructions to the letter! Same for Joanna btw 😂. Gonna post it on her fan thread just in case 😇

1 hour ago, Drew1903 said:

Maybe, it's the IT Pro voice in me but is there any chance it's some sort of spam?  'Smells' like it to me, actually, but ❔❔❔

Yeah, I would've assumed it was spam but a lot seems to check out fine...

I agree with what was said above. Sounds like a stan who had a bit too much free time. Nice to see singing competition fans still putting in work in 2020 though. 😂

59 minutes ago, echoap said:

I didn't receive anything so thanks, this is very useful information and everybody should follow these instructions to the letter! Same for Joanna btw 😂. Gonna post it on her fan thread just in case 😇

I think we found the sender of the email

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ashwinner said:

I kinda dont think this is her family - Allegra has been very careful and consistent in abiding with the voice's expectations and rules; we have no reason to believe this is her family. instead, this is likely some Allegra Stan who went crazy

I don't see anything in that e-mail that goes against the rules. There is no rule that a person can't have multiple accounts. The rules only state that you need to use a valid e-mail address to create an account and the e-mail address has to belong to you and you are supposed to be the only one using your account to vote.  If they said something like "use as many fake e-mail addresses as you can make up to create accounts to vote" then there's a problem. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

I don't see anything in that e-mail that goes against the rules. There is no rule that a person can't have multiple accounts. The rules only state that you need to use a valid e-mail address to create an account and the e-mail address has to belong to you and you are supposed to be the only one using your account to vote.  If they said something like "use as many fake e-mail addresses as you can make up to create accounts to vote" then there's a problem. 

tenor.gif

😂

9 hours ago, ashwinner said:

After sleeping on it....it likely is a crazy Stan.  That was my initial assessment....but then I wondered where would you get Voice targeted emails?  The email account it was sent to is one I only use for things like voting on the Voice.  Tcan@xxxxxx.com where Tcan is literally Trash Can. Everything sent to that address is automatically sent to the trash can. I just happened to notice the title when I was deleting the trash.

FTR:  I did use that email on MJ's blog.  So, now guessing that is the source. 

#CaveatEmptor

13 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Hi Friends,

Allegra's family

I think this email does come from Allegra's family. On the "Allegra Miles Fan Group" group on Facebook, Thia (an admin in the group, and Allegra's mom, I think) posted nearly the same thing. The only difference between this and what the admin posted was that on Facebook, the admin added "Unfortunately, USVI residents can't vote...."

2 hours ago, Maudie1877 said:

I think this email does come from Allegra's family. On the "Allegra Miles Fan Group" group on Facebook, Thia (an admin in the group, and Allegra's mom, I think) posted nearly the same thing. The only difference between this and what the admin posted was that on Facebook, the admin added "Unfortunately, USVI residents can't vote...."

yeah that is her mom - thats a yikes from me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maudie1877 said:

Tell her mom to reject the Republic deal if she wins. They should know this by now, but sometimes they think it will be different for them. It won’t. 

58 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Somehow, could just be me, but this doesn't sit quite right with me.  And it is, at least, borderline spamming people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

Somehow, could just be me, but this doesn't sit quite right with me.  And it is, at least, borderline spamming people.

it also doesn't sit right with me either - and Allegra is my favorite this season. I get that she wants to garner support, but emailing people who didn't give her their email isn't really good practice morally. Nevertheless, I can't blame if I don't know that it's actually her (even though disappointingly it seems to be)

3 hours ago, ashwinner said:

I wonder if Allegra is aware her mom did this - if she okayed it, it still doesn't sit well with me but at least her mom didn't do it without her daughter's consent; if she didn't know, I know if it were me I'd be dying of embarrassment.

I get being excited about your daughter having such a big opportunity, but this isn't how you garner support - it may technically be within the rules but it's off-putting to spam people begging for them to vote for your kid, especially as Allegra is a very talented young lady with a solid fanbase and this will likely steer people who were on the fence about voting for her in another direction. Though it appears her mom is excited and means well, it doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I wonder if Allegra is aware her mom did this - if she okayed it, it still doesn't sit well with me but at least her mom didn't do it without her daughter's consent; if she didn't know, I know if it were me I'd be dying of embarrassment.

I get being excited about your daughter having such a big opportunity, but this isn't how you garner support - it may technically be within the rules but it's off-putting to spam people begging for them to vote for your kid, especially as Allegra is a very talented young lady with a solid fanbase and this will likely steer people who were on the fence about voting for her in another direction. Though it appears her mom is excited and means well, it doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

EXACTLY my thoughts - I was wondering whether the mom did this without her knowing (and I was kind of hoping so too cause Allegra being my favorite, I would hope she wouldn't do this)

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Tell her mom to reject the Republic deal if she wins. They should know this by now, but sometimes they think it will be different for them. It won’t. 

Allegra said she’s going independent if she ends up winning the whole thing. She wants to release music asap so it makes sense. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

it's off-putting to spam people begging for them to vote for your kid

It would be, will possibly, even probably,  be a turn-off for many people.  Almost reminds of those college fraud parents... basically, manipulating or trying to sway people for your kids gain.  Does seem quite good ethos, manners or 'image'.  Grovelling is never impressive. Rings of desperation

And whether both knew or the mum acted alone, it's, still, wrong.

Edited by Drew1903

It's very interesting how some of you are making a drama out of a Facebook message directed to her fans 🤭

It is known that fan bases are important to get people into the Finale, but ultimately, whoever gets more momentum ends up winning the whole thing 🥇