Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two years ago yesterday, Janice Freeman passed away😭 Janice is one of my favorite contestants of all time. All of her performances were absolutely incredible, and her battle, KO, playoff, and T12 perf

Voice season 21 virtual casting is open for Dec 10 & 11th, if you've ever wanted to try to get past multiple rounds of producers and evaluators only to be mocked by people in an internet forum 

y’all need to hear this story about our beloved coach Usher. apparently he went to a club recently and paid the dancers in “Usher Bucks” as opposed to actual money... like the bills he gave them were

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Shere Khan said:

Hi guys. I've just joined IDF out of pandemic boredom... 😄 I've been watching the show and lurking the spoiler threads since season 6.

My latest favorites are Addison and Maelyn.

And I was born in Hungary btw 😄

Welcome! I also love Addison and Maelyn

• Like 1

This should maybe go in unpop, but I think Mia of worth the wait would’ve been a bigger contender by herself then she is as part of the trip. Young, pretty, country, and unlike the other two her solo didn’t totally stink 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, seak05 said:

This should maybe go in unpop, but I think Mia of worth the wait would’ve been a bigger contender by herself then she is as part of the trip. Young, pretty, country, and unlike the other two her solo didn’t totally stink 

I don't think it's unpop.

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

i don't know whether she'd be able to handle doing a whole song by herself. i also think the novelty factor of a family trio is definitely helping them, as well.

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

i don't know whether she'd be able to handle doing a whole song by herself. i also think the novelty factor of a family trio is definitely helping them, as well.

they definitely told the third sister to stay home for the act lol

• Haha 7
29 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I remember a very similar discussion around Hello Sunday from Season 17 - a lot of people thought one singer was better than the other, and that the other singer was bringing down their performances. But yeah, the novelty of having 13- and 14-year-olds in a cute little duo together helps them in a way that singing solo cannot. I could imagine the same thing going on with Worth the Wait.

Or maybe Mia DID originally audition alone, but TPTB stepped in and made her bring her sister and mom with her so they could be a trio... Simon Cowell-style... 👀(I don't actually believe this lol)

32 minutes ago, Bouli said:

I remember a very similar discussion around Hello Sunday from Season 17 - a lot of people thought one singer was better than the other, and that the other singer was bringing down their performances. But yeah, the novelty of having 13- and 14-year-olds in a cute little duo together helps them in a way that singing solo cannot. I could imagine the same thing going on with Worth the Wait.

Or maybe Mia DID originally audition alone, but TPTB stepped in and made her bring her sister and mom with her so they could be a trio... Simon Cowell-style... 👀(I don't actually believe this lol)

i have said this so many times before, but i'll say it every time this comes up. chelsea is REALLY good on the softer notes (visit the top 8 performance), and myla is REALLY good on the louder ones. if they had stuck with that instead of equally splitting it, they could have gone farther (and i think they could have taken a spot in the finale)

• Like 1

Did I hear right yesterday from Blake that the live shows are only three weeks long?

I feel no connection to any of these contestants with how quickly they're shuffled through the show. Eventually, the live shows will be one week and Carson will boast about "going from 20 contestants to 1."

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'm wondering how previous seasons would've fared if they had blown through the contestants as fast as they do now. How many finalists would never have built up steam or gotten a chance to sing that song which put them over the top? 

15 hours ago, Vinyl said:

Did I hear right yesterday from Blake that the live shows are only three weeks long?

I feel no connection to any of these contestants with how quickly they're shuffled through the show. Eventually, the live shows will be one week and Carson will boast about "going from 20 contestants to 1."

If you don't like this format, just wait to see the format of both The Voice UK and The Voice Australia for next seasons. The format in both of them is gonna be a disaster. In The Voice UK, they are skipping from battles to semifinals, and then to final (They are eliminating 20 contestants in one week!). And in The Voice Australia they are skipping from Blinds to SEMIFINALS! The format in both has been literally murdered and distroyed. At least here, we still have both Battles and Knockouts, and one Live Show before Semifinals

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
18 hours ago, Vinyl said:

The number of viewers decline radically after BAs and there's a reason for that. Casuals want to see the chairs turning and seeing who the contestant will pick, which are sort of catartic moments. Also the BAs has the most screentime with the coaches talking gibberish. The live shows should include more creativity, more catartic moments and more coach screen time to keep the casuals interested. That's my two cents.

Otherwise they will cut the number of live shows even more... however I'll stop watching at that point. The current format is already terrible. Do we know anything about how the spring season will go?

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Vinyl said:

The lives have always been too short relative to the taped portions. At least they realized they had to pare down and start with only 40 artists.

OMG Yess! The voice put the Holidays performances on their You Tube Channel. Nice to see Jordan there. And btw as @seak05 mentioned in the THE VOICE HOLIDAYS CELEBRATION THREAD, Jordan is the only past voice contestant who's solo performance was shown.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Thanks 1
On 11/24/2020 at 1:42 PM, DETIED said:

Excellent, how do you know that about Gwen's new music? (im a fan of her since ND)
do you have any source?
In all the seasons where she was a coach she had a performance

I do have a source yes haha, but now it is public! Looks to be coming out on monday, titled 'Let Me Reintroduce Myself', and Luke Niccoli is indeed involved.

On 11/24/2020 at 7:36 PM, Dalton Eduardo said:

His blind audition was montaged but you may see a clip of his audition here.

https://streamable.com/uh8qnq

On 11/24/2020 at 12:04 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

Welcome to IDF. :clap:

Thanks!

I guess we can add this to the list of nationally televised performance gigs Kelly has hooked up for someone from Team Kelly. Kelly had Sid Kingsley play tenor sax for her performance of Underneath the Tree for the Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting special that aired this week. He isn't shown much because he's so far off to the side, but he plays a solo at the 2:54 mark. I don't think Sid mentioned this performance on social media, but Tanner posted about it on his Instagram and tagged Sid. 

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

I guess we can add this to the list of nationally televised performance gigs Kelly has hooked up for someone from Team Kelly. Kelly had Sid Kingsley play tenor sax for her performance of Underneath the Tree for the Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting special that aired this week. He isn't shown much because he's so far off to the side, but he plays a solo at the 2:54 mark. I don't think Sid mentioned this performance on social media, but Tanner posted about it on his Instagram and tagged Sid. 

If you told me that was Sid, I would not believe you. Also why is this video age-restricted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :haha:

8 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Was just thinking, how did Britton manage to jump from IS winner to runner-up?

Two words: cumulative votes. 

The live rounds have separate results and the Finale overall, cumulative votes. They implemented the cumulative votes after season 7. 

4 minutes ago, echoap said:

Two words: cumulative votes. 

The live rounds have separate results and the Finale overall, cumulative votes. They implemented the cumulative votes after season 7. 

Only iTunes and then steaming were cumulative. Votes weren’t 

• istersay changed the title to Voice General Discussion 2 🧵
  • istersay pinned this topic
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay unpinned this topic