Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two years ago yesterday, Janice Freeman passed away😭 Janice is one of my favorite contestants of all time. All of her performances were absolutely incredible, and her battle, KO, playoff, and T12 perf

Voice season 21 virtual casting is open for Dec 10 & 11th, if you've ever wanted to try to get past multiple rounds of producers and evaluators only to be mocked by people in an internet forum 

Well it's because white people enslaved Black people, and then put up no N** allowed signs, and Black people didn't.    Really though, as a Jew I can make Jewish jokes that people who are Mu

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i am listening to hanna eyre, and i wish she moved on farther! her voice is so pretty and she has a good range, and she also seems so wholesome and nice!

Yes definitely. The ending of this performance is SO gorgeous. :wub:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

honestly she did well in all her performances i could watch. i've heard the audio for skyscraper and it sounds very good as well

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Still, why not show “Don’t Let Go (Love)” for DeSz and “I Dare You” for Kelsie? 

They should've showed Cami's "Never Tear Us Apart" performance instead of the other one 😒

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, she definitely would've been the right choice over Mark Isaiah for Adam's save. Jesse and Lilli was a fair top 2 for him that season but Hanna went really underrated and deserved to move on to the top 12. Her audition was a really lovely rendition of the song.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Yeah, she definitely would've been the right choice over Mark Isaiah for Adam's save. Jesse and Lilli was a fair top 2 for him that season but Hanna went really underrated and deserved to move on to the top 12. Her audition was a really lovely rendition of the song.

Honestly, and I´m sure this will be unpopular,  I would have saved Johnny Hayes. He wasn´t anything spectacular, but at least he sang in tune on the playoffs. Hanna fell hard on that round, and so did Josh and Mark. 

I mean, Adam´s top 2 was cut clear that season lol.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Honestly, and I´m sure this will be unpopular,  I would have saved Johnny Hayes. He wasn´t anything spectacular, but at least he sang in tune on the playoffs. Hanna fell hard on that round, and so did Josh and Mark. 

I mean, Adam´s top 2 was cut clear that season lol.

Yes tbh, but because Hayes was blander than white bread, Hanna would be a more interesting choice. And she had the most potential with better song choices to get a more positive response from the audience than Mark did. I would say she gets the IS to the Top 8 even. 

anyway i'll stay mad about hanna eyre not moving on, but i'm glad i refound her. a lot of these singers who didn't get super far but are really good often slip past my radar since i only really know stuff from s14/s13 and later. if y'all have any recommendations based on my taste (some of my favorites are: addison, maelyn, chevel (?), brynn (?), kyla, desz, cami, hanna, livia...) for people who didn't make it super far on previous seasons but who i might like, i'll gladly take suggestions, since i kinda wanna try listening to some new people

3 hours ago, QueenCami said:

anyway i'll stay mad about hanna eyre not moving on, but i'm glad i refound her. a lot of these singers who didn't get super far but are really good often slip past my radar since i only really know stuff from s14/s13 and later. if y'all have any recommendations based on my taste (some of my favorites are: addison, maelyn, chevel (?), brynn (?), kyla, desz, cami, hanna, livia...) for people who didn't make it super far on previous seasons but who i might like, i'll gladly take suggestions, since i kinda wanna try listening to some new people

If you liked Livia, you might like Caroline (S5), Amy or Madi (S9).

I’m not usually the biggest fan of quirky indie girls, but these 3 are fantastic. Her KOs are all 10/10 but they have other great performances as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Daillon said:

I’m not usually the biggest fan of quirky indie girls, but these 3 are fantastic. Her KOs are all 10/10 but they have other great performances as well.

Caroline was the first contestant that came to my mind after seeing  

@QueenCami's post.

Madi and Amy too but it think Ashwiner already know about these two as he said many times before that if he was a viewer of the voice at the time of S9, Madi would've been his favourite.

6 hours ago, Daillon said:

thank you! i love madi! i like amy, but probably a little less so. i'll check out caroline pennel 🙂

This is a completely random question but would you guys consider Miley Cyrus to be a rock or pop rock artist? Her recent album "Plastic Hearts" peaked at #1 on the Billboard Top Rock Albums Chart and is currently at #2. 🤔

excited the voice GIF by NBC

Edited by disney1024
1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

This is a completely random question but would you guys consider Miley Cyrus to be a rock or pop rock artist? Her recent album "Plastic Hearts" peaked at #1 on the Billboard Top Rock Albums Chart and is currently at #2. 🤔

I would say she is more pop rock than anything. 

• Like 1
Just now, disney1024 said:

Random question but would you guys consider Miley Cyrus to be a rock or pop rock artist? Her recent album "Plastic Hearts" peaked at #1 on the Billboard Top Rock Albums Chart and is currently at #2. 🤔

Miley is a pop artist, but she's been all over the place. She went from teen pop star to an edgy adult image to psychedelic hippie, to pop country, and now she's in her glam rock era.

But I don't think we should be looking to Billboard for genre categorization. FFS this was the most popular "rock" song of the 2020 according to their year end list.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2fvw0TkENHM&feature=youtu.be

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Miley is a pop artist, but she's been all over the place. She went from teen pop star to an edgy adult image to psychedelic hippie, to pop country, and now she's in her glam rock era.

She's a jill of all trades lol 😂

"Plastic Hearts" is a rock/glam rock album so I would consider Miley to be a pop rock artist. 😌

2 hours ago, disney1024 said:

Ideally more pop-rock, or power-pop, but she can delve in the country lane a bit(and has with daddy before) However she's a lesser Kelly(in terms of versatility and power, although still love her voice) as I would say.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, disney1024 said:

I´m not a fan of her music but she has dabbled into a lot of different genres and has proven to be versatile. Apparently she is working on a Metallica cover album. I´m dubious about the results of that, but we´ll see.

But at the core, she´s pretty much pop/rock from what I´ve heard. She was waay poppier before though.

• Like 2

I have listened to Jordan's new single a lot aka Great You Are. 🤩🤩🤩

In some parts he sounded very similar to Carter. Especially when he said HOW GREAT YOU AAAAARRRREEE(that part begins after 2:02). It sounded a bit similar to Carter's OG Up From Here. When he sang UP FROM HEEERREEE.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I have listened to Jordan's new single a lot aka Great You Are. 🤩🤩🤩

In some parts he was sounded very similar to Carter. Especially when he said HOW GREAT YOU AAAAARRRREEE(that part begins after 2:02). It sounded a bit similar to Carter's OG Up From Here. When he sang UP FROM HEEERREEE.

Meh. Not even close.

Jordan can eat him alive every hour of the day 24/7.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Found this on YouTube. :rofl:

This is Will Champlin collaborating with Kurt Hugo Schneider(A famous Ytuber with more than 13M subscribers) on Believer(It has 16M views btw)

it may be off-topic but I don't know where I should've placed it.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Meh. Not even close.

Jordan can eat him alive every hour of the day 24/7.

Literally and figuratively...and still have room for dessert. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 8
  • istersay changed the title to Voice General Discussion 2 🧵
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay unpinned this topic