Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

1 hour ago, disney1024 said:

This is completely random but I wish they showed us the Instant Save graphs in seasons 18 and 19 as they did with previous seasons. I would've loved to see how America voted for the different artists in the Instant Save and whether or not the results were close. 😢

lolll then i'd get to claim that cami was in the top 6 or 7 instead of top 9 😌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Speaking of Cami, she posted that she's not allowed to post anything musical til Jan. 14th - so if any of your faves went home in the semifinals, keep an eye out for that date.

Anxiously awaiting it. :giggle: Maybe that’s when the new talk show “Tamara’s Tea” will release. ☕️ 

Edited by Bk1234

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Anxiously awaiting it. :giggle: Maybe that’s when the new talk show “Tamara’s Tea” will release. ☕️ 

I haven't checked it out so I don't know what they talked about, but Tamara is doing this thing on the Clubhouse app and she had Desz on on Friday.

• Thanks 1

"That forum! Idol Forum! We know you, we see you, we've been knew!"

- Desz definitely see us 👀. I hope she appreciates the massive support she's getting here on IDF!!

Larriah also talked about how fast this forum got the COMPLETE lists of artists for S20 lmaooo, she said last season that we may have informations but it was somehow unsure or unorganized compared to this season. Nice job to the spoiler leakers and @Someone648!!! 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

"That forum! Idol Forum! We know you, we see you, we've been knew!"

- Desz definitely see us 👀. I hope she appreciates the massive support she's getting here on IDF!!

Larriah also talked about how fast this forum got the COMPLETE lists of artists for S20 lmaooo, she said last season that we may have informations but it was somehow unsure or unorganized compared to this season. Nice job to the spoiler leakers and @Someone648!!! 

:rofl: I’m not surprised though, I believe Sid mentioned that every contestant reads these forums. Hopefully the S20 contestants like their new fan threads. 😅

• Like 1

This is probably an extremely unpopular opinion but I actually really liked the concept of the Live Cross Battles last year in season 16 because it's refreshing to see something different every now and then. I just think that the idea was poorly executed on the part of TPTB. 🥴

1. The number of artists per team after the LCBs wasn't really that unequal. Out of 24 artists, there were exactly 6 artists each (25%) on Team Kelly and Team Legend. Team Adam had 2 less contestants, possibly because voters weren't fond of Adam after the Reagan Strange drama in season 15. Likewise, Blake only had 2 more contestants than Kelly and John, most likely due to his popularity with Team Minivan. There isn't really any strong hatred or aversion for any of the current coaches (i.e. Kelly, Gwen, Nick, John, and Blake) so that really shouldn't be as big of a problem now than it was in season 16.

2. The rules should have been tweaked so that the coaches can only use their Saves and Steals at the conclusion of the entire round. That way, they’d be able to properly size up all of the at-risk artists from both weeks before making their career-changing decisions. If the coaches had until the end of the Cross Battles to choose whom to save and steal, they wouldn’t have to risk wasting a power early in the competition only to regret it later if someone even better was eliminated. Alternatively, they could just have given each coach a save and a steal per week (2 steals and 2 saves in total per coach). 

3. Voting on The Voice app/website should've just listed the pairings rather than just the contestants. That way, voters wouldn't have to memorize who battled who. Voting also should've been solely between pairings rather than voting for contestants as a whole.

Let me know what you guys think! 🤔

Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Edited by disney1024

5 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

This is probably an extremely unpopular opinion but I actually really liked the concept of the Live Cross Battles last year in season 16 because it's refreshing to see something different every now and then. I just think that the idea was poorly executed on the part of TPTB. 🥴

1. The number of artists per team after the LCBs wasn't really that unequal. Out of 24 artists, there were exactly 6 artists each (25%) on Team Kelly and Team Legend. Team Adam had 2 less contestants, possibly because voters weren't fond of Adam after the Reagan Strange drama in season 15. Likewise, Blake only had 2 more contestants than Kelly and John, most likely due to his popularity with Team Minivan. There isn't really any strong hatred or aversion for any of the current coaches (i.e. Kelly, Gwen, Nick, John, and Blake) so that really shouldn't be as big of a problem now than it was in season 16.

2. The rules should have been tweaked so that the coaches can only use their Saves and Steals at the conclusion of the entire round. That way, they’d be able to properly size up all of the at-risk artists from both weeks before making their career-changing decisions. If the coaches had until the end of the Cross Battles to choose whom to save and steal, they wouldn’t have to risk wasting a power early in the competition only to regret it later if someone even better was eliminated. Alternatively, they could just have given each coach a save and a steal per week (2 steals and 2 saves in total per coach). 

3. Voting on The Voice should've just listed the pairings rather than just the contestants. That way, voters wouldn't have to memorize who battled who. Voting also should've been solely between pairings rather than voting for contestants as a whole.

Let me know what you guys think! 🤔

Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

No, with all that, i still wouldn't like that format. Maybe on another show, but we are talking about The Voice USA, a show where the main audience is biased to certain type of singers, and even worst, is biased to the contestans on certain team of certain coach. So, that inevitably would lead to some great singers to leave the show before the live playoffs, just because they don't fit the main audience preferences. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

No, with all that, i still wouldn't like that format. Maybe on another show, but we are talking about The Voice USA, a show where the main audience is biased to certain type of singers, and even worst, is biased to the contestans on certain team of certain coach. So, that inevitably would lead to some great singers to leave the show before the live playoffs, just because they don't fit the main audience preferences. 

this. I somewhat agree on this point only:The rules should have been tweaked so that the coaches can only use their Saves and Steals at the conclusion of the entire round. That way, they’d be able to properly size up all of the at-risk artists from both weeks before making their career-changing decisions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I agree with this, Minivan is biased towards a certain type of singers, just like IDF as well. (If it were up to IDF all the male country singers would have been eliminated, don´t deny it lol). Not to mention the Blake factor, who has the most support from the main audience. It would pretty much the same if done now, with now John being the hated coach that loses all of his contestants now that Adam´s not here.

The Voice is all about the coaches, but the Cross Battles gave them way too much spotlight, which I’m not sure it was necessary in the first place.

The only thing positive about S16 Cross Battles was Maelyn’s Mad World (and Domenic’s CB to a lesser extent). Everything else was dumpster fire.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would be fine with a live, audience-voting replacement of the knockouts. I think it could go in two ways:

a) similar to the knockouts, with sets of 2 singers competing against each other. People vote to pick the winner. Steals and Saves can occur either right after each pairing, or, preferably, after all of the pairings.

b) all remaining members of the team sing, in what's essentially a playoffs part 1, and the top X from each team move on with the Public Vote. The next 5-X or 4-X move on with the Coach Save.

A coach comeback could be possible in either case.

The benefits of this:

a) more live performances.

b) greater incentive to kick off pitchy singers in the battles.

c) equal # of people on each team going into POs (unless there's a coach comeback, and this is compared to Live CB)

The detractors of this:

a) possibly weaker battles, since based on part b) of the benefits, the battles would be more Good v. Bad.

b) KOs are the breakout moments for many contestants, so the nerves in the CB could lead to poor performances.

c) .....possibly some that I missed!

Hopefully, season 20 is John's last season for now. I wouldn't mind him as a rotating coach afterwards but I wouldn't want the same three coaches every single season. Besides, I'm dying to see Alicia or JHud on The Voice again!!! 😍

I would prefer Alicia over JHud tbh since she's done really well on the show in the past (3rd place in season 11, winner in season 12, and runner-up in season 14). JHud didn't have as much success on the show but she's still a good coach. I love her personality, enthusiasm, and shoe-throwing tendencies. You know what, we could have Alicia AND JHud in season 21. Kelly, Alicia, JHud, and Blake: now THAT would be a really interesting season lmao 🤣🤣🤣

season 14 nbc GIF by Alicia KeysEpisode 2 Nbc GIF by The Voice

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

I’m going to be honest with you guys... We know JHUD is a fun and entertaining coach on TV, but what proof do we have that she actually helps and supports her contestants? Noah Mac literally mentioned that he never saw JHUD unless the cameras were rolling. ☹️

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m going to be honest with you guys... We know JHUD is a fun and entertaining coach on TV, but what proof do we have that she actually helps and supports her contestants? Noah Mac literally mentioned that he never saw JHUD unless the cameras were rolling. ☹️

Not sure bout that but what I like about JHud is she tends to coach artists that were deemed not much of a favorite at the start of the show, only then she will help that artist to improve massively as the show goes on (both on UK and US version of The Voice)

Many of the most improved artists/underdogs from the blinds came from her team: MaKenzie Thomas (the only one who turned for her), Stephan Marcellus (had a massive improvement during the battles), Mike Parker (?), (not on the US version but) Jamie Miller (most importantly, compare his blinds to his lives, you'll know why)

But I do get your point though 🤔. Did Noah hate her or something? She's following him and her other artists tho on IG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

That’s probably the case with most of the coaches, during the show. I think Kelly showed up to some of the rehearsals she didn’t need to attend during S14 and S15. Maybe she still does, but I’m not sure. She’s super busy. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

She doesn’t work with them all, but if she clicks with you, she will be in your corner. 

I believe she took Davon Fleming with her as a back up singer at some high profile gigs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Not sure bout that but what I like about JHud is she tends to coach artists that were deemed not much of a favorite at the start of the show, only then she will help that artist to improve massively as the show goes on (both on UK and US version of The Voice)

Many of the most improved artists/underdogs from the blinds came from her team: MaKenzie Thomas (the only one who turned for her), Stephan Marcellus (had a massive improvement during the battles), Mike Parker (?), (not on the US version but) Jamie Miller (most importantly, compare his blinds to his lives, you'll know why)

But I do get your point though 🤔. Did Noah hate her or something? She's following him and her other artists tho on IG

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s probably the case with most of the coaches, during the show. I think Kelly showed up to some of the rehearsals she didn’t need to attend during S14 and S15. Maybe she still does, but I’m not sure. She’s super busy. 

4 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

She doesn’t work with them all, but if she clicks with you, she will be in your corner. 

I believe she took Davon Fleming with her as a back up singer at some high profile gigs.

Thanks for the information and takes on the topic! ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Random question but, if there aren't any COVID-related delays, when do they usually film the pre-taped stuff for fall seasons? 🤨

I believe they film the blinds mid-late July and the battles/knockouts in august. Season 19 had less than a month altering their schedule in the blinds, but I think battles/knockouts were pushed about one full month or maybe even more, hence why the premiere was also about a month late

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I believe they film the blinds mid-late July and the battles/knockouts in august. Season 19 had less than a month altering their schedule in the blinds, but I think battles/knockouts were pushed about one full month or maybe even more, hence why the premiere was also about a month late

If that's the case, John Legend may not be a coach in season 21. Assuming that COVID doesn't push dates around again, John is supposed to go on tour next summer (early July to late September). If that's the case, there's no way he'll be coaching in season 21. Fingers crossed. 🤞🏾

Alicia is also supposed to go on tour next summer so she wouldn't likely be John's replacement. Chances are JHud is coming back for season 21!!! 🥳

jennifer hudson yes GIF by The Voice

Edited by disney1024

35 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

If that's the case, John Legend may not be a coach in season 21. Assuming that COVID doesn't push dates around again, John is supposed to go on tour next summer (early July to late September). If that's the case, there's no way he'll be coaching in season 21. Fingers crossed. 🤞🏾

Alicia is also supposed to go on tour next summer so she wouldn't likely be John's replacement. Chances are JHud is coming back for season 21!!! 🥳

jennifer hudson yes GIF by The Voice

yea i wouldnt get my hopes up. like you stated covid might push stuff back again since i dont see it gone by next year and kelly was doing a tour or i believe had a residency in s18 while she still done lives. john could easily squeeze in a week to do the voice and hop back on to do a tour and he repeatedly states how much he loves this show so

forgot to add the pay for each season is too good to pass up

Edited by thevoicefan12
  • Sad 1

• istersay changed the title to Voice General Discussion 2 🧵
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay unpinned this topic
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay pinned this topic