Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

Anyone see any evidence on social media of Carter meeting with Republic? He doesn’t post much, but I thought maybe he could have posted something on his story. BTW, I checked his Facebook account. He has 86 followers. EIGHTY-SIX.

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Voice season 21 virtual casting is open for Dec 10 & 11th, if you've ever wanted to try to get past multiple rounds of producers and evaluators only to be mocked by people in an internet forum 

Well it's because white people enslaved Black people, and then put up no N** allowed signs, and Black people didn't.    Really though, as a Jew I can make Jewish jokes that people who are Mu

so..... who's gonna pay $50 to ask him why he got DQ'd? 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Anyone see any evidence on social media of Carter meeting with Republic? He doesn’t post much, but I thought maybe he could have posted something on his story. BTW, I checked his Facebook account. He has 86 followers. EIGHTY-SIX.

No, I haven’t seen or heard anything. 

• Like 2

I don't get the Season 18 playoffs. All the performances are pre-recorded, which probably means they could record them as many times as they wanted before they were required to submit them. But why were some of them still pitchy?

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I don't get the Season 18 playoffs. All the performances are pre-recorded, which probably means they could record them as many times as they wanted before they were required to submit them. But why were some of them still pitchy?

They seem to have only helped the one they wanted to go through with pitch correction and such. Some of the performances were heavily over produced and clearly not authentically sang. Hence why I disliked that format so much, there was no room for surprises , flops or emerging frontrunners, because they weren't on an equal playing field.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, disney1024 said:

TPTB is pimping Jake Hoot and Kelly Clarkson so much right now. Forget about IDF, there's so much overhype on the show's social media pages lol 😂

Correction: They’re hyping Kelly. If Jake had gotten a non-Coach duet partner, even a prominent one, they wouldn’t have said a word.

• Like 8
11 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Correction: They’re hyping Kelly. If Jake had gotten a non-Coach duet partner, even a prominent one, they wouldn’t have said a word.

Agreed. They dont care about Jake, they are promoting Kelly all the way.

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

They seem to have only helped the one they wanted to go through with pitch correction and such. Some of the performances were heavily over produced and clearly not authentically sang. Hence why I disliked that format so much, there was no room for surprises , flops or emerging frontrunners, because they weren't on an equal playing field.

I'm still confused as to why these artists would even NEED major pitch correction in the first place. They're obviously all good singers, and I don't get why a performance recorded at home that isn't even live is pitchy.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Yep. Chevel has released six singles, a Christmas album, and two music videos, and neither The Voice nor Kelly have mentioned a word of it on social media. She’s getting the Sundance treatment. If she were doing a duet with Kelly, they’d be all over it. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3
30 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yep. Chevel has released six singles, a Christmas album, and two music videos, and neither The Voice nor Kelly have mentioned a word of it on social media. She’s getting the Sundance treatment. If she were doing a duet with Kelly, they’d be all over it. 

I´m surprised she hasn´t. She´s the only one out of Kelly´s winners who not only hasn´t done a duet with her, but hasn´t been on her talk show as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´m surprised she hasn´t. She´s the only one out of Kelly´s winners who not only hasn´t done a duet with her, but hasn´t been on her talk show as well.

Kelly did fund Chevel’s first album, and helped her with writers, so I’ll give her that. That makes her silence even more odd. I have a theory on this, but no concrete evidence. Having said that, she’s 18 now, so she can make her own decisions, and finally has legitimate professional management. In other words, daddy doesn’t call the shots anymore. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I'm surprised she hasn't. She's the only one out of Kelly's winners who not only hasn't done a duet with her, but hasn't been on her talk show as well.

I don't think Kelly and Chevel are on bad terms or anything because Chevel still follows Kelly on IG. Perhaps Chevel wants to be more independent with her music and only seeks behind-the-scenes help with her music, as opposed to getting publicity from her coach. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Kelly was helping her a lot in 2019, not so much last year. They attended the ACMs together. I think Chevel performed at two of her concerts. And Kelly openly defended Chevel after a Twitter troll criticized Chevel's rendition of "God Bless America" at the Indy 500. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, FloorWax said:

i think they only could do one take of their singing? if they messed up, then it still went through. i am fairly certain that was the case, probably from something allegra said on stream or something else, but i might be misremembering

• Like 2

You're remembering mostly right. I believe they got 2 or 3 run throughs of the song. I know it was 2 for sure, 1 rehearsal and 1 was the recorded take and there were producers on with them the whole time. I want to say there was a 3rd technical run through before the others but I'm not certain on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, disney1024 said:

I don't think Kelly and Chevel are on bad terms or anything because Chevel still follows Kelly on IG. Perhaps Chevel wants to be more independent with her music and only seeks behind-the-scenes help with her music, as opposed to getting publicity from her coach. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Kelly was helping her a lot in 2019, not so much last year. They attended the ACMs together. I think Chevel performed at two of her concerts. And Kelly openly defended Chevel after a Twitter troll criticized Chevel's rendition of "God Bless America" at the Indy 500. 🤔

Those things you referenced are all from over a year and a half ago. When she’s does live streams, people frequently ask her whether she still talks to Kelly, and she ignores the questions every single time. I won’t go down the rabbit hole any further than this right now. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, roundtown said:

You're remembering mostly right. I believe they got 2 or 3 run throughs of the song. I know it was 2 for sure, 1 rehearsal and 1 was the recorded take and there were producers on with them the whole time. I want to say there was a 3rd technical run through before the others but I'm not certain on that.

that makes more sense. thanks for the clarification!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yep. Chevel has released six singles, a Christmas album, and two music videos, and neither The Voice nor Kelly have mentioned a word of it on social media.

It's sad that the voice never brought her back except for that Toyota Advertisement(but there were other aluminis there too). And even that performance was taken down.

Alisan and Maelyn both were brought back by THE VOICE even just For their commercials but they never brought Chevel back for her singles.

• Sad 1
13 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

It's sad that the voice never brought her back except for that Toyota Advertisement(but there were other aluminis there too). And even that performance was taken down.

Alisan and Maelyn both were brought back by THE VOICE even just For their commercials but they never brought Chevel back for her singles.

Yeah, look at all the stuff they did for the winner of the previous season.  Chevel wasn’t their chosen winner, so she’s getting the Sundance treatment. 

Having said that, I’m not sure it matters in the long run. If any of these people make it, it won’t be because of The Voice, or any performance on the show. 

Chevel actually did a couple different Toyota commercials. She did the one with other alumni, and one with some contestant from La Voz, I believe. They get paid for these, but otherwise it doesn’t move the needle. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
On 20/01/2021 at 11:19 AM, TeamAudra said:

His school friends🤪

• Haha 3
23 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Kelly did fund Chevel’s first album, and helped her with writers, so I’ll give her that. That makes her silence even more odd. I have a theory on this, but no concrete evidence. Having said that, she’s 18 now, so she can make her own decisions, and finally has legitimate professional management. In other words, daddy doesn’t call the shots anymore. 

Have other voice coaches help any of their team like Kelly did? I know she invited Jej and presley to duet with her at her Vegas concert, and they weren't even the voice winner. 

• istersay changed the title to Voice General Discussion 2 🧵
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay unpinned this topic